Question about “Pothole” Coffee shop

9 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Can you share any links on this, please?

The government are still discussing what is going to be legal or illegal, it was announced that cannabis was legal for medicinal purposes only a few weeks ago. I believe the strength sold could not be above .0.025%. It was also announced you could only grow and sell it if you have a licence.

The deputy PM got elected on the criteria he was going to make cannabis legal.

I don’t  know why it was announced as being legal before being put through Parliament and the laws entered in the Royal Gazette ?
I can’t imagine now how they are going to enforce any laws, a case of closing the gate after the horse has bolted. 

38 minutes ago, chrischronic said:

Wait, I walk down the street of Bkk with a Leo beer often. Almost daily...... It's illegal?

If it is not then it should be, drinking in public apart from licenced premises is a big no no.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The government are still discussing what is going to be legal or illegal, it was announced that cannabis was legal for medicinal purposes only a few weeks ago. I believe the strength sold could not be above .0.025%. It was also announced you could only grow and sell it if you have a licence.

The deputy PM got elected on the criteria he was going to make cannabis legal.

I don’t  know why it was announced as being legal before being put through Parliament and the laws entered in the Royal Gazette ?
I can’t imagine now how they are going to enforce any laws, a case of closing the gate after the horse has bolted. 

It clear that you do not understand anything to do with what has been legalised.

Probably best to leave it that way. 

Likely someone can explain it to you, but you will still choose to keep your own 'way off base' interpretation.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

It clear that you do not understand anything to do with what has been legalised.

Probably best to leave it that way. 

Likely someone can explain it to you, but you will still choose to keep your own 'way off base' interpretation.

I think you should check your facts prior to posting,

Thailand's Ministry of Public Health has designated marijuana and hemp as controlled plants, legalising cannabis with the aim of promoting it for medical and health purposes, and limiting its possession and use to people aged 20 years and above (unless they have permission from a doctor)

17 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I think you should check your facts prior to posting,

Thailand's Ministry of Public Health has designated marijuana and hemp as controlled plants, legalising cannabis with the aim of promoting it for medical and health purposes, and limiting its possession and use to people aged 20 years and above (unless they have permission from a doctor)

So what is it that you don't understand from your own quote??

legalising cannabis with the aim of promoting it for medical and health purposes, and limiting its possession and use to people aged 20 years and above

So it legal for anyone aged 20 and above. Smoke the flowers etc to your hearts content. But extracts, such as oils are not allowed to be made and sold. That's the bit likely confusing you.

6 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

So what is it that you don't understand from your own quote??

So it legal for anyone aged 20 and above. Smoke the flowers etc to your hearts content. But extracts, such as oils are not allowed to be made and sold. That's the bit likely confusing you.

No you don’t understand, legal for medicinal purposes only.

5 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

No you don’t understand, legal for medicinal purposes only.

Those are your words. The actual quote states

medical and health purposes

doesn't it?

So in other words, if you are stressed and anxious, feel free. If you are just taking it just for fun, we will frown at you, but please be careful and sensible. No prescriptions necessary; just be sensible and responsible. 

There are always people who will do things in an unhealthy manner. Do we constantly lock down the human race in order to stop some people from making mistakes they are going to make anyway?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

A new place in Pattaya called “Pothole” is advertising itself as an “Amsterdam-style coffee shop”.   This would seem to indicate on-premises consumption.  Is this legal?   Comments please.

It's full of dykes you can stick your finger into.......

41 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

So smoking pot in the street or in a public place is deemed as for medical and health purposes ?

You can read the same news sources as everyone reads for information. I read and I share in order to be helpful. 

2 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

You can read the same news sources as everyone reads for information. I read and I share in order to be helpful. 

I post the news from the Thai government so people don’t think Thailand is a place where cannabis is freely available and you can smoke a joins anywhere you like. A quote from the Health Minister.

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul vowed to promote Thailand as a leading marijuana market for medical purposes and discourage foreign tourists who aimed to visit the country for recreational purposes.

The Minister gave an interview with foreign press on Wednesday, August 17th, that the Ministry expected the marijuana market in Thailand to generate about 1.5 billion USD in early revenue and would grow 2-3 times higher after the first year of the decriminalization.

