Agoda says Bangkok is top destination for tourists worldwide, Pattaya 8th most popular

webfact

26 minutes ago, Baron Samedi said:

Kinda fake news.

Agoda caters mainly for tourists planning trips in SE Asia.

The company's data is therefore completely biased.

Bangkok might be the main destination for people visiting that specific part of the world but that's it.

The day Bangkok becomes the number one destination for tourists worldwide, I'll be running for president in Zimbabwe.

Sure you're not forgetting something ? ????

When you do become President of Zimbabwe, you'll find lots of lovely places to stay if you check Agoda.

https://www.agoda.com/en-gb/search?guid=6127b2a5-f77b-471f-a12a-c55ad3d7d455&asq=UdnNqaYFm7WORF5H80vj1%2FtTFuol6NDqaO5f7rYn1H1EXQIyd%2BC2hMal3Yzn6%2BB%2B9KDIMZO5QUgeNTmbr%2FVOPwq9rMl7RKkaigAc%2FA%2B43WMsBJlNqGDPmHUXtDxitclQXiyX8%2F8HJ3jSDjfHoaOyVb8X1pM8ZP0Pawm8qdvAxpuNQdTRrtOOQgHXCXYIeLmXcI6vkul2zBTsp0iohr8xlg%3D%3D&city=13683&tick=637964465239&isdym=true&searchterm=zimbabwe&txtuuid=6127b2a5-f77b-471f-a12a-c55ad3d7d455&locale=en-gb&ckuid=18019494-d84a-47d2-8f2f-8c43c8c1e129&prid=0&currency=GBP&correlationId=734772cb-cb81-464c-becb-c9a3864ad1b0&pageTypeId=1&realLanguageId=16&languageId=1&origin=GB&cid=-217&userId=18019494-d84a-47d2-8f2f-8c43c8c1e129&whitelabelid=1&loginLvl=0&storefrontId=3&currencyId=2&currencyCode=GBP&htmlLanguage=en-gb&cultureInfoName=en-gb&machineName=user-58d99f4688-mwc92&trafficGroupId=1&sessionId=u4hs4fim1kqh4q5tq45mdxhp&trafficSubGroupId=84&aid=130589&useFullPageLogin=true&cttp=4&isRealUser=true&mode=production&checkIn=2022-09-01&checkOut=2022-09-14&rooms=1&adults=2&children=0&priceCur=GBP&los=13&textToSearch=zimbabwe&travellerType=1&familyMode=off&productType=-1

6 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Lucky Bones --Agoda are talking about bookings --not what pattaya looked liked today.

people doing bookings up to August  (now). People usually book ahead for holidays.

It would be mad to say Thailand wasn't a popular place to holiday before Covid--so what would make it not a popular place again.....but this statement seems to incense a certain group of people.

Fair call Sanuk711.

I just have little faith in mobs like this who spruke places while giving no demographic data to support their data.

Statements such as "sandy beaches, delectable food offers and gorgeous hotels are simply cut and paste from advertising101.

And I doubt a certain group gets incensed - more likely just tired of this type of self serving BS.

Cheers.????????

32 minutes ago, mrfill said:

When you do become President of Zimbabwe, you'll find lots of lovely places to stay if you check Agoda.

I didn't say Agoda operated only in SE Asia. I underlined the fact that Agoda mainly catered to people visiting SE Asia. Hence the bias.

Edited by Baron Samedi

I see my previous post was deleted so I will post it again

Orlando, Florida, USA had 75,000,000 tourists in 2018

Now check how many Bangkok had?

Thailand as an entire country, didn't have anywhere close to Orlando Florida

Agoda trying to sell ads is all

Edited by KIngsofisaan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:
3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The OP didn't claim that they are all travelling here.

"BANGKOK (NNT) - International tourists’ activity has picked up ..."

Well, one could argue that "international tourists' activity" could include 'just browsing the internet for destinations'... 

"Online travel booking platform Agoda made the findings after having compiled data on room booking made via the platform from May to August this year. It found Bangkok to be the number one destination drawing interest from foreign tourists".

16 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Don't know about the precise numbers, but Bangkok has surely been a top tourist destination for many years.

For a lot of international tourist Bangkok was a stop over before going to the other locations.

