How long does the London Embassy take to issue SETV?

If it's four working days then you might be okay - i would be quite confident based on my own turnaround for a non-imm earlier in the year, if it's four days inc weekend e.g.. you submit friday morning and expect before end of day monday then I would be planning on a last minute flight change..  FYI for timeline submitted Thursday got late Monday for me but this was non-imm 3month - not sure if it matters or not.

Is your 4 day window due to leaving Thailand and having to submit passport pages of thai related travel? If so couldn't you just join the exit stamp to a pdf whilst waiting at your flight gate

Edited by mnomad

27 minutes ago, mnomad said:

If it's four working days then you might be okay - i would be quite confident based on my own turnaround for a non-imm earlier in the year, if it's four days inc weekend e.g.. you submit friday morning and expect before end of day monday then I would be planning on a last minute flight change..  FYI for timeline submitted Thursday got late Monday for me but this was non-imm 3month - not sure if it matters or not.

Is your 4 day window due to leaving Thailand and having to submit passport pages of thai related travel? If so couldn't you just join the exit stamp to a pdf whilst waiting at your flight gate

Thanks, It's four working days (submitting this weekend and hoping to travel next weekend - Monday is a UK bank holiday).

Nothing to do with leaving Thailand as I've been in the UK for months.

47 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Thanks, It's four working days (submitting this weekend and hoping to travel next weekend - Monday is a UK bank holiday).

Nothing to do with leaving Thailand as I've been in the UK for months.

If you've got all your documents scanned and ready whack your application in quick, it's only 16:00 on a Friday in the UK. You <should> be OK, I put my application in online on a Friday afternoon and got eVisa @ 18:00 on the following Tuesday, so only two full working days. However....... submitted the little womans application on the Saturday morning and finally arrived @ 05:20 on the Friday so 4 working days. Hers might have been delayed as she's Thai by birth, naturalised British.

Andrew

44 minutes ago, RetroGTAndrew said:

If you've got all your documents scanned and ready whack your application in quick, it's only 16:00 on a Friday in the UK. You <should> be OK, I put my application in online on a Friday afternoon and got eVisa @ 18:00 on the following Tuesday, so only two full working days. However....... submitted the little womans application on the Saturday morning and finally arrived @ 05:20 on the Friday so 4 working days. Hers might have been delayed as she's Thai by birth, naturalised British.

Andrew

It's now 1650 on the Friday before a bank holiday weekend so I doubt whacking it in quick will have any effect. Anyway, I haven't booked my air ticket yet. Not everyone likes booking everything weeks in advance. You'd have thought as they're trying to attract tourists they would make things a bit easier.

Anyway, thanks. As I'm British and in Britain now I think I should get my visa within four working days.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Like 1

My most recent application was submitted on Monday 8th August and visa received at 8.30pm on Saturday 13th August. I think that the time it was received concurs with the earlier comment that the visas are not manually processed in the UK.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

It's now 1650 on the Friday before a bank holiday weekend so I doubt whacking it in quick will have any effect. Anyway, I haven't booked my air ticket yet. Not everyone likes booking everything weeks in advance. You'd have thought as they're trying to attract tourists they would make things a bit easier.

Anyway, thanks. As I'm British and in Britain now I think I should get my visa within four working days.

You mention that you haven't yet booked your air ticket. I did have to submit evidence of my booked flight to obtain the visa.

16 hours ago, RetroGTAndrew said:

@edwardandtubs I'd bang your application in anyway, I'm not convinced that the eVisas are processed in the UK, as the eMail with my other halfs eVisa was sent @ 05:20. The eVisa website is a .gov.th run by the ministry of foreign affairs and Monday is a normal working day here.

Andrew

The E-visa platform is global but applications are processed by the local embassy. I had a query on my application and the request for further documentation came from the mfa.go.th address but I had to send the document to <[email protected]>.

The same address confirmed receipt of the document.

Dear Sir/ Madam, 

Received with thanks. 

Please check your online status and allow 3 working days for your visa application to be processed

Kind Regards,

Visa Team 

Royal Thai Embassy 

29 - 30 Queen's Gate 

SW7 5JB

• Like 1

The worrying thing is they want you to upload a bunch of personal and financial documents but we have no idea where they're being processed. Thai government websites frequently get hacked so it's likely all our scanned documents will be sold on the dark web.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

The system says my visa has been delivered by email but in fact I haven't received any emails at all from them. I've checked my email address on their system and I've also checked my spam folder but there's defintely nothing there. So what do I do now?

That was quick! Have you checked your spam / junk mailbox? Some providers like btinternet filter emails before your email app sees them. You should perhaps use a web browser and check your emails online instead of with an app.

Andrew

34 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

The system says my visa has been delivered by email but in fact I haven't received any emails at all from them. I've checked my email address on their system and I've also checked my spam folder but there's defintely nothing there. So what do I do now?

You can download it from the evisa application