Have you had a confirmed case of Covid 19?

kwonitoy

Have you had Covid?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. From an earlier post, have you had a CONFIRMED case of covid 19 as determined by a home test or hospital test? Add your vaccination status if interested. This is NOT about pro or anti vaccine choices

• Yes
    • NO

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/2022 at 06:00 AM

2 Moderna in 2021 in the UK and one AstraZeneca this year in Thailand. Covid confirmed by a test 9 days ago, lasted 4 days. mainly like a cold but had one day mainly in bed. Daughter also confirmed same day as me, sick 2-3 days. Other people - Brother and his wife in the UK both got it in 2022, son in Africa got it late 2021, other Thai family members - 4 probables (untested) all this year. M-in-L seems to have some long Covid - hasn't done any work outside for 3 weeks.

• Thanks 1

I have family and friends in England, Wales, Holland, USA, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, and of course, Thailand.

So far, I don't know anyone who has had COVID-19. That doesn’t mean they haven't, but if they had, they didn't know about it. Age ranges of the above groups are mid-30s through to early 80s. Some have had vaccines, others have not. However, I KNOW OF plenty of people who have had COVID-19, especially well-known names, as they make news headlines.

I don't know if my situation is unique or not. Most people tend not to talk about coronavirus much in the real-world these days.

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2022 at 3:01 PM, AddyA said:

I have family and friends in England, Wales, Holland, USA, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, and of course, Thailand.

So far, I don't know anyone who has had COVID-19. That doesn’t mean they haven't, but if they had, they didn't know about it. Age ranges of the above groups are mid-30s through to early 80s. Some have had vaccines, others have not. However, I KNOW OF plenty of people who have had COVID-19, especially well-known names, as they make news headlines.

I don't know if my situation is unique or not. Most people tend not to talk about coronavirus much in the real-world these days.

Sure,  if you don't talk you don't know. 

From the people i know,  i sometimes get the feeling those who still haven't had Covid are becoming a minority. In reality,  it's maybe 50-50. Which is, incidentally,  the result of this poll.

(I am just kidding. We all know covid doesn't exist :))

On 9/5/2022 at 7:11 PM, kwonitoy said:

Well, 1 day into the straw poll and it's a dead heat 50/50 split.

I would have thought that the majority of people had gotten covid.

Just for interest I checked the small population country of Iceland. I thought they would have good data due to the small population.

They come in at 59%

tn_ic-flag.gif
 Iceland

Coronavirus Cases:

Iceland Population (LIVE)

The true figure is much bigger, especially in the omicron era. I have had it twice myself and haven't been included in any statistics.

Yes.  In March 2022, confirmed by symptoms, two home tests, and four other family members also testing positive with similar symptoms.  Vacc status was fully vacced 2x Pfizer plus Pfizer booster.   We're pretty sure we got it on a family trip to Las Vegas, 5 out of 6 caught it.   The one who didn't was a teenager, same vacc status as me, had not caught it before. 

Odds seem high that it was Omicron because that was the predominant strain circulating at that time where I live.  My main symptoms were a severely runny nose for four or five days and one night of fever with chills on the second day after testing positive.  And some mild aches.  I self-treated with normal over-the-counter cold medicine and decongestants.  Same story for the other four with regard to symptoms and treatment.