Trump asks for a 'special master' to review Mar-a-Lago evidence

Scott

Former President Trump is asking a federal court to appoint a special master to review the documents the FBI seized from Mar-a-Lago this month during a court-authorized search.

In a motion filed in federal court in Florida, Trump also is seeking to prevent the government from further reviewing the documents that were taken until a special master is appointed, and he wants the government to provide more details on items that were taken during the search.

The legal action is the first from Trump's attorneys since FBI agents executed a search warrant at Mar-a-Lago two weeks ago.

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/22/1118881661/trump-mar-a-lago-fbi

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0877/5762/products/NPR_Magnet.png?v=1555339152

All this motion is doing is ask for a special master but padding that request out with nothing but official Trump PR with no supporting documentation to back it.  The court will probably grant it but all this does is delay the inevitable. 

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, riclag said:

"The FBI and DOJ have demonstrated a willingness to treat President Trump differently than any other citizen," the motion states, citing the two years of the "noisy" Trump-Russia investigations and more.

Trump’s lawyers demanded a special master to review the records, stressing that a DOJ "filter team" "will not protect President Trump’s rights."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-files-lawsuit-seeking-independent-review-fbi-raid-mar-a-lago

Good read  with lots details.

That last paragraph speaks of the trust many Americans have in

the agencies individuals  that claims  the moto “fidelity, bravery and integrity “.imop

And Trump goes on with his incoherent lies....

"ALL documents have been previously declassified," Trump said. "We are demanding the appointment of a SPECIAL MASTER to oversee the handling of the materials taken in the raid. We are further demanding that the DOJ be forced to turn over a REAL, without ‘plants,’ inventory of my property that was taken and disclose where that property is now located." ????

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, candide said:

And Trump goes on with his incoherent lies....

"ALL documents have been previously declassified," Trump said. "We are demanding the appointment of a SPECIAL MASTER to oversee the handling of the materials taken in the raid. We are further demanding that the DOJ be forced to turn over a REAL, without ‘plants,’ inventory of my property that was taken and disclose where that property is now located." ????

"inventory of my property that was taken..."

His property? :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, candide said:

More fun from the Fox News article

."This Mar-a-Lago Break-In, Search, and Seizure was illegal and unconstitutional, and we are taking all actions necessary to get the documents back, which we would have given to them without the necessity of the despicable raid of my home, so that I can give them to the National Archives until they are required for the future Donald J. Trump Presidential Library and Museum"

Trump library! ????

Of course.  Trump's library would have menu's from around the world and, um,.....other stuff?

Edit:  Come to think of it, only menu's of basic American food.  I don't think he was much of a gourmet.

Edited by heybruce