Not putting arrival stamp in passport. Ineptitude or corruption?

Adumbration

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

not only did they miss the stamp in his passport, but they missed it 3 times, and he happens to have a friend who arrived a few weeks back, and they missed his stamp as well, and not only that because he can not count he is late for a 90 day report, but he only arrived a few weeks ago, also tm6's have been done away with, so i think peterfranks is spot om with his post, how many posters on here can honestly post they have had the same thing happen to them, i for one can not.

some people are always looking for trolls but are more often than not trolls themselves,  a few weeks isn't an exact term, relax 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I suspect/hope that Imm doesn't rely only on passport stamps, but also on their database.

Your friend that "is late with 90d because of no passport stamp" (slightly lame excuse) should be able to find out whether they are counting the days from his latest entry or not.

• Like 1

While it hasn't happened to me, I would be concerned if a stamp were missing as, I think, they will certainly get you on the way out and say you overstayed. Immigration don't have an onerous job, checking the passport details, the visa and stamping you in. Immediately checking the passport before leaving the area is the best advice, but don't show anger. 

12 hours ago, Adumbration said:

He is also now late with his 90 day report because couldn't keep track of the date because no arrival stamp.

Hahaha ..., maybe it's better him stop to be drunken everyday if him don't know on which date him came to Thailand.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

some people are always looking for trolls but are more often than not trolls themselves,  a few weeks isn't an exact term, relax 

no, its not an exact number,  but it means a lot less than 13, and bear in mind you have 7 days after the 90 day date.

• Like 1

I always check immediately after leaving the immigration booth, just in case some wrong date has been put there. It's never happened to me, but if it did it'd be much easier to get it fixed there and then than to find out later and have to frig around at some immigration office.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Real Name Hidden said:

This happened to me at Schiphol airport in Amsterdam after a transatlantic flight that arrived early and there wasn’t yet an immigration officer on duty.  The entire plane of travelers just walked in.

If you are a member of the EU (don't have to be happy for that) you'll never get any stamp, in or out.

I had a wrong date stamped once, got corrected at IO the next time I went there. For free I should add.

In this context it's maybe worthwhile to mention that everybody not staying at a hotel including people on a visa coming back with reentry permit are supposed to report their address at IO after arrival in the country since TM6 has been abolished. TM6 took care of this for the first 90 days before. If you're missing an entry stamp I'm sure the IO will fix this at the same time.

Edited by Thalueng
Clarification

3 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

If you are a member of the EU (don't have to be happy for that) you'll never get any stamp, in or out.

To be more precise, if you're carrying a passport from a member state of the Schengen area.

• Thanks 1

First visited Thailand in 1960, worked here from 1983 to 1987, retired here in 1993. In over 60 years and countless inward journeys arriving at various entry points, including Swampy of course, this has never ever happened. 

4 minutes ago, slsmith38 said:

Entered Thailand 3 or 4 times a year for close on 40 years and never happened to me. This post makes no sense. Why would immigration not stamp a passport particularly at Swampy?

Believe it or not Immigration do make mistakes, I've had wrong number of days stamped plus screwed up visa i had to correct at MFA

The chance of putting no arrival stamp in a passport is practically nihil, and I don't think any member here has ever had it happen, or know someone to who it happened.

A wrong stamp is something completely different of course, and may happen if the IO doesn't pay full attention.

The chance of no stamp at 3 different entry points, and a fourth time to a close friend, is even less than nihil.

So far there is only 1 poster who thinks the OP is genuine, so it obviously takes a troll to support one.