Tourism minister determined to get 4 am nightlife so Thailand "won't be left behind" - it's all about money

webfact

20 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Interesting that we are still in a state of emergency over Covid, which has prevented many a political protest from taking place, yet now, in the name of money, the doctors warnings will be ignored to get that cash rolling in. Be tough to see how they can allow and encourage teeming night life without declaring an end to the state of emergency though, and I suspect when they do, we will see millions of Thais protesting on the streets, and I am not sure how good that will be for tourism.

It will be interesting to see when Prayut remains in office and thousands of protesting students take to the streets they will be swept away to jail under the emergency decree, yet bars will be allowed to remain open till 4am?

Can't have it both ways...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

what are you talking about,  how many tourists actually drive?

It will not be just tourists that will stay until all hours.  I foresee work problems for some who decide to stay out and party longer. However, it does not stop them now i guess unless all they do is go to a bar and leave at current closing times.  When I was running my business and going into businesses first thing in the morning years ago in Phuket, 8am, I would see many who were still nursing the affects of the night before.  Is this possibly why businesses here do not open up until 10 or 11 am.......just a thought.

22 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It will not be just tourists that will stay until all hours.  I foresee work problems for some who decide to stay out and party longer. However, it does not stop them now i guess unless all they do is go to a bar and leave at current closing times.  When I was running my business and going into businesses first thing in the morning years ago in Phuket, 8am, I would see many who were still nursing the affects of the night before.  Is this possibly why businesses here do not open up until 10 or 11 am.......just a thought.

Contrary to what you think ,most people are , like you. perfectly capable of exercising self control when necessary ,  there would need to be a blanket ban on alcohol to protect a tiny minority from themselves,    Hardly a reason to restrict the night time economy or the chosen leisure  activities and enjoyments  of those on holiday  

13 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

what are you talking about,  how many tourists actually drive?

Your ability to not read, or understand a post correctly, is only exceeded by your ability to post a load of Tosh.

How many tourists actually work ?

My post was about the Locals getting Bladdered and creating Carnage.

Go back to drinking your Surah

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/18/2022 at 8:45 AM, Cake Monster said:

DSD

Hasnt that been the case all the way through the Pandemic

Money before any Health or Safety

Shutting the country down for months was hardly putting money before health and safety,  what a ridiculous statement

1 minute ago, Cake Monster said:

Your ability to not read, or understand a post correctly, is only exceeded by your ability to post a load of Tosh.

How many tourists actually work ?

My post was about the Locals getting Bladdered and creating Carnage.

Go back to drinking your Surah

There is nothing wrong with my ability to read or understand the meaning of your post,  You clearly  think "locals" are totally lacking in moral fiber, and as such are  incapable of remaining sober without some form of legislation in place to enforce  restraint or  abstinence?  Unlike yourself obviously !   How arrogant is that?  I guess you don't have many Thai friends

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

There is nothing wrong with my ability to read or understand the meaning of your post,  You clearly  think "locals" are totally lacking in moral fiber, and as such are  incapable of remaining sober without some form of legislation in place to enforce  restraint or  abstinence?  Unlike yourself obviously !   How arrogant is that?  I guess you don't have many Thai friends

Why is it then that it is always the locals who are caught drinking late in the evening in closed places and then fighting each other while causing chaos, even causing death.  Your view is very narrow, how much news do you nit read or watch and do you understand and speak the Thai language.  Many hard working Thais I know and do things with oppose this measure.

16 hours ago, overherebc said:

Why does TV state   it's all about money?

Of course it is, or do people expect Thailand to pay airfares etc for tourists to come?

Don't forget many on here have a deep rooted problem  regarding any Thai being wealthier than they are, this article like many others is designed to fan the flames of that basically racist resentment

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why is it then that it is always the locals who are caught drinking late in the evening in closed places and then fighting each other while causing chaos, even causing death.  Your view is very narrow, how much news do you nit read or watch and do you understand and speak the Thai language.  Many hard working Thais I know and do things with oppose this measure.

There are many examples of tourists and expats alike causing trouble and drinking illegally . of course there are not as many examples as there are of Thais behaving badly that might possibly be because there are simply  not as many tourists.  Many hardworking Thais that I know exhibit a live and let live attitude to the activities of others. and I have never heard them calling for more restrictive legislation to curb others enjoyment.   Totally contrary to the killjoy attitudes expressed by some of the more self-righteous, members of this forum.

On 8/18/2022 at 1:34 AM, internationalism said:

<snip>

Thailand was spared the BA.5 wave, as so  far.. Europe is tightening up it's regulations against BA.5 and BA.6 wave combined with seasonal flu - expected to spread in the Autumn.  

But as long as people are vaccinated, so what?

Covid booster rollout to start in early September in England  Based on that, my doctor in UK has just sent me a text advising about the next booster vax as I'm well over 50!

I imagine countries in Europe are similar.

7 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

There are many examples of tourists and expats alike causing trouble and drinking illegally . of course there are not as many examples as there are of Thais behaving badly that might possibly be because there are simply  not as many tourists.  Many hardworking Thais that I know exhibit a live and let live attitude to the activities of others. and I have never heard them calling for more restrictive legislation to curb others enjoyment.   Totally contrary to the killjoy attitudes expressed by some of the more self-righteous, members of this forum.

More restrictive, they are asking to keep it as is, if that's asking for it to be restrictive your brain has been addled.