Flying into Bangkok - should I stay a couple of days or fly straight into Phuket?

calbear09

6 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

party don't start until around that time. it was hell for my first few days in Paattaya back in December when what free bars that were serving alcohol had to shut early. lucky someone introduced me to speakeasy then it was 5AM finishes ????

I am a night owl. I haven't been to sleep before  the early  hours for decades

I usually  leave my house about 10 30 pm . I'm 68.

Chang Mai is full of the worst dull farang  and tourist. Even at a wine fair stall  the police would not let use drink.its the worst  overated city in Thailand- 100% tourist zone  and sad Thai opresses by police and army. Hanoi is more fun but even more woke  backpackers

22 hours ago, calbear09 said:

Agree on Phuket but the trick is to stay in Phuket Town! I always stay at Fulfill Hostel (they offer private rooms!!). You can take the bus to different parts of the island and plenty of things within walking distance. I pretty much only eat, drink, and relax at the places the locals do.

Yeah Phuket  town is sweet

On 8/23/2022 at 3:39 PM, Jerno said:

Can't make up you own mind?  Need strangers to plan your trip for you?  What are you, 10?  Sheesh.

Nope. I didn't really enjoy my Bangkok experience the first two times (stayed near Terminal 21) but wanted suggestions on other areas to stay in (the city is massive of course). I got some great suggestions here from from those who know the area a bit better so glad I posted ????

Edited by calbear09

On 8/26/2022 at 12:13 AM, calbear09 said:

Nope. I didn't really enjoy my Bangkok experience the first two times (stayed near Terminal 21) but wanted suggestions on other areas to stay in (the city is massive of course). I got some great suggestions here from from those who know the area a bit better so glad I posted ????

Bangkok  has three centres - silom/surawong and lower Sukhumvit  and banglampoo/ old town

On 8/24/2022 at 12:22 PM, Burma Bill said:

With respect, may I suggest continuing to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai or Khon Kaen. The budget airline Thai VietJet offers inexpensive tickets from BKK to these resorts. Personally, I found Bangkok a busy, polluted "concrete jungle" and Phuket an expensive "rip off" resort. 

Chiang mai has PPM of 500 -600

Bangkoks PPM 99 to 140

Get your facts right

• Thanks 1