Phuket cop sentenced to 25 years in prison after shooting noodle vendor in Patong in 2021

snoop1130

23 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Why do they not have a compensation scheme as other countries do regarding the police force. I believe in the U.K. it is called the CICA.

I appreciate that policemen, and Women, are only human, however, surely part of their job description is that they are always deemed to be on duty.

Therefore, on down time and getting drunk, leave any firearms safely locked away.

A Government funded scheme for compensation would at least ensure this man received his money, which, sadly at the moment is as far away as our nearest star. 

you are only 'on duty' when your work corresponds to your rostered duties...of course if you come across a serious incident where you can assist, then you should do so; however you have no legal right or purpose to be carrying a weapon whilst 'off duty'...in times gone by, side arm after parade according to what duties you were assigned and signed back in plus the rounds counted. Only plain clothes officers were issued a permanent weapon. All too easy to grab a gun when you're under the influence of alcohol/drugs and out of control. How on earth do they expect the average family here to come up with this sort of money is illogical. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tandor said:

however you have no legal right or purpose to be carrying a weapon whilst 'off duty'

However, this is Thailand.

PHUKET: Despite the recent deadly shoot-out at a pub in Samui or the bodies piling up of people in Phuket killed by guns carried into public places by off-duty officers, the Royal Thai Police is not considering reviewing its stance on officers carrying loaded firearms into pubs, clubs, restaurants or other venues while not on duty.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Sad 1

On 8/17/2022 at 9:53 AM, Purdey said:

Wait a sec... 25 years in prison but must pay almost 8m Baht in compensation in 20 years?

Shirley shome mishtake?

Most likely a family member will pay a portion of it. They always bail out relatives from every mess they get into here.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 5:37 PM, worgeordie said:

The only way that is going to happen is if the defendant wins

the lottery ,while in prison , 

regards worgeordie

so all police have almost 8 million in their account..that's a lot of envelopes eh

4 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

However, this is Thailand.

PHUKET: Despite the recent deadly shoot-out at a pub in Samui or the bodies piling up of people in Phuket killed by guns carried into public places by off-duty officers, the Royal Thai Police is not considering reviewing its stance on officers carrying loaded firearms into pubs, clubs, restaurants or other venues while not on duty.

Thanks, but i am not stupid...i am totally aware 'this is Thailand'. I gave an example of how it should be done. Obviously the RTP have to change or implement better regulations. RTP purchase their own weapons and are allowed to carry them whilst 'on duty' only. It comes down to control.

On 8/17/2022 at 4:20 AM, mikeymike100 said:

"The punishment has been decreased to 25 years and four months in prison with a 1,000 baht fine and to pay compensation to the victim of 7,992,500 baht."

What is the point of the 1,000 fine?

So he doesnt do it again

• Haha 1

On 8/18/2022 at 2:44 PM, tandor said:

RTP purchase their own weapons and are allowed to carry them whilst 'on duty' only.

The quoted post below says they are allowed to carry their service guns while off duty.

the Royal Thai Police is not considering reviewing its stance on officers carrying loaded firearms into pubs, clubs, restaurants or other venues while not on duty.

7 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The quoted post below says they are allowed to carry their service guns while off duty.

with respect......well, i dont know whom 'the quoted post below is'...however my source is an admin Sen. Sergeant Major who stated emphatically that a) they must carry a permit proving ownership of their gun, and b) they must carry another permit issued from their relative Provincial City Hall giving them permission to carry their gun in relation to their duty. The only officers that are permitted to carry their guns off duty are detectives and those other officers on special attachments.

If other officers want to duck and weave in and out of their duties and responsibilities; i guess is up to them until caught.

2 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

how does he get any lottery tickets???

or can he buy them ONLINE whilst in clink??

Most things can be found in prison's , drugs , alcohol ,phones, better food if you have money.

lottery tickets should be easy...

regards worgeordie

• Like 1