Need to print document with high DPI, where to go ?

ExpatO

Hello,

I need to print a document with high DPI, everywhere I go they print with lowest setting inimaginable and when asked to push the setting to maximum they don't want to or don't know how to do or simply say it's not possible.

Anyone can recommend a shop in Bangkok to print a paper with high DPI ? Thanks.

3 hours ago, ExpatO said:

I signed a POA for my girlfriend to renew the Por Ror Bor while I’m away and I sent her an email with the document. We need a high quality print otherwise the signature looks “fake” and pixelized.

Not sure that will fly. When I was doing PR application, and had 1200 dpi color laser printed images, which looked stunning (2400 dpi scan, sharpened, printed 1200 dpi), the officer looked at it and said - no good. This is copy. I want original.

Had to ask for originals to be DHL'd to me to satisfy him. It's not about resolution. It's about the shine. They ain't stupid and can tell the difference between original and copy.

If copy is acceptable. then anything above 300 dpi would do. 600 dpi is bound to look perfect. If you can't get it done any other way, I'll print it for you on a 1200 dpi color laser and have it sent by Kerry to you. But that's provided you send at least 1200 dpi scan of original. If scan is 72 or 150 dpi, then it doesn't matter what you print it on, it'll look rubbish. 300 dpi for black/white documents is what office copiers do, so except for fine print, it should be fine for most purposes. Having worked in graphics a long while ago, I'm a sucker for resolution and want to go as high as it goes. For text, documents, etc. Not for photos or images. 300 dpi dye sub excels for those.

If you need it printed and sent, PM me. Your choice of printing it on Canon or HP. Both are 1200x1200 dpi color laser copiers.

• Like 1

It’s my own document, how is that “forgery”. It’s not like we made a fake. And it’s to renew a por ror bor… I’m the car owner and sent her the documents by email. She is not going to pretend that it’s original, she will just present the document and that’s it. If they don’t like it I may need to go to Thailand myself, just to renew this…

The signature is in 600 dpi I believe then I pasted it into the POA. After resizing it smaller. Signature is blue and document is black and white.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ExpatO said:

It’s my own document, how is that “forgery”. It’s not like we made a fake. And it’s to renew a por ror bor… I’m the car owner and sent her the documents by email. She is not going to pretend that it’s original, she will just present the document and that’s it. If they don’t like it I may need to go to Thailand myself, just to renew this…

The signature is in 600 dpi I believe then I pasted it into the POA. After resizing it smaller. Signature is blue and document is black and white.

If you need help, let me know. Although, POA generally needs to be original (as in actual wet signature, not a photocopy).

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

If you need help, let me know. Although, POA generally needs to be original (as in actual wet signature, not a photocopy).

Thanks, she will try on Monday with the photocopy, if it doesn't work I may be going there to Thailand directly.

It's true that an original is needed, but this is just to pay a car tax, it's not like applying for permanent residency where a bunch of people will check every document to make sure everything is in order.

I remember my ex wife using an old POA that she printed and stole my old car with it, she changed the registration with that... so sometimes a copy is good enough. I think that she even used an expired copy of my passport to do it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ExpatO said:

Thanks, she will try on Monday with the photocopy, if it doesn't work I may be going there to Thailand directly.

It's true that an original is needed, but this is just to pay a car tax, it's not like applying for permanent residency where a bunch of people will check every document to make sure everything is in order.

I remember my ex wife using an old POA that she printed and stole my old car with it, she changed the registration with that... so sometimes a copy is good enough. I think that she even used an expired copy of my passport to do it.

I did my car tax and por lor bor last week , there is nothing to sign or ID required, you dont even need to visit the DLT. Why do you think you need a POA ?

• Like 1

Well it says so on the official website she said but I guess each office do whatever they want, I just told her to show the document only if asked. 

Anyway I was also trying to gift her the car as I don't live there anymore.

Edited by ExpatO

I asked her where did she see that exactly and it seems like ''she thought'' it was necessary... well. The printing issue is then solved... just after she went to buy a printer that she won't even use.

Thanks everyone, I also thought that they could require some kind of identification or POA to renew the tax, it would make sense really that someone allowed to operate the car can do this document.

Hi, she went there and she didn't need the documents in the end... she bought a printer to print just in case but it wasn't used at all. Thanks everyone for your help.

At least we know to renew Por Ror Bor you only need blue book and car if over 7 years old. For 3 years of Por Ror Bor they charged 5000 THB. I abandoned my car there when COVID hit that's why. All good now.

• Thanks 1

On 8/27/2022 at 6:46 PM, ExpatO said:

to renew the Por Ror Bor

On 8/27/2022 at 10:58 PM, tomazbodner said:

to renew the Por Ror Bor

46 minutes ago, ExpatO said:

At least we know to renew Por Ror Bor you only need blue book and car if over 7 years old. For 3 years of Por Ror Bor they charged 5000 THB.

