"No-cut" Vasectomy... in Phuket?

sallecc

Hi, did anybody in recent years did a 'no-cut' ('no-scalpel', 'no-stitches', or how it's called) Vasectomy in Phuket? I checked Siriraj and Bangkok hospitals (25-30k) and was surprised to learn that they actually use a scalpel, especially for that price of 30k... Dr. said it's not really an "old" style, but "very small cut" ("0.5-1cm"??) and need to put 1 stitch afterwards... But I read online that in recent years it's done with some needle only ("no-cut"), and definitely no stitches required... Expected the same in Bangkok Hospital, of all... Any thoughts? Thanks.

(PM's are welcome if anybody feels uncomfortable replying publicly ???? )

I Googled a bit, and found only that Bumrungrad BKK advertises 'no-scalpel' method... Probably few other hospitals are doing it as well in BKK... But for Phuket, I can't find anything... A bit surprised that Bangkok Hospital Phuket being the 'best' and the fanciest here, is still doing the conventional scalpel method -  especially for 30k price.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i had a cut vasectomy at Pattaya International hospital 2 years ago, a few stitches, totally fine, about 11k, a govt hospital said 5k. Free in Bangkok if married with 2 kids

I checked that place in BKK, it's 'PDA' clinic, not free anymore but not expensive (5k), but they require a birth certificates showing 2 or more kids... Anyway, I hope I can to do it here in Phuket... But the funny thing is: even this no-frills PDA clinic in BKK does the latest 'no-scalpel' method, but super-fancy Bangkok Hospital Phuket does not... go figure.

If anybody did 'no-scalpel' Vas. in Phuket, please chime in, thanks ????

17 minutes ago, sallecc said:

I checked that place in BKK, it's 'PDA' clinic, not free anymore but not expensive (5k), but they require a birth certificates showing 2 or more kids... Anyway, I hope I can to do it here in Phuket... But the funny thing is: even this no-frills PDA clinic in BKK does the latest 'no-scalpel' method, but super-fancy Bangkok Hospital Phuket does not... go figure.

If anybody did 'no-scalpel' Vas. in Phuket, please chime in, thanks ????

I had it done at PDA in soi 12 Bangkok.  They're not strict about 2 kids (I only have one) and I didn't need to show the birth certificate.  All done and dusted within an hour.  Very efficient and well worth the 5,000 "donation".

7 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I had it done at PDA in soi 12 Bangkok.  They're not strict about 2 kids (I only have one) and I didn't need to show the birth certificate.  All done and dusted within an hour.  Very efficient and well worth the 5,000 "donation".

They didn't want to give me a vasectomy, but an ugly young guy walked in and they took him straight in

• Haha 1

No scalpel sure sounds better, I had mine done over 30 years ago was swelled up for several days sitting on ice.

Either way, you will have to go back to the Doctor and provide an ejacultion fliud sample at the office to make sure the sperm are cut off.  No internet when I had mine the Doctor gave me some magazines to look at if need be, bring your phone with you.

Edited by bkk6060

Seems that many guys had 'no-scalpel' method in other places (BKK, Buriram...), even years ago, so I guess/hope they do it here in Phuket as well... Maybe I'll try to talk to talk different doctors in these hospitals (I talked to 1 doc in each of 3 hospitals I visited, but each has 2-3 docs / urologists)... that is, if nobody from Phuket chimes in here with 'no-cut' experience lol.

On 9/2/2022 at 7:33 PM, bkk6060 said:

No scalpel sure sounds better, I had mine done over 30 years ago was swelled up for several days sitting on ice.

Either way, you will have to go back to the Doctor and provide an ejacultion fliud sample at the office to make sure the sperm are cut off.  No internet when I had mine the Doctor gave me some magazines to look at if need be, bring your phone with you.

If you have it done at PDA in Bangkok, you have to arrange your own sperm test a few weeks later to check it has worked.  The place I used provided a comfortable private room, with a flat-screen TV and a "raunchy" DVD collection, plus magazines.  All very clinical, with the results emailed in 24-hours.

21 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

If you have it done at PDA in Bangkok, you have to arrange your own sperm test a few weeks later to check it has worked.  The place I used provided a comfortable private room, with a flat-screen TV and a "raunchy" DVD collection, plus magazines.  All very clinical, with the results emailed in 24-hours.

Thanks but thread is about vasectomy in Phuket ????

Actually I thought about BKK PDA (5k), but when I got a deal in Phuket Bangkok Siriroj Hospital for 11k (non-scalpel, no stitch) I think it's better to do it here, considering added BKK flights and hotel fees, plus all the travelling hassle.

16 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Actually I thought about BKK PDA (5k), but when I got a deal in Phuket Bangkok Siriroj Hospital for 11k (non-scalpel, no stitch) I think it's better to do it here, considering added BKK flights and hotel fees, plus all the travelling hassle.

what is the non scalpel method?

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not sure i prefer that method, a couple stitches was fine, healed quick

It's newer and better method... No cut, and much smaller wound = no stitches and less chance for infection... Healing & recovery is better and much faster, too... Anyway it will be standard everywhere sooner or later, currently only in better hospitals.

15 minutes ago, sallecc said:

It's newer and better method... No cut, and much smaller wound = no stitches and less chance for infection... Healing & recovery is better and much faster, too... Anyway it will be standard everywhere sooner or later, currently only in better hospitals.

ok fair enough, i was just happy my surgeon had done thousands of vasectomies before me

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

ok fair enough, i was just happy my surgeon had done thousands of vasectomies before me

Sure, both are safe and reliable... "New" method is not actually new, it's been around for 20-30 years already... Anyway hope this thread will help others looking for V-thing in Phuket later... I found what I was looking for, in Siriroj Hospital, and will update here after it's done ????

(to clarify: Bangkok Hospital Phuket also does non-scalpel method, their Dr. didn't explain it well at first... anyway, Siriroj price is almost 3x cheaper and surgeon speaks much better English, so the choice is clear)

9 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Sure, both are safe and reliable... "New" method is not actually new, it's been around for 20-30 years already... Anyway hope this thread will help others looking for V-thing in Phuket later... I found what I was looking for, in Siriroj Hospital, and will update here after it's done ????

(to clarify: Bangkok Hospital Phuket also does non-scalpel method, their Dr. didn't explain it well at first... anyway, Siriroj price is almost 3x cheaper and surgeon speaks much better English, so the choice is clear)

(sorry if 2nd paragraph is in bold font, I didn't do anything, it's Asean.now problem, reported by others before as well ???? )

7 hours ago, sallecc said:

Yes, I realised you were asking about Phuket.  Just thought you'd like to factor in the necessity and cost of a follow-up sperm test to check it worked.  Maybe the hospital includes this in the price.  At PDA it's an extra cost.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes, I realised you were asking about Phuket.  Just thought you'd like to factor in the necessity and cost of a follow-up sperm test to check it worked.  Maybe the hospital includes this in the price.  At PDA it's an extra cost.

Yeah here it's extra as well, ~600 in BKH Siriroj, they make appointment 1 month in advance and provide plastic cup to do it at home ????

(price at BKHP is 2-3 times up)

8 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

At a lab in Pattaya was 300 baht

On 9/2/2022 at 10:36 PM, sallecc said:

I Googled a bit, and found only that Bumrungrad BKK advertises 'no-scalpel' method... Probably few other hospitals are doing it as well in BKK... But for Phuket, I can't find anything... A bit surprised that Bangkok Hospital Phuket being the 'best' and the fanciest here, is still doing the conventional scalpel method -  especially for 30k price.

Given that it's not unknown for vasectomies to fail, no way I'd agree to a "no cut" method.

I had the ultimate vasectomy, when I had a radical prostatectomy. It works for sure, even though it's not what I'd have chosen.

I never had the opportunity for a normal vasectomy given I never had children and in our insanely PC world they apparently won't do one till you have children, despite never wanting any. Madness!

• Like 1