Current Entry Requirements

Coming back to Thailand again in November after having left Sep 2020. 

I'm curious what are the current entry requirements for an unvaccinated individual ? Do I need insurance/PCR/ etc? 

Also is it currently possible to do visa online (60 day Tourist visa) or does it still have to be done through a consulate?

Thanks 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, howto said:

@samisaurus  Can't help with the requirements question, I'm also curious as I will likely visit in the near future.

Yea mate, totally get it. I used to keep up with this but so much changes/flip flopping from the gov that I lost track what's needed haha. 

Edited by samisaurus
  • Like 1

The published entry requirements and what the Immigration Officer does at the airport are two different things. A medical doctor friend of mine returned last week from 3 months in Sweden and had a difficult experience at the Suvarnabhumi airport Immigration counter. He was never asked for his vaccination record but the officer demanded that he have insurance and a recent PCR test. The front line officer and the supervisor both said the same thing, unfortunately never of them had any English speaking skills. Fortunately my friend has a Thai wife whom he called and after a 40 minute conversation he was allowed to enter Thailand. So be prepared for either a smooth entry or a difficult entry.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Upnotover said:

The link above is not clear on the amount of vaccines that meet the requirement . In the beginning of the statement it says that a certificate of covid 19 vaccination is required which could be interpreted as a single vaccine will suffice . Drop down a couple of paragraphs and it mentions " not fully vaccinated travellers " ( no info given ) ,   Also the article says that travellers aged between 5 & 17 should have had at least 1 approved vaccine more than 14 days before travelling to Thailand , so is fully vaccinated 1 ,  2 or 3 vaccinations ?  I do not wish to be pedantic but the details are not clear . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TucsonDavid said:

The published entry requirements and what the Immigration Officer does at the airport are two different things. A medical doctor friend of mine returned last week from 3 months in Sweden and had a difficult experience at the Suvarnabhumi airport Immigration counter. He was never asked for his vaccination record but the officer demanded that he have insurance and a recent PCR test. The front line officer and the supervisor both said the same thing, unfortunately never of them had any English speaking skills. Fortunately my friend has a Thai wife whom he called and after a 40 minute conversation he was allowed to enter Thailand. So be prepared for either a smooth entry or a difficult entry.

Wow, and this is almost 6 weeks after the requirements for entry were dropped on July 1st. Crazy to thing how behind some departments with relation to what the official new rules are. 

1 hour ago, TucsonDavid said:

You could not make this up , incredible .