Chinese couple arrested for posting heroin to Australia - condos/gold worth nearly 10MB seized

webfact

6 hours ago, bradiston said:

I suggest reading the news mate. I'm not going to waste my time pointing you in the right direction. It's all been reported in the national press, and here on various forums. And don't make inaccurate and potentially libelous casual enquiries about my links to these cases. I don't have any. But I do have a lot of empathy. Same for a wounded animal, or one caught in a trap. I'm not delusional. And you should know, the word "substance" can have several meanings. If you're suggesting I am taking some form of "substance", the same applies as above.

I recognise, I think, your attempts at humour. Schadenfreude? Is other people's misfortune all just a huge joke to you?

You are not going to waste your time. Still you did, and mine too. So, when the shoe frits your wat of looking at it, then news and media suddenly tells the true story. Especially in forums, just like this one, you certainly get the right view on things. If I were you, I would try to be a little bit more critical of the sources of information.

Potentially what? You sounded like you have all the facts, when you in reality have none at all. Then I guess you have to take comments on that. So you have empathy for someone who had a relation with a drug dealer, without knowing anything of that. You really think that sounds reliable? It´s no animal we are talking about. It´s someone who signed for a delivery of drugs.

Regarding substance, I meant that you have no facts whatsoever in your assumptions. No, other peoples misfortune by accident is not a huge joke to me. But, signing for drugs not knowing that your boyfriend is a drug dealer is a big joke to me. At best, it´s just blindness and poor research from her, not seing the signs. And, that´s even worse. That´s stupid!

So, at the end, it just seems that you recognized nothing, right?

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

You are not going to waste your time. Still you did, and mine too. So, when the shoe frits your wat of looking at it, then news and media suddenly tells the true story. Especially in forums, just like this one, you certainly get the right view on things. If I were you, I would try to be a little bit more critical of the sources of information.

Potentially what? You sounded like you have all the facts, when you in reality have none at all. Then I guess you have to take comments on that. So you have empathy for someone who had a relation with a drug dealer, without knowing anything of that. You really think that sounds reliable? It´s no animal we are talking about. It´s someone who signed for a delivery of drugs.

Regarding substance, I meant that you have no facts whatsoever in your assumptions. No, other peoples misfortune by accident is not a huge joke to me. But, signing for drugs not knowing that your boyfriend is a drug dealer is a big joke to me. At best, it´s just blindness and poor research from her, not seing the signs. And, that´s even worse. That´s stupid!

So, at the end, it just seems that you recognized nothing, right?

I referred only to what was widely reported, ie the sentencing of the SA girl, and the couple busted for attempting to send over 4 kg of heroin to Australia. Not on their guilt. Not on the details of any court hearings, apart from raising questions on the due process.

Empathy is simply the ability to put yourself in someone else's shoes. For all your high moral tone and supposed intellectual superiority, you forget, people make mistakes, they make bad choices and they suffer the consequences, sometimes til the day they die. I don't think that's a laughing matter. But you seem to rate stupidity as completely unforgivable. But it only hurt her. What about her boyfriend? Obviously not stupid, but the damage done is immeasurable.

I don't understand the use of "recognize" in your last paragraph. My guess it means "understood". No, you're right. I'll never understand people who think they're so smart they'll never trip up, and laugh at people who do.

On 8/26/2022 at 10:53 AM, bradiston said:

I don't understand the use of "recognize" in your last paragraph. My guess it means "understood". No, you're right. I'll never understand people who think they're so smart they'll never trip up, and laugh at people who do.

It was you, using the word in your post, so I thought you know what it meant. Sorry for that. So, it was also a notice of that you did not recognize what you try to say you do. Who think they are so smart, they will never trip up? I do not laugh at that. I laugh at people who try to and help others to smuggle drugs and get caught.