New traffic law that requires all passengers in vehicles to wear seat belts

snoop1130

13 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

This is a serious matter. I insist on my passengers wearing a seat belt or they don't travel with me. I am assertive but not hostile. As the driver, I believe I am responsible for my passengers safety and comfort and cannot imagine how I would feel if by not wearing the belt and they suffered serious injury or death while in "my care". I do it for their safety.

In fact I have found small children are receptive to wearing the seat belt where previously they never did! After only one trip, I found then belting up without any reference to me. I told them I was proud of them. Childrens' ages? 3 and 5. Adults are not so easy to persuade but they don't ever refuse!

You do realise I imagine that the new laws require children 6 and under to be in child safety seats, not just belted.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 5:27 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Sure it does, but they have already indicated it will not be enforced for those riding in the back of the trucks, nor will they be enforcing the childseat portion.  Such a farce.  Yesterday on our way back from Hua Hin, a car blew by us at about 160 and right on by the Highway Police car in front and to the left of us.  No effort to stop the speeder.  Then as we approached BKK on 35, people were forcing there way past the cars in the lanes by driving in the small lane to the left and the same to the right, making the 2 lanes into 4, and again driving past the Motorcycle police officers.....guess I can drive buck <deleted> naked.....

It's not just the laws but enforcement that's needed

It must have been a couple of months ago on a thread related to road safety that I said they should make the wearing of seatbelts in the rear a legal requirement. I then received  a reply saying I was behind the times as that was already the case. Since 2017 I think. I'm pretty sure they linked to the relevant legislation which I'll try to find.