He also reiterated that Thailand would focus on cannabis and hemp for medical use only and did not currently promote recreational use. Foreign tourists who planned to visit the country just to smoke the plant were, therefore, discouraged.

It is not illegal to consume in the shop. As stated earlier, as of todays date, there is only a nuisance law and you cannot smell it outside the doors so there will not be any problems. I am a frequent user of the Pothole and it is fantastic. Great lighting, excellent air movement and the staff and owners are great. I was sitting with one of the owners the other day and was vaping. The pre rolled come with tobacco so not sure about the no smoking sign. There is a pool table upstairs which is a nice place to enjoy a few games and a toke. One or two staff members will remain upstairs with you and take your beer orders and rack the balls.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Sorry, not illegal; just undesirable. Look around you....who else is doing it?

Many everynight. Mostly Thais with their big leo bottles. Not only walking but sitting in front of 711 on the curb in front of lotus etc. It's super common here in BKK. I'm surprised if you have not seen all the people drinking beer in the open.

11 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I post the news from the Thai government so people don’t think Thailand is a place where cannabis is freely available and you can smoke a joins anywhere you like. A quote from the Health Minister.

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul vowed to promote Thailand as a leading marijuana market for medical purposes and discourage foreign tourists who aimed to visit the country for recreational purposes.

The Minister gave an interview with foreign press on Wednesday, August 17th, that the Ministry expected the marijuana market in Thailand to generate about 1.5 billion USD in early revenue and would grow 2-3 times higher after the first year of the decriminalization.

He also reiterated that Thailand would focus on cannabis and hemp for medical use only and did not currently promote recreational use. Foreign tourists who planned to visit the country just to smoke the plant were, therefore, discouraged.

Yes, they want people who will order a bottle of wine or beer with their meals, not get stinking drunk, start fights and sleep in a gutter.

Same with cannabis. Use sensibly, for your ailments. 

3 hours ago, chrischronic said:

Many everynight. Mostly Thais with their big leo bottles. Not only walking but sitting in front of 711 on the curb in front of lotus etc. It's super common here in BKK. I'm surprised if you have not seen all the people drinking beer in the open.

Now you are changing it to "in the open".

Don't recall seeing anyone walking around with an open beer bottle/can. Sitting quietly drinking with friends, yes. Walking around with beer in hand, no.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Now you are changing it to "in the open".

Don't recall seeing anyone walking around with an open beer bottle/can. Sitting quietly drinking with friends, yes. Walking around with beer in hands 

Ok .... but law says you can. That's all I wanted to know. I see what I see and see people walking with beers everynight. 

Edited by chrischronic

I love those viral ads. Really cleverly!  Create a discussion that can get dozens of comments.
Write your collaboration brand in the thread. Let every comment come back to you as a viral advertisement. Like; Prikpot Alternative  etc..  

There are dozens of coffee shops in Pattaya. You know very well the answer to your question. Your real goal is just viral advertising dude. 

One of the shops I buy from said the first time I bought that you can smoke the joint outside the shop where there are some tables. I didn't but some people I think do. 

I personally would like to have a few puffs when walking between bars I feel like that is probably ok to do but I am not sure. In the last month around lk metro bars and walking street I haven't seen or smelt anyone smoking outside in those areas. 

Anyone do this ?

Currently a bill going through parliament second reading what’s going to legal and illegal so things could change.

Pot smoking tourists not welcome in Thailand according to the Health Minister Anutin yet he was the one who stood on the mandate of legalising it ?

On 8/18/2022 at 4:05 PM, KhunLA said:

Neither upset nor anti, as pointed out, I enjoy a doobie now & then myself, 'at home' or surfside, or where ever.

Go to Patts ... NO THANKS, let alone sit indoors at a beach location, just to smoke a doobie at a premium price.

I was out & about more than a few times today; park, surfside, relaxing on the veranda.  Even made a Makro run.

Don't really need to go out, as lovely view from right here in the AC.

Honey ... get me another beer ... ????

1660813714158.jpg

View of what? Back yard looks like a dump!

If thats your idea of utopia, send me some of the stuff you are puffing! ????