Uk visa for Thai girlfriend

I am living in Newcastle Upon Tyne uk at the moment and my Thai girlfriend is staying with me on a 6 month visitor visa. I want to extend her visa possibly a settlement visa. Does anyone have any advice or can recommend a local company to deal with this.

I'm pretty sure that you can not extend a visit visa or turn it into a settlement visa, so your girlfriend will have to go back to Thailand before the visa expires. When she returns to Thailand she can apply for settlement, however, for a spouse settlement you will need to get married. I do believe there is a fiance settlement visa which gives you six months to marry in the UK, then you get an extension for a further 2 years (she wont need to leave the UK). Another option would be to marry now and when she returns you can go straight for the spouse visa. Not sure if they still allow marriage on visit visas though. 

On 8/19/2022 at 3:56 PM, brewsterbudgen said:
  • You'll get better responses posting in the correct Forum (Visas and Migration to Foreign Countries.  There is lots of advice already pinned there.  This isn't a Consular issue.

I understand  the importance of correct  forums but I have great difficulty working through  the  menus.

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

How did the OP get his  first visa? Was it difficult? What were the money  requirements?

It's not about just money other than "sufficient funds for the visit". Most importantly is the evidence that the visitor will depart the UK at the end of their visit. I have had 3 girlfriends who got visas to come to visit me in the UK and none of them had any real money. Was able to satisfy the UK Visas people that they would return to Thailand such as a job, family or business.

Edited by soi3eddie