Driver surrenders to police and is fined 5,000 baht by court after nearly killing "Whitey" at NE Big C

webfact

5 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

meanwhile the "owner" of the dog is  nowhere to be seen for his/her/its irresponsible  beahviour.....next time maybe the dog  will  knock some kid off their bike and kill them.......too many of these dogs in the road, its  plain ridiculous and negligent

Knock some kid of it's bike by sleeping next to a 'sleeping policeman'? You are really searching deep to find justification for your unnatural hatred.

Plainly ridiculous indeed. Just an old dog that anyone can see and avoid.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

bs, BIG C  should  also  have responsibilty in this allowing the dog to sit  out there, same outside  7-11s  tripping over the  things

You're passing the buck. Suggesting Big C should cough up the doe. It doesn't excuse the driver deliberately running over the dog. It's not uncommon here. Puns intended.????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

His animal loving girlfriend had been unable to sleep or have food for days and when he had seen the news he had contemplated suicide. 

I guess " contemplating Suicide " is the new remorse statement in Thailand now after it was used by Sai B , the owner of the infamous Mountain B fire in Sattahip

31 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The issue is multifaceted: 

- The driver should have been more careful.

- Big C should not allow animals on its premises. 

- Dogs should never be free to roam the streets (dogs should be owned and restrained or removed). 

All 3 are true if you ask me, so let's use the 5K fine money to let those dogs get a final injection too. Nobody is taking them in anyway, else they would not be roaming around the big c, 7/11 and more. 

Anyone objects? Fine, then you take it in too.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Knock some kid of it's bike by sleeping next to a 'sleeping policeman'? You are really searching deep to find justification for your unnatural hatred.

Plainly ridiculous indeed. Just an old dog that anyone can see and avoid.

Theres  only one  thing ridiculous in your  post.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gandtee said:

You're passing the buck. Suggesting Big C should cough up the doe. It doesn't excuse the driver deliberately running over the dog. It's not uncommon here. Puns intended.????

couldnt care  less, and keep  your deers  out of this, this is a dog  story

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

If this dog was so well known by the Big C employees, they should have made arrangements for the dog to rest and sun bathe in a safer location. Instead they allow the dog to be an annoyance to their customers and put the dog and others in harm's way. The same thing happens at the front door of every 7/11 store. Customers have to walk around these feral dogs and risk either being bitten or falling on slippery tiles and other obstacles outside the front door, and the employees do absolutely nothing about it. It's disgusting!

What a life you lead ????

1 hour ago, TigerandDog said:

If you sound your horn and the dog doesn't move, run the bloody thing over. It shouldn't be there in the first place. When I was young I had an uncle that swerved to avoid a dog on the road and he accidently ran into a lady pushing a stroller with her young baby in it. Since then if they don't move after I've blasted the horn, bad luck dog.

Maybe you should change your name to TigerandnoDog.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Dellboy218 said:

And what of the dog owners?  How many of them leave their dogs to wander in the road to cause accidents. One of the biggest dangers to life and limb on Thai roads to motorcyclists is dogs.   

Yes i agree  too many dogs let loose. but  second biggest danger to life  & limb  must be   99% of Thai drivers