Question about “Pothole” Coffee shop

On 8/18/2022 at 5:48 PM, chrischronic said:

Wait, I walk down the street of Bkk with a Leo beer often. Almost daily...... It's illegal?

I’ve done this many times. Totally ignored by police. If it's illegal, then they aren’t putting much effort into enforcement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tall Midget said:

View of what? Back yard looks like a dump!

If thats your idea of utopia, send me some of the stuff you are puffing! ????

Work in progress ... we just moved in.

Actually the view would be past our wall.  Though the open field just got plowed over.  Was jackfruit & pineapples.  Cows & birds now.

Views for folks are going to be;

...neighbors ... don't have any, so fields & coconuts ATM

...surf ... need to walk or scooter over to that, close enough but no AC, so don't hang out there until after 4pm, but it's < 5 kms away.  Or 2pm at Ao Manao

... hills ... need to bit a bit higher, tree line blocks, but less than <10 kms away, and quite nice

Lucky to be sandwiched in between 2 beautiful bays & hills to the west.  

Beats sitting in any bar, cafe, 4 walls without view ... which I believe was implied, I should get out more, to go indoors ????

I'll enjoy my doobies, fly drones, or life, on the veranda looking E, for sunrise or critters, or nice sunset from front porch, facing W.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

On 8/18/2022 at 4:54 PM, Bruno123 said:

I actually had you down as a smart guy. Liked the way you presented your reviews etc

But you have really sunk to new lows with that nonsense.

That is nothing to do with what we are discussing. Public means that there are people who do not want to be affected by your smoke. Your article is clearly discussing tobacco and published possibly years before cannabis legalisation.

Now, there are dedicated places for smoking cannabis. If someone goes inside, they are going inside for one reason and for one reason only. Therefore they are deemed to having consented to inhaling or being affected by second hand smoke and they almost certainly smoke themselves.

It's not like a supermarket that the general public are expected to freely access. Many of which would be forced to smoke if smoking where allowed inside the supermarket. This is a place where people are expected to be smoking; a cannabis cafe.

I don't know where people's intelligence has got to. It's like they have no inherent ability to parse information.

The ridiculous things posted here is evidence of that.

Yeah there is quite a few posters on here starting to go with rabid anti pot stance like it wasn't already available and the fact that some people may want to now enjoy it are going to completely ruin the fabric of Thai society as we know it.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 6:53 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

legalising cannabis with the aim of promoting it for medical and health purposes, and limiting

To me that reads that it's been blanket legalised, and as a result of the legalization the government want to promote its use for medical purposes.

It does not say anywhere (in the passage you quoted) that these are the exclusive uses allowed under law.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JayClay said:

To me that reads that it's been blanket legalised, and as a result of the legalization the government want to promote its use for medical purposes.

It does not say anywhere (in the passage you quoted) that these are the exclusive uses allowed under law.

Aside from the cannabis laws, a bit vague, but, the 'no smoking' laws would be the main issue.  IF enforced, would restrict smoking at the dispensaries, coffee shops, or any vendor serving the public, especially if closed in & AC'd.   That pretty specifically spelled out and would apply, IF enforced.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

I’ve done this many times. Totally ignored by police. If it's illegal, then they aren’t putting much effort into enforcement.

Or anything tbh so why the big kerfuffle over the devils lettuce I wonder?

I haven't changed my smoking habits. At the beach I pick a beach area away from crowds, some hits, couple cold beers. Been doing this for years. I won't be poking the bear to see what I can get away with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The latest guidelines would seem to indicate that ordering weed from an internet source is illegal. No way to determine who it is being sold to.  Comments welcome. It would be nice to have it delivered but I doubt this will pass muster with the authorities.

19 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I haven't changed my smoking habits. At the beach I pick a beach area away from crowds, some hits, couple cold beers. Been doing this for years. I won't be poking the bear to see what I can get away with.

I sip my beer incognito, via Yeti.  1 - I don't want to be that guy & 2 - it's cold, as I use 'ice pack' in a mini zip lock.

Smoking ... common sense, away from prying eyes if in public, and downwind.

It's not rocket science ... just courteous.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nickelbeer said:

The latest guidelines would seem to indicate that ordering weed from an internet source is illegal. No way to determine who it is being sold to.  Comments welcome. It would be nice to have it delivered but I doubt this will pass muster with the authorities.

If 'registered', as many are, then no prob.

Pretty sure the vendor I got Green Crack from was not, so saved his Ph#, since best price. 

Thai Stick purchase from Green Labs, assuming registered, as still on the net & promoted.

On 8/22/2022 at 8:28 AM, Nickelbeer said:

They banned online sales of alcohol a few years ago. So what do we do now? We either call up the very well known supermarket staff or use Line/IM to order it. Same will happen for weed. 

1 hour ago, bkk_bwana said:

They banned online sales of alcohol a few years ago. So what do we do now? We either call up the very well known supermarket staff or use Line/IM to order it. Same will happen for weed. 

It's still legal to advertise and sell weed online.

When the new laws make it through parliament (will be very soon from what I read) then things may change.

I think linking to Bangkok Post is not allowed so link to Google:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=ALiCzsaKVNFyKQeQ3ETtJ0daZ7IPkH22qQ:1661736165412&q=Thailand+cannabis+laws+bill+parliament&spell=1&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjk7uXO8er5AhUT7jgGHfRmBKwQBSgAegQIARA2&biw=1920&bih=881&dpr=1

• Thanks 1