Hello, hello is anyone out there?

Por Ror Bor is a type of insurance.  You can not buy it or other insurance for the past, you can only buy it for the future.  I was late renewing and there was no question, the renewal started on the day I bought it, not when the old policy expired.  So if you paid for insurance for past periods you got ripped off.

Por Ror Bor costs between 600 and 700 Baht per year for my trucks and for most 4 wheel vehicles I think.  Paying 5,000 Baht for three years of Por Ror Bor is paying somebody way way too much.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Hello, hello is anyone out there?

Por Ror Bor is a type of insurance.  You can not buy it or other insurance for the past, you can only buy it for the future.  I was late renewing and there was no question, the renewal started on the day I bought it, not when the old policy expired.  So if you paid for insurance for past periods you got ripped off.

Por Ror Bor costs between 600 and 700 Baht per year for my trucks and for most 4 wheel vehicles I think.  Paying 5,000 Baht for three years of Por Ror Bor is paying somebody way way too much.

They gave a receipt at the DLT.

On 8/27/2022 at 4:43 PM, tomazbodner said:

How high DPI? Most laser printers are 600 dpi. Honestly, if it's just text, you'd even be pressed to see much difference between 300 and 600 dpi.

But what do you actually require? 1200 dpi? 2400 dpi? 3600 dpi? Color? Mono? Grayscale? Graphics or text? For what purpose?

Hope not trying to print banknotes...

"Hope not trying to print banknotes..."

600 dpi works fine with banknotes. 

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Don't you get your Por Ra Bor from your insurance company, not the DLT road tax people? They will not re-tax your vehicle without it.

Everything was done at DLT. 600 for the insurance and we paid 5000 to DLT too and they gave a receipt.

52 minutes ago, ExpatO said:

Here is the receipt from DLT. Also she told me she paid 600 separately on the first floor for the insurance as it was needed to update the blue book. Total 5600.6EBC2CF4-6AFE-4568-B756-37892DBA9A41.thumb.jpeg.66af60fb6c2a159778f71f7f144bc719.jpeg

So she went to a separate Insurance Company for the Por Ra Bor?

7 hours ago, ExpatO said:

Here is the receipt from DLT. Also she told me she paid 600 separately on the first floor for the insurance as it was needed to update the blue book. Total 5600.6EBC2CF4-6AFE-4568-B756-37892DBA9A41.thumb.jpeg.66af60fb6c2a159778f71f7f144bc719.jpeg

It appears to be three years' worth of fees, itemized as:

(Year)

2564 - tax for vehicle with seating for not over seven persons: 1,444 baht

2564 - additional fees for seven-passenger vehicle: 361 baht

2565 - tax for vehicle with seating for not over seven persons: 1,444 baht

2565 - additional fees for seven-passenger vehicle: 188 baht

2566 - tax for vehicle with seating for not over seven persons: 1,444 baht

2566 - additional fees for seven-passenger vehicle: 14 baht

Inspection of vehicle condition: 50 baht

It seems that the additional fees beyond the tax constant might be related to the vehicle's depreciation over time.  At that rate, I'd expect a zero for the extra next time.

31 minutes ago, AsianAtHeart said:

It appears to be three years' worth of fees, itemized as:

(Year)

2564 - tax for vehicle with seating for not over seven persons: 1,444 baht

2564 - additional fees for seven-passenger vehicle: 361 baht

2565 - tax for vehicle with seating for not over seven persons: 1,444 baht

2565 - additional fees for seven-passenger vehicle: 188 baht

2566 - tax for vehicle with seating for not over seven persons: 1,444 baht

2566 - additional fees for seven-passenger vehicle: 14 baht

Inspection of vehicle condition: 50 baht

It seems that the additional fees beyond the tax constant might be related to the vehicle's depreciation over time.  At that rate, I'd expect a zero for the extra next time.

Could it be the the additional fees are actually for late paying, 1 baht a day?

3 hours ago, peterfranks said:

Could it be the the additional fees are actually for late paying, 1 baht a day?

Couldn't be 1 baht a day because the line from two years ago only totals 361.  There should be closer to 365 days in a year, 730 days in two years.  Half a baht per day would come closer, but would still not make perfect sense, seeing the "14" at the end which would then represent 28 days, versus the 361 that should be only 8 days shy of two years...8 != 28.  But then, should I assume that Thai computers haven't been taught proper math?

I had assumed these numbers came from a depreciation table of some sort in which newer vehicles got higher surcharges, and as time passed, the charge was less.  But then, I have never been late to register my car, so I have not experienced potential late fees.

1 hour ago, ExpatO said:

It’s late paying fees

You might be right...but the math still doesn't add up, from my perspective.

14 hours ago, ExpatO said:

They gave a receipt at the DLT.

The receipt you posted was for registering the vehicle not for Por Ror Bor insurance.  You got this thread confused by using the wrong name for what you wrote about.  Vehicle registration and insurance are very different things.