ME Non Imm O Accompanying Spouse from HCMC - Certified Documents

Good Evening all,

I'm planning to head over to HCMC to obtain a multi-entry non Imm O visa based upon accompanying a spouse in a couple of weeks time.  I've just checked the embassy website here Non-Immigrant O – Accompanying Thai spouse and family members - Royal Thai Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City (thaiembassy.org), and it states I need 'certified copies' of my wife's ID card and tabien baan.  I last did this trip about 3 years ago, and don't recall having to take certified copies of these documents.  I'm sure I just used standard photocopies.  Does anyone know if this has changed recently and if so what do they mean by certified ?  Is this something a lawyer would do, or something my wife can get from the local Amphur ?

Many thanks in advance... 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Melpomene said:

So I've just collected the multi entry visa. 

On the whole the process was really smooth. 

• Booking an appointment via their website was super easy.  Although when I booked there was about a 2-3 week lead time for the next available appointment, so you need to allow plenty of time for this. 
  • Having a pre-booked appointment is much better as there was no queue whatsoever when it came to dropping off my application form and documents. 
  • The security guard lets you in and you sign into the arrivals book.  A couple of minutes later they call you into the office to hand over your documents and pay for the visa.
  • The only difference I noticed from doing this pre covid was the consular staff spent ages studying my bank statement.  The guidance on their site is quite vague around having adequate funds, so I always take a bank statement just in case.  There was about £45k in the account and he stared at it for a long time and asked what currency this was in.  Whether or not this means they're now checking funds a bit more thoroughly or just that I'd given him a document he didn't really need, I'm not so sure.  However, it's certainly worth having some proof of funds with you just in case it's needed.
  • I was in and out in about 10 minutes.
  • Passport is ready for collection the following working day from 1.30 to 3pm.  They give you a receipt when you drop off the documents which you need to show to collect the passport.   

Good report.

Can you post link with the application form you used and to make an appointment. A list of all documents you submitted if you have time, would be very useful.

Thanks.

10 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Can you post link with the application form you used and to make an appointment. A list of all documents you submitted if you have time, would be very useful.

Click click on here for the appointment page. https://hochiminh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/appointment-visa-legalization-services?page=5d80ab3315e39c2fe800a791&menu=5d80ab3215e39c2fe800a722

List of what they require is here: https://hochiminh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/non-immigrant-o-accompanying-thai-spouse-and-family-members?page=5d80ab3315e39c2fe800a791&menu=5d80ab3215e39c2fe800a722

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yep - these are the links I followed.

The documents I submitted were :

1. Application form + 2 photos (their website says 1 photo, but the application form says 2.  I attached 2 just to be safe)
  2. $200 visa fee
  3. My passport
  4. Signed copy of wife's ID card
  5. Signed copy of wife's tabien baan
  6. Signed invitation letter from my wife
  7. Copy of our marriage certificate
  8. UK bank statement
  9. Copy of my C-19 vaccination record
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Melpomene said:

Yep - these are the links I followed.

The documents I submitted were :

1. Application form + 2 photos (their website says 1 photo, but the application form says 2.  I attached 2 just to be safe)
  2. $200 visa fee
  3. My passport
  4. Signed copy of wife's ID card
  5. Signed copy of wife's tabien baan
  6. Signed invitation letter from my wife
  7. Copy of our marriage certificate
  8. UK bank statement
  9. Copy of my C-19 vaccination record

Thank you:

7. Did you have to get the document that's proof of marraige KR2?

8. I plan on using a Thai bank account, how many months statements are required?

Thanks.

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2022 at 4:09 PM, Melpomene said:

So I've just collected the multi entry visa. 

On the whole the process was really smooth. 

• Booking an appointment via their website was super easy.  Although when I booked there was about a 2-3 week lead time for the next available appointment, so you need to allow plenty of time for this. 
  • Having a pre-booked appointment is much better as there was no queue whatsoever when it came to dropping off my application form and documents. 
  • The security guard lets you in and you sign into the arrivals book.  A couple of minutes later they call you into the office to hand over your documents and pay for the visa.
  • The only difference I noticed from doing this pre covid was the consular staff spent ages studying my bank statement.  The guidance on their site is quite vague around having adequate funds, so I always take a bank statement just in case.  There was about £45k in the account and he stared at it for a long time and asked what currency this was in.  Whether or not this means they're now checking funds a bit more thoroughly or just that I'd given him a document he didn't really need, I'm not so sure.  However, it's certainly worth having some proof of funds with you just in case it's needed.
  • I was in and out in about 10 minutes.
  • Passport is ready for collection the following working day from 1.30 to 3pm.  They give you a receipt when you drop off the documents which you need to show to collect the passport.   

Thanks

On 9/13/2022 at 7:07 AM, ubonjoe said:

Do you have any idea what 'adequate finance' means, Joe? ????

Hi all,

can i jump right in if anyone has previous experience with getting their "Thai working experience letters" legalized at MOFA?

So it can be submit to the Vietnamese Consular for further legalisations.

All my efforts so far results in needless headaches and wasted time.

Thank you very much..

Edited by Christian1983