Now on 3 months Non-o visa based on Thai child

Hello from Pak Chong,

I have to go for an extension after my 3 months to Bangkok or to Nakhon Ratchasima

and may I apply for 90 days extension without to show the 400k THB in the bank?

I don´t want apply for a 1 year extension, because I am not a medium rich 400k THB owner.

Edited by knowingtheworld
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, knowingtheworld said:

Good to know. And what after the 60 day extension, I can apply again for 60 days or what to do, please?

After 60 days, you must (i) leave Thailand and re-enter with a further visa or visa exempt; or (ii) apply for a one-year extension (not easy) and requiring the 400k baht financial proof.

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

After 60 days, you must (i) leave Thailand and re-enter with a further visa or visa exempt; or (ii) apply for a one-year extension (not easy) and requiring the 400k baht financial proof.

So, every 5 months traveling to an other country to get a new family visa. Wow, what a family visa policy in TH.  What is a visa exempt I wonder. I assume you mean just going out and in TH, although that gives only 30 days and is not what I want to do. Traveling very 5 months is not the best family visa option although I can live with it. Thanks so much for the help.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, knowingtheworld said:

Good to know. And what after the 60 day extension, I can apply again for 60 days or what to do, please?

You can only get one 60 day extension for each entry to the country.

You can apply for a new non-o visa at a nearby embassy or consulate.

1 hour ago, Classic Ray said:

Immigration are looking for the 400k bank balance as evidence that you are supporting the child rather than just using it as an excuse to stay in Thailand or just visiting the child.

Agree.

I wonder if the OP is aware that the 400k can be used after extention is obtained to support himself and child. 

16 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Clear.

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can only get one 60 day extension for each entry to the country.

You can apply for a new non-o visa at a nearby embassy or consulate.

Like I wrote: after 5 months out of TH and doing a new family visa. Not sure how often I will do that, although maybe nice to see some cities around TH.

• Haha 1