There is a lot to see and do here for a couple of days before heading to the beaches and the real tourist traps

15 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

I see my previous post was deleted so I will post it again

Orlando, Florida, USA had 75,000,000 tourists in 2018

Now check how many Bangkok had?

Thailand as an entire country, didn't have anywhere close to Orlando Florida

Agoda trying to sell ads is all

I dare say the majority of Orlando visitors are Americans.  We are talking international visitors here and Thailand - pre-Covid - was one of the most visited countries in the world, and Bangkok one of the most visited cities, like it or not.

Orlando or Thailand.  I certainly know which one I would pick (and sorry, it isn't Orlando, not by a long way).

Why do the bashers have to come crawling out whenever there is a positive story about Thailand??  What do you get out of it?

18 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Fair call Sanuk711.

I just have little faith in mobs like this who spruke places while giving no demographic data to support their data.

Statements such as "sandy beaches, delectable food offers and gorgeous hotels are simply cut and paste from advertising101.

And I doubt a certain group gets incensed - more likely just tired of this type of self serving BS.

Cheers.????????

Oh please what nonsense. If Bangkok came in last the incensed would be giddy with joy and that thread would run 20 pages as compared to barley 2 here. Talk about data how about when master card with absolute data and have no reason to manipulate anything come up with Bangkok as number 1? Punters here were outraged ????????????

Yea, I was just on flights in S. America. Several local flights and also Mexico. Many many tourists on the flights. On my way here to BKK very few. So, not sure if that is a correct account. But, that was coming out of San Francisco.  In MBK there are literally no westerners I saw. That I could tell were westerners.  lots of Middle East.  My hotel in BKK is full of Middle East.  So maybe that is the majority of the tourists.

Edited by Gknrd

2 hours ago, whereyougo said:

Oh please what nonsense. If Bangkok came in last the incensed would be giddy with joy and that thread would run 20 pages as compared to barley 2 here. Talk about data how about when master card with absolute data and have no reason to manipulate anything come up with Bangkok as number 1? Punters here were outraged ????????????

Link to Mastercard data please.

Preferably before I become incensed at my own nonsense.????????

1 hour ago, 3NUMBAS said:

they have a hidden agenda to fill hotels which are stilll empty just about everywhere

they do... " the country takes aim at becoming a “world-class destination”" unfortunately world class tourists, in Thailand, are few and far between these days 555

7 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

I dare say the majority of Orlando visitors are Americans.  We are talking international visitors here and Thailand - pre-Covid - was one of the most visited countries in the world, and Bangkok one of the most visited cities, like it or not.

Orlando or Thailand.  I certainly know which one I would pick (and sorry, it isn't Orlando, not by a long way).

Why do the bashers have to come crawling out whenever there is a positive story about Thailand??  What do you get out of it?

Can you read?

Bangkok is top destination for TOURIST worldwide.

Agoda has found Bangkok to be the most popular destination among tourists globally

Simply not true at all. 

No matter how much you try to defend or spin it, just shows a really ignoratn bias short of facts

18 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Can you read?

Bangkok is top destination for TOURIST worldwide.

Agoda has found Bangkok to be the most popular destination among tourists globally

Simply not true at all. 

No matter how much you try to defend or spin it, just shows a really ignoratn bias short of facts

Oh dear, try continuing your reading.  It is obviously referring to foreign tourists.

"It found Bangkok to be the number one destination drawing interest from foreign tourists."

But OK, if it hurts your feeling that America isn't the best, here you go: Orlando is clearly the best place in the world and nowhere in Asia can beat it.  Orlando really is an amazing place and I only wish I could be there.  The fact that lots and lots of Americans go there for holidays mean it must be incredible (and has nothing to do with the fact that a lot of Americans don't go to foreign places).

Feel better now?  USA! USA!

Edited by josephbloggs

4 hours ago, whereyougo said:

Errrrr....that is another self serving advertisement, this time from Mastercard.

Holds no credence.

Any independent critiques out there?

A bit like me telling you I'm a good bloke.????????

6 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Errrrr....that is another self serving advertisement, this time from Mastercard.

Holds no credence.

Any independent critiques out there?

A bit like me telling you I'm a good bloke.????????

ERRRRrrr...I think you've been giving yourself a little to much  "self serving"  ????????????