Narathiwat’s Security Base Attacked

snoop1130

1661335258_641515-tnamcot-768x287.jpg

NARATHIWAT, Aug 24 (TNA) – A policeman was injured when militants attacked their ad hoc base assigned to guard Cho-airong railway station. 

The base was attacked at 7.10pm on Aug 23. Shrapnel hit the abdomen of Pol L/C Akapol Buachan. 

Officials said attackers threw three pipe bombs at the base and one of them did not explode.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1004265

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-08-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

48 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed. IMO hand the relevant Muslim dominated Southern Provinces back to their rightful owner - Malaysia!

No country should own the Southern Border Provinces. They don't belong in Thailand, nor in Malaysia. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed. IMO hand the relevant Muslim dominated Southern Provinces back to their rightful owner - Malaysia!

What about Texas being given back to Mexico etc ?

Edited by proton
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

No country should own the Southern Border Provinces. They don't belong in Thailand, nor in Malaysia. 

Says who? just a few muslim terrorists. OK have a referendum in Thailand over keeping them or giving them up. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, George Aylesham said:

Have a referendum but only in the three provinces. (Clear parallels with the Northern Ireland situation?)

So if they voted to go it alone why not repatriate all Thai muslims from that area back home?

2 hours ago, proton said:

Says who? just a few muslim terrorists. OK have a referendum in Thailand over keeping them or giving them up. 

Better yet: come to a political solution.

Both parties need to reconcile their differences and conduct talks in good faith and with an open mind. Where there's a will, there's a way. It's all up to Allah (God) to find that solution, so that every man and woman and child will find the peace in their heart to live a joyful, fruitful life away from violence and distrust.

I live in Narathiwat City and I see the daily struggles of the local people, whether they are Melayu, Thai or Arabs or other foreigners.

Here's hoping for a better future.

Edited by MarcelV
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

WHY ... they are part of Thailand, agreed to by Malaysia

https://treaties.un.org/doc/Publication/UNTS/Volume 1291/volume-1291-I-21271-English.pdf

By a bunch of British colonials and drunk Thai, who were glad to get colonialial influence over and done with, and over the backs of the Patani Melayu people, who had no say in the matter.

I can understand why people are p***ed and why they reject Thai-ification. The methods may be unjust, but the cause is real and legit.

Edited by MarcelV

11 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

By a bunch of British colonials and drunk Thai, who were glad to get colonialial influence over and done with, and over the backs of the Patani Melayu people, who had no say in the matter.

I can understand why people are p***ed and why they reject Thai-ification. The methods may be unjust, but the cause is real and legit.

What about the real natives - the Mon people? Both the Melayu and the Tai are not natives in that region, read this article below 

https://eastasiaorigin.blogspot.com/2022/03/ethnic-origin-of-malay.html

6 minutes ago, EricTh said:

What about the real natives - the Mon people? Both the Melayu and the Tai are not natives in that region, read this article below 

https://eastasiaorigin.blogspot.com/2022/03/ethnic-origin-of-malay.html

Gets a bit silly doesn't it.  Guess all the Euro scum should leave the Americas, Africa and Middle East, as they weren't native either.

The southern terrorist in TH, are murdering scum, and will kill anyone.  Preferably educated, sound familiar, Buddhist, Muzzies, civilians ... they don't care.

Terrorism is big business, nothing else.  And that's for both sides.  Money to be made and a great distraction.

It's all history, UN/govts have agreed and drawn the boundaries.  Join the 21st Century.

My great great great great great great great great great great grandpappy shat on that piece of dirt over there, all that property is mine .... PLEASE

15 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Gets a bit silly doesn't it.  Guess all the Euro scum should leave the Americas, Africa and Middle East, as they weren't native either.

The southern terrorist in TH, are murdering scum, and will kill anyone.  Preferably educated, sound familiar, Buddhist, Muzzies, civilians ... they don't care.

Terrorism is big business, nothing else.  And that's for both sides.  Money to be made and a great distraction.

It's all history, UN/govts have agreed and drawn the boundaries.  Join the 21st Century.

My great great great great great great great great great great grandpappy shat on that piece of dirt over there, all that property is mine .... PLEASE

Usually without the please... 

• Like 1