Landromat in Pattaya in the soi Pothole area ?

Baron Samedi

5 hours ago, Kenchamp said:

Must have been using turbo machines to have run a washing and drying cycle in 40 minutes

Laundry near action street has very expensive industrial style machines. Wash cycle is 25 minutes, drying 20 minutes. I take my washing out of dryer at 10-15 minutes as clothes well dry by then

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Compete in what way? Cost?

Surely it is a waste of your time. 

Depends on what you'd consider a productive use of time. Would the usual sitting and drinking in a bar be superior to Angry Birds? Not really. Video games have been associated in seniors with less risk of Alzheimer's, enhanced cognitive ability, better emotional well-being, and improved balance--besides just being fun, though the word fun has a very narrow and particular definition on the Forum.

'Course, Angry Birds may not be optimal for the purpose????, but it does after all have puzzles to solve.

Getting away from distractions, alone, can be helpful. Funny, but at the laundromat--since I'm there anyway--I've been able to read things I'd been wanting to read but postponing, and similarly with listening to some obscure music.

One of the sillier pretensions on the forum is that of having nothing and doing nothing other than what's absolutely necessary: eating, sleeping, drinking, bonking, and defecating. Often used to justify not getting a pink card.???? In fact, I've never seen so many time-wasters as in Pattaya, but not in laundromats.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm guessing you live in America not Thailand? retiree's in Thailand certainly have time, it's not always just about money which you guys always focus on, those Otteri machines cost 250k each, those turd machines in laundry's are usually 5k they just don't wash properly in my experience

Don't wash properly is a point, and more. 

Back in the good ol’ days when the great Golden Egg Layers ensured the prosperity of the Thai economy, laundromats were extremely hard to find. I only used the laundries.

Now what’s notable is how much better shape my clothes stayed in after I started using laundromats.

Case in point: I’ve two pairs of carefully chosen, quality jeans from the States. Same brand, same model. One was washed, dried, and ironed in Thai laundries exclusively; the other, younger pair, only in a laundromat w/ no ironing. They’ve now been washed about the same number of times, because I stopped wearing the first pair.

The first pair now looks ancient and beaten to death. Fibers obviously broken down, color faded out, big white patches on the thighs from the ironing to get that coveted crease.

But the second pair still looks almost new. Seriously. In general, the laundromat treats my “wardrobe” much, much better than the laundries; that’s a good thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

Don't wash properly is a point, and more. 

Back in the good ol’ days when the great Golden Egg Layers ensured the prosperity of the Thai economy, laundromats were extremely hard to find. I only used the laundries.

Now what’s notable is how much better shape my clothes stayed in after I started using laundromats.

Case in point: I’ve two pairs of carefully chosen, quality jeans from the States. Same brand, same model. One was washed, dried, and ironed in Thai laundries exclusively; the other, younger pair, only in a laundromat w/ no ironing. They’ve now been washed about the same number of times, because I stopped wearing the first pair.

The first pair now looks ancient and beaten to death. Fibers obviously broken down, color faded out, big white patches on the thighs from the ironing to get that coveted crease.

But the second pair still looks almost new. Seriously. In general, the laundromat treats my “wardrobe” much, much better than the laundries; that’s a good thing.

Interesting you say that as there is a Jomtien laundromat with top loaders that considers Otteri quality front loaders as evil as they actually wash the clothes properly vs top loaders which don't damage clothes at all because they just swirl clothes round a bit, as you say maybe the damage is caused by ironing

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Interesting you say that as there is a Jomtien laundromat with top loaders that considers Otteri quality front loaders as evil as they actually wash the clothes properly vs top loaders which don't damage clothes at all because they just swirl clothes round a bit, as you say maybe the damage is caused by ironing

Just a guess, but perhaps a lot of the general fading may have been caused by sunlight when the clothes were dried outside on a clothesline. Supposedly if ironing is "done right" it isn't damaging. Yet I suspect a local Thai laundry familiar with all the nuances. And the mobile and TV could be distracting . . . .

17 minutes ago, gppower said:

Are any of those mentioned laundromats offering machines that wash at a temperature? Say, 40, 50 degrees?

My gym gear doesn't come clean when I wash it at no temperature in those top loaders I have tried .... 

Yep they have cold, warm and hot. I think warm is 60

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gppower said:

Are any of those mentioned laundromats offering machines that wash at a temperature? Say, 40, 50 degrees?

My gym gear doesn't come clean when I wash it at no temperature in those top loaders I have tried .... 

Machines at Otteri offer cold/warm/hot programs for both washing machines and dryers. I go for hot on both. No problem.

• Thanks 1