Had a senior moment and did a transfer to bangkok bank which should go through monday. It is already sent from bank america in the US so too late to change. I am sending $25,000 US and just forgot about the new rule and realized it just now. Is the over $20,000 rule still in force? Should I go down to the bank and talk to the manager Monday or am I ok to leave it like it is. I need to use the whole 25k and can show a house contract if needed.

thanks for any help

Jimmy

Had a senior moment and did a transfer to bangkok bank which should go through monday. It is already sent from bank america in the US so too late to change. I am sending $25,000 US and just forgot about the new rule and realized it just now. Is the over $20,000 rule still in force? Should I go down to the bank and talk to the manager Monday or am I ok to leave it like it is. I need to use the whole 25k and can show a house contract if needed.

thanks for any help

Jimmy

do that Jimmy. just to be on the safe side. by the way, when are you moving in?

thanks for any help

Jimmy

Based on my experience..I had to show what I wanted the money for before BB HQ would release the money to my local branch. So take your passport and proof of what money is needed for. I took my wife as well..easier...In my case it was a lot more than US$20000. Local bank had to fax copy of car bill of sale to HQ. It still took about four hours before I saw the money in my account.

Go talk with your bank manager.

Give the reason for sending the money in, if he's a bit friendly he'll approve the release of the funds without much fuss. You can normally state living expenses. Takes a couple of hours only!

To keep you up to date.

I went to the bank and talked to the manager and he said he couldn't do anything till my transfer arrived, said to check back tomorrow. I just checked my account online and the total $25,000 went in at 34.48 to 1 $ by itself. I guess they have some leeway with the 20k rule and decided to give it too me.