Updated TM 30 information

5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

You shouldn't need anything to show immigration, if the hotel has entered you in the system then immigration will see you in the system. The email may make you feel comfortable that the hotel has entered you, but immigration will simply check the system to see if you are there. There is no requirement for a receipt of being entered, if you are not in the system, you are not in the system.

Great, that crossed my mind. 

On the Thai govt website immigration.go.th, it says "The applicant who comes to contact must show the notification of residence in accordance with Section 38 and present the accommodation notification." But I think you are right, should be ok.

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Many hotels, condos etc do file a TM30 registration.

A screenshot grab of that will satisfy immigration for extensions etc

I went to Immigration today with a printout from the apartment's online registration and Immigration just stapled it to my passport and told me it was good enough to use as proof of address for the next 90-day report. I also mentioned a change of address and then I got a list called "Document for residence" which from top says: 1.Copy of landlords ID, 2. Copy of LandlordsTabian Baan, 3.Copy rental contract, 4.Copy passport and visa, and in case landlord can not come to Immigration, letter of power of attorney with revenue stamps 10 baht and documents 1-4. (documents I have already received from the landlord)

No mention of TM.30?? Could that be because its seen as "my" obligation!

Felt

Edