British man dead, second seriously injured after motorbike collision with a garbage truck

snoop1130

17 hours ago, Thunglom said:

They are hypotheses - as said - in your case it's based on the evidence in your posts. BTW - I have driven EXTENSIVELY in Thailand and several times up that particular junction.

You call every guess you make a hypothesis, in a transparent attempt to give them credence, or some form of credibility. However, a hypothesis is simply an assumption, in other words, a guess.

Your hypotheses do however all share a common theme; to lay the blame entirely with the motorcyclist, and completely exonerate the truck driver. Your prejudice against foreigners in Thailand is palpable, both here, and on other threads; so, as noted earlier, with that kind of bias, we are all fortunate that you are not an accident investigator.

Your claim to have driven extensively in Thailand is completely irrelevant to this tragedy, and is just another feeble attempt to give some credibility to your extensive guesswork.

And please stop shouting at me using uppercase font; it is very rude to shout at people ….. many thanks

• Like 1

I myself worked on a tourist lsland in Europe for many years, the tourists would always have accidents on motobikes, why, because a lack of taking precausions, when on holiday your guard comes down, your on holiday and having a great time and nothing bad can happen to you. And thats when bad things happen. They drink cause its so cheap get on the bike and dont think what can happen, hey im on holiday. The one thing i always did was tell my customers was to be careful, be extra careful many people on holidays have accidents

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bananafish said:

You talk more garbage than was onboard the truck. From the video I watched, it looks like the bike came from behind the truck, and tried to overtake it on the right, as it was turning right. So I would hardly say the rider is blameless, his driving seems wreckless, and my guess is that was because he was drinking. 

Not because he "had been drinking" then? He was there with a bottle in his hand?

Must be a different video

8 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

You call every guess you make a hypothesis, in a transparent attempt to give them credence, or some form of credibility. However, a hypothesis is simply an assumption, in other words, a guess.

Your hypotheses do however all share a common theme; to lay the blame entirely with the motorcyclist, and completely exonerate the truck driver. Your prejudice against foreigners in Thailand is palpable, both here, and on other threads; so, as noted earlier, with that kind of bias, we are all fortunate that you are not an accident investigator.

Your claim to have driven extensively in Thailand is completely irrelevant to this tragedy, and is just another feeble attempt to give some credibility to your extensive guesswork.

And please stop shouting at me using uppercase font; it is very rude to shout at people ….. many thanks

I'm not surprised by this response - it just illustrates the kind of thinking one is up against. (I use the word "think" in its loosest form)