Question about 90 day stay for US tourist.

I'm a US citizen traveling to Thailand in either November or December for tourism. I want to stay about 90 days. I used to get a 60 day tourist visa, then extend for 30 days. I have heard that US tourists can now stay for 45 days without a visa. Does this mean I can stay 45 + 30 = 75 days without a visa? Is it possible to stay longer without a visa?

2 hours ago, leosmith said:

Does this mean I can stay 45 + 30 = 75 days without a visa? Is it possible to stay longer without a visa?

First part : Yes.

Second part: Stay your 75 and do a border bounce for 45 + 30 enter visa exempt. 

Note : You can do 2 visa exempt entries via land per calendar year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Note : You can do 2 visa exempt entries via land per calendar year. 

That's awesome! When I first arrive in Thailand, can my return air ticket be 90 days out even though I'm not on a visa?

Edited by leosmith

7 minutes ago, leosmith said:

That's awesome! When I first arrive in Thailand, can my return air ticket be 90 days out even though I'm not on a visa?

If you have a tourist visa to use for entry a return or onward ticket is not required.

If entering visa exempt by air you can asked for a ticket out of the country within 30 days.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, leosmith said:

The airline can ask you for onward flight within 30 days if flying without a visa or reentry permit.

Here is thread that explains your options and also has link to "onwardflight.com"

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

On 9/2/2022 at 6:39 PM, ubonjoe said:

If you have a tourist visa to use for entry a return or onward ticket is not required.

If entering visa exempt by air you can asked for a ticket out of the country within 30 days.

I've decided to only stay 75 days (visa exempt plus extension). Per you comment, do I need to state that I will only be there 30 days, and show a flight reservation that reflects that?

4 hours ago, leosmith said:

I've decided to only stay 75 days (visa exempt plus extension). Per you comment, do I need to state that I will only be there 30 days, and show a flight reservation that reflects that?

If you are flying visa exempt the airline at departure MAY want to see onward flight within 30 days.

The options to cover that are outlined in thread I posted earlier. 

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If you are flying visa exempt the airline at departure MAY want to see onward flight within 30 days.

Are there no forms that require me to say how long my stay will be? Doesn't the return reservation need to match whatever length of stay I claim?

22 minutes ago, leosmith said:

Are there no forms that require me to say how long my stay will be? Doesn't the return reservation need to match whatever length of stay I claim?

First up it doesn't need to be return. Any onward flight within 30 days will be sufficient.

All the options of how to do this are covered in link to another thread.

Read through that thread and you will understand your options

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

First up it doesn't need to be return. Any onward flight within 30 days will be sufficient.

All the options of how to do this are covered in link to another thread.

Read through that thread and you will understand your options

My question is not covered in that thread. Let me keep it simple - is there any form that I need to fill out where I have to declare the duration of my stay?

Edited by leosmith