Trump asks for a 'special master' to review Mar-a-Lago evidence

Scott

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The conservative ideology that is MAGA has existed for decades. It was called the Tea Party at one time. Same characters and plot, different name.

MAGA has absolutely NOTHING to do with traditional conservative ideology.

Easy question for you:

Does 45 = Mitch?

MAGA is ideolatry and authoritarian. Traditional conservative values are not 

2 minutes ago, mikebike said:

MAGA has absolutely NOTHING to do with traditional conservative ideology.

Easy question for you:

Does 45 = Mitch?

MAGA is ideolatry and authoritarian. Traditional conservative values are not 

Who said anything about traditional conservatives? MAGA are not they and nor is the Federalist Society. They are all extremists.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Who said anything about traditional conservatives? MAGA are not they and nor is the Federalist Society. They are all extremists.

100% wrong. FS is the foundation the traditional conservatives have built for the last 3 decades. FS is squarely in the very middle of US conservatism.

24 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Traditional, huh?

“Massive corporations are pursuing a common and mutually agreed upon agenda to destroy American freedom,” attorney Ashley Keller told a gathering of the most powerful legal organization in America last Saturday.

This conspiracy, Keller claimed, includes companies as varied as Facebook, Google, Amazon, Coca-Cola, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan, Twitter, and Walmart, all of which have joined forces with “the swelling ranks of so-called ‘woke’ people, who are completely and unabashedly opposed to individual rights.”

https://www.vox.com/2021/11/18/22783108/federalist-society-capitalism-woke-corporations-milton-friedman-supreme-court-judiciary-judges

The dark money group at the center of the conservative movement’s effort to remake the judiciary and overturn Roe is the Federalist Society, led by Leonard Leo. Its two biggest funders – that we know – are the Donors Trust and Donors Capital Fund, which have chipped in more than $35 million over the past few years to the Federalist Society. These two entities keep their donors secret, so ultimately we have no way of knowing who gave tens of millions of dollars to the Federalist Society to influence our courts.

Connected to the Federalist Society is another dark money group, the Judicial Crisis Network, which spent $22 million to boost the nominations of Justice Neil Gorsuch and Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/opinion/2021/10/22/opinion-flood-dark-money-remake-judiciary-attacks-womens-basic-freedom/8449401002/

Ok... I don't get this post. Sounds like it agrees with me.

FS founded under Reagan. Reinforced under both Bush. Beared fruit under 45.

Virtually EVERY conservative lawyer since 1986 is a FS member (or their careers will go nowhere? FS WAS the ONLY ideology required for traditional conservatives for decades prior to MAGA.

Why the heck are you trying to tie basic conservative Republicans to a movement started in 2016? MAGA is a  movement without any focus other than dear leader...

Edited by mikebike
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The Federalist Society is a militant arm of the Catholic Church and dark money seeking to impose an authoritarian Catholic led theocracy on the US through control of the Supreme Court, a goal they have largely achieved.

I need a reference to that dreck.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Ok... I don't get this post. Sounds like it agrees with me.

FS founded under Reagan. Reinforced under both Bush. Beared fruit under 45.

Virtually EVERY conservative lawyer since 1986 is a FS member (or their careers will go noleader? FS WAS the ONLY ideology required for traditional conservatives for decades prior to MAGA.

Why the heck are you trying to tie basic conservative Republicans to a movement started in 2016? MAGA is a  movement without any focus other than dear leader...

I disagree. MAGA was an aspiration that has existed in the US since the end of the civil war and Trump just gave voice to it. It's not about him.

In fact the term MAGA wasn't coined by Trump.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I disagree. MAGA was an aspiration that has existed in the US since the end of the civil war and Trump just gave voice to it. It's not about him.

MAGA = 45 = dear leader authoritarianism.

ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with tradition conservatism.

Just now, mikebike said:

I need a reference to that dreck.

University of Denver political science professor Joshua Wilson and POLITICO’s Scott Bland dig into the conservative Catholic legal movement and one group at the center of it all: the Federalist Society.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/02/6-catholics-1-court-scotus-and-the-rise-of-the-federalist-society-424778

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

University of Denver political science professor Joshua Wilson and POLITICO’s Scott Bland dig into the conservative Catholic legal movement and one group at the center of it all: the Federalist Society.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/02/6-catholics-1-court-scotus-and-the-rise-of-the-federalist-society-424778

Yep. That article just confirms what I have said. 

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The Federalist Society is a militant arm of the Catholic Church and dark money seeking to impose an authoritarian Catholic led theocracy on the US through control of the Supreme Court, a goal they have largely achieved.

