First Non O Visa Extension - Retirement 800k ( Phuket )

Thanks for the report.  Agree that it's usually a relaxed process and your time required sounds accurate.

Did you provide your actual bank passbook or any other evidence that you met the usual minimum balance requirements for the entire year (800k for 2 months prior to the application, 800k for 3 months after the application, and 400k for the remainder of the year)?

5 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Did you provide your actual bank passbook or any other evidence that you met the usual minimum balance requirements for the entire year (800k for 2 months prior to the application, 800k for 3 months after the application, and 400k for the remainder of the year)?

I'm not clear on the OP extension.......is it his first extension? If so he would only be required to show the 800k for 2 months prior to application. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm not clear on the OP extension.......is it his first extension? If so he would only be required to show the 800k for 2 months prior to application. 

That would make sense.  The only minimum balance requirement for the initial retirement extension is 800k for 2 months prior to the application, for which a 3 month bank statement would be more than adequate.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 1:20 PM, CANSIAM said:

......paperwork checks again and the passport stamping - bank letter and I had a 3 month statement.

Does immigration office require bank statement?

Why not just your bankbook showing balance history? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

In my experience and according to the Phuket Immigration Volunteer website, Phuket requires three things from your bank:

1.  Standard bank letter verifying your ownership of the account and balance on the date of the letter.

2.  Bank statement showing that you have complied with the minimum balance requirements:

2.a.  minimum 800k at least 2 months before current application
2.b.  minimum 800k at least 3 months after previous application

2.c.  minimum 400k at all other times since the previous application

Only 2.a is required the first time you apply for a retirement extension.  For subsequent applications each of 2.a, 2.b, and 2.c are required.

3.  A physical passbook for the account.

https://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/retirement/

A bank statement never suffers from the problem of consolidated entries which a passbook can suffer from depending on the frequency of your passbook updating relative to your account activity.  Consolidated entries can hide falling below the minimum balance requirements.

Edited by skatewash
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, skatewash said:

A bank statement never suffers from the problem of consolidated entries which a passbook can suffer from depending on the frequency of your passbook updating relative to your account activity

Indeed.

Never understand why folk don't have a dedicated bank account for immigration purposes and other accounts for day to day banking. 

4 hours ago, skatewash said:

Thanks for the report.  Agree that it's usually a relaxed process and your time required sounds accurate.

He did not ask to see my passbook, had passbook copies 3 months back and the bank statement 3 months back. No banking questions were asked at all !! No mention regarding the 800k  3 months after and the 400k for the remainder, maybe because it was 1st extension on a Non O ?  Picked up PP today, 90 day slip was attached starting from extension application date ( 17th ) and the 1 year retirement extension stamp was Sept 7, 2023. My Non O arrival stamp permission to stay was Sept. 7, 2022.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

From the online Phuket Immigration instructions it said 2 month bank statement and copies of your passbook pages including name page. It was my 1st extension, 2 months statement would have been fine, I just went with 3 for a buffer, IO had nothing to say just "sign sign here and mobile number"........

Edited by CANSIAM
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

He did not ask to see my passbook, had passbook copies 3 months back and the bank statement 3 months back. No banking questions were asked at all !! No mention regarding the 800k  3 months after and the 400k for the remainder, maybe because it was 1st extension on a Non O ?  Picked up PP today, 90 day slip was attached starting from extension application date ( 17th ) and the 1 year retirement extension stamp was Sept 7, 2023. My Non O arrival stamp permission to stay was Sept. 7, 2022.  

It's normal procedure for Phuket Immigration to automatically do a new 90-Day Report when you get your retirement extension done.  Apparently, that is unusual in other provinces.  Maybe it's because our passports are always kept at immigration overnight and we pick them up the next day (gives them time to do the 90-Day Report for us).

Edited by skatewash
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CANSIAM said:

I just noticed the topic title is not correct, apologies - 'First Non O  E-visa extension', NOT Non O A-visa... 

Was wondering why there was no mention of the heath insurance requirement.  All makes sense now. ????

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

I just noticed the topic title is not correct, apologies - 'First Non O  E-visa extension', NOT Non O A-visa... 

Having the E after the O caused some confusion (I changed it a A before thinking it was a typo)) so I have removed it since it being a e visa is not that relevant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Never understand why folk don't have a dedicated bank account for immigration purposes and other accounts for day to day banking. 

Because it is not required to have a dedicated bank account for immigration purposes.

Because you have does not mean everybody should follow your example.

When you go shopping (weekly, monthly) most of the time there is a bank branch nearby and you update your bank book.

If no bank branch nearby find one every 3 months. No big deal or time consuming.

18 minutes ago, Resident Alien said:

If no bank branch nearby find one every 3 months. No big deal or time consuming

No problem. To each their own, however that will require bank statements for the year to apply for annual extension as transactions may be consolidated.