Question about “Pothole” Coffee shop

NO ... not Legal

Hence the problem, they give you a gram, you take a kilo.

Happens with everything here, the abusers ruin for all, 

then the strict enforcement starts, and people wonder why ????

Imm rules a fine example ... som nam na

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

NO ... not Legal

Hence the problem, they give you a gram, you take a kilo.

Happens with everything here, the abusers ruin for all, 

then the strict enforcement starts, and people wonder why ????

Imm rules a fine example ... som nam na

Wrong. It's fine. It's just not allowed to smoke in public. A Cannabis cafe is private property and as long as they have their licence to sell etc...

4 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Wrong. It's fine. It's just not allowed to smoke in public. A Cannabis cafe is private property and as long as they have their licence to sell etc...

Then it better not be 'open to the public', and have 'memberships' to enter.

Using your logic, bars should be open, 24 hr, since 'private property'.????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

What would “create drama” would be a police raid and my subsequent arrest. There is precedent for such raids.

Possibly a 2000 baht fine.  Vendors get 20k fine, I think.

But as already stated ... coffee shops may be offering a bit of 'tea' to hide behind the smoke & mirrors.

https://www.holidify.com/pages/smoking-in-thailand-2597.html#:~:text=Source For smoking in public,around THB 2000 or more.

Edited by KhunLA

6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Possibly a 2000 baht fine.  Vendors get 20k fine, I think.

But as already stated ... coffee shops may be offering a bit of 'tea' to hide behind the smoke & mirrors.

https://www.holidify.com/pages/smoking-in-thailand-2597.html#:~:text=Source For smoking in public,around THB 2000 or more.

I actually had you down as a smart guy. Liked the way you presented your reviews etc

But you have really sunk to new lows with that nonsense.

That is nothing to do with what we are discussing. Public means that there are people who do not want to be affected by your smoke. Your article is clearly discussing tobacco and published possibly years before cannabis legalisation.

Now, there are dedicated places for smoking cannabis. If someone goes inside, they are going inside for one reason and for one reason only. Therefore they are deemed to having consented to inhaling or being affected by second hand smoke and they almost certainly smoke themselves.

It's not like a supermarket that the general public are expected to freely access. Many of which would be forced to smoke if smoking where allowed inside the supermarket. This is a place where people are expected to be smoking; a cannabis cafe.

I don't know where people's intelligence has got to. It's like they have no inherent ability to parse information.

The ridiculous things posted here is evidence of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tall Midget said:

I've never understood why people like you get so upset and anti about something that is doing you absolutely no harm. Go down there and chill out as opposed to sitting on here punching your keyboard day in and day out.

The irony is that he is a smoker of cannabis, but smokes at home and has no knowledge of what he writes at all. Simply just cutting and pasting things he doesn't really understand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bruno123 said:

The irony is that he is a smoker of cannabis, but smokes at home and has no knowledge of what he writes at all. Simply just cutting and pasting things he doesn't really understand. 

wow, surprising to say the least. needs to get out more me thinks.

• Like 1

Posted so people can decide for themselves what 'public' & 'smoking' is, and the law for it.

If they think smoking ganga in a place that serves the public is different than what is in the written law, then UP2them, if wishing to test said law.

What ever you do, don't buy a doobie and go smoke it at the beach ????

11 minutes ago, Tall Midget said:

I've never understood why people like you get so upset and anti about something that is doing you absolutely no harm. Go down there and chill out as opposed to sitting on here punching your keyboard day in and day out.

Neither upset nor anti, as pointed out, I enjoy a doobie now & then myself, 'at home' or surfside, or where ever.

Go to Patts ... NO THANKS, let alone sit indoors at a beach location, just to smoke a doobie at a premium price.

I was out & about more than a few times today; park, surfside, relaxing on the veranda.  Even made a Makro run.

Don't really need to go out, as lovely view from right here in the AC.

Honey ... get me another beer ... ????

1660813714158.jpg

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think I would want to consume pot outside my condo, I'd be too worried about impaired judgment and reflexes. Consume, not smoke.

I am ingesting 25 mg, for arthritic pain. It does alleviate that, but the main effect for me is as a sedative, an hour after eating it I am asleep for 5 or 6 hours. Very relaxing.

I don't know how other people react to pot. It seems to me far less harmful than alcohol, on several counts.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I am ingesting 25 mg, for arthritic pain. It does alleviate that, but the main effect for me is as a sedative, an hour after eating it I am asleep for 5 or 6 hours. Very relaxing.

I don't know how other people react to pot. It seems to me far less harmful than alcohol, on several counts.

With ingesting I'd say so....just better to tip-toe to your correct level first few times...hahaha.

4 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Okay....

Don't get yourself into a tizzy. It's not allowed to smoke in public, creating a nuisance, just like it's not allowing to walk around with a beer bottle in your hand, drinking.

But in a place dedicated to people doing the same thing..... Ever heard of pubs and bars?

The only reason the place would be raided is if they didn't take care of any donations requested.

Please, go to a cafe and relax there if that is what you would like to do. The sensible use is now legal and you can smoke in dedicated places. You won't be disturbing anyone in there as everyone will be doing the same thing, so no one will make a complaint that you are disturbing them.

Contrary to the suggestions of a few, I think most people use it for medical reasons....even if they don't acknowledge it.

There are a few of them around Pattaya now. Don't worry.

Wait, I walk down the street of Bkk with a Leo beer often. Almost daily...... It's illegal?

• Sad 1