Got any more conspiracy theories? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Do you know what a Venn diagram is? Do you think an informal name like the Tea Party doesn't include MAGA afficionados.

I know ven diagrams model overlap in concepts. I also know that ven diagrams DO NOT detail timelines.

1 minute ago, mikebike said:

Yes? Your point?

One man's outsized role in shaping the Supreme Court and overturning Roe

Most Americans support abortion rights, but a dedicated minority of conservative activists has been working for decades to dismantle Roe v. Wade, and one man in particular has played an outsized role in that effort: Leonard Leo.

Leo leads the conservative legal organization the Federalist Society, through which he has spent the majority of his adult life getting conservatives appointed to the most powerful courts in this country, including the Supreme Court.

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/30/1108351562/roe-abortion-supreme-court-scotus-law

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mikebike said:

MAGA = 45 = dear leader authoritarianism.

ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with tradition conservatism.

Perhaps now is the right time for ‘Traditional Conservatism’ to show up and do its bit to defeat ‘MAGA, 45 and Dear Leader Authoritarianism’.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mikebike said:

100% wrong. FS is the foundation the traditional conservatives have built for the last 3 decades. FS is squarely in the very middle of US conservatism.

Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) has documented how major Republican donors have funnelled millions of dollars of “dark money” into the Federalist Society each year to push what he calls “an anti-regulation, anti-union, and anti-environment agenda”. Thus, for all its power and influence, the Federalist Society is in many ways simply a tool through which to implement a series of right-wing agendas.

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2022/6/29/the-federalist-society-architects-of-the-american-dystopia

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ozimoron said:

An anonymous source at the DOJ? Got anything better or is that enough to satisfy you? And from a parochial newspaper with a reach of 100K.

All I see here is you congratulating yourself for being skeptical. Meanwhile, you've shown nothing that disproves either my claim, or theirs.

You asked for a link; I gave you one.

I assume that if I post a photo of an empty shelf with no Donald Trump passports on it, but with a DOJ business card belonging to a person of sufficiently high rank.......... THAT will satisfy you?

Pffft!

* I made a claim; you questioned it.

* You asked for a link; I provided one.

* I backed up what I said by proving there was a reason for me saying what I said.

Pffft! Enough!

13 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

All I see here is you congratulating yourself for being skeptical. Meanwhile, you've shown nothing that disproves either my claim, or theirs.

You asked for a link; I gave you one.

I assume that if I post a photo of an empty shelf with no Donald Trump passports on it, but with a DOJ business card belonging to a person of sufficiently high rank.......... THAT will satisfy you?

Pffft!

* I made a claim; you questioned it.

* You asked for a link; I provided one.

* I backed up what I said by proving there was a reason for me saying what I said.

Pffft! Enough!

I don't have to disprove your claim, the onus is on you to prove it. Refusal to do so is breaking forum rules. Try to keep up, please.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, simple1 said:

Thus, for all its power and influence, the Federalist Society is in many ways simply a tool through which to implement a series of right-wing agendas.

The same could be said for DT himself: he put the Federalist Society picks on the Supreme Court and facilitated overturning Roe v Wade,  That in itself warrants a blind eye to the scandals, thievery, obscenity etc.  that is the world in which he lives.  Before 2015 he probably had never even heard of the FS.

Lets see how these fine, upstanding christians handle it should treasonous behavior against the country he was president of comes to light; my guess is they will write it off as senility or adverse reaction to some medication.

Waiting to hear the FS take a position on the christian nationalist movement, and to see how American christians feel about Catholics being part of it.

6 hours ago, bendejo said:

The same could be said for DT himself: he put the Federalist Society picks on the Supreme Court and facilitated overturning Roe v Wade,  That in itself warrants a blind eye to the scandals, thievery, obscenity etc.  that is the world in which he lives.  Before 2015 he probably had never even heard of the FS.

Lets see how these fine, upstanding christians handle it should treasonous behavior against the country he was president of comes to light; my guess is they will write it off as senility or adverse reaction to some medication.

Waiting to hear the FS take a position on the christian nationalist movement, and to see how American christians feel about Catholics being part of it.

IMO practicing the Christian faith and delaring nationalsim are contradictions. It appears to me, Cristianity, at the very least the evangelical movement in the USA, has been throughly corrupted by politics.

So long as Catholic Canon Law is permitted as a parrallel legal system in Western democracies, IMO should not be provided with charity / religious order status, must solely abide to Common Law.

• Like 2