Thai police tell public to stop "three beeps" craze - it's dangerous and you'll be fined 500 baht

webfact

35 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

This was the very rare Thai roadrunner and this one goes Beep Beep Beep....

only found on Doi Inthanon , Northern Thailand. you never seen one  ?????

regards Worgeordie

No, but we do have squirrels that eat meat and not nuts. Does that help?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Orinoco said:

As if you need any more noise in this place.

Curb all the verbal nonsense coming from the pollies and the boys in brown would certainly reduce a lot of useless noise ????

• Like 2

Let us see 1950s until 2011 I was part of US (and the International) Scout movement. Good thing I retired in 2011 from the USA. Still, it might be rather automatic, if meeting a Thai Scout three finger greeting and handshake (the International Scout sign). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

3 fingers?   I've always gotten by just using the middle one!????

There was a film sometime ago with Robert Redford. I think it was called "The Candidate". In it a man is seen showing 3 fingers to Robert Redford who asks his companion what it means, "peace brother and up yours " was the reply.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Well go to Mumbai or New Delhi in India and other countries/cities, where they continuously beep every 10 seconds for no reason at all. The noise is deafening and achieves nothing.  

Actually it is to get the daft pedestrians ambling in the middle of the road to move over. Not seen it here yet?

As to 'go to Mumbai or New Delhi' done that and I will be in my grave first before I do so again!

• Like 1

Riding down a quiet Soi a couple of days ago.

A couple kids gave me the ‘three beeps’ sign.

They were delighted when I complied and beeped at them.....   all good fun and gave me a giggle... 

I really don’t see whats dangerous about it... 

There is nothing ‘anti-government’ about it... its just a craze about kids getting lorries to pap their horns, we used to do the same in the UK on roads trips as kids...

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

Well how about that.

The police getting interested in something that might be dangerous on the roads...

And the MAGIC word "interested". I'm glad you didn't say, "they might actually enforce a few of the current road rules"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, worrab said:

This has to be one of the most daft comments of the year!!! With the amount of beeping that goes on around here, there must be a helluva lot of near accidents!! Continual playing a beeping tune for a kilometre or so at all times of the day and night!!. 555 

Thailand is nothing compared to Vietnam. It’s non stop from every vehicle every 5 seconds

5 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Try telling that to the food delivery drivers, couriers and postmen.

They all sound their horns when delivering to places around here. It saves them from having to dismount.

I hope you signal your ‘dismount' with something more polite than 3 beeps ! ???? 

7 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Everything with three will be forbidden???

Yep, starting with bans on the sale and wearing of replica Chelsea FC shirts in Thailand! ????

image.jpeg.042344dd2b258f16c0bc079b93c177f8.jpeg

Edited by OJAS