Low spending tourists and slowing export growth but ‘intact’ economic recovery stays on track say officials

webfact

I drove from Rayon to Chon Buri along the beach. Dead as a door nail.  Just talked to a local here that told me this area used to be packed with people. Now on the weekends only Thai's .  And the beach ? You would think would be clean. It is a disgusting cess pool... Trash all along the beach. 

Maybe the COVID pandemic really has affected a lot of people globally, and there are not as many

big spenders travelling around.  I am hoping that Thailand will soon realize that the old days are gone

and TAT and government should be happy that anyone visits Thailand.  I believe the TAT forecast of 

numbers are as accurate as a 2 week weather forecast.

• 1 month later...

I am the worst of the bunch, I travel all the time. Drive an old beat up pickup and stay at 500-1000 Baht digs / night.  Personally I have tried to spend a few extra Baht but I am miserable. Cannot stand it. Old habits die hard.

On 8/29/2022 at 6:31 AM, Iamfalang said:

Nothing is worse than a "low spending tourist'!!! 

Love that!   Today I spent 4,322 baht on groceries, 1,521 baht on household repair items and 1,990 baht on some new clothes.   Hey TAT, how about an article about high spending expats!  Where do they get their figures?

Edited by LivingNThailand
typo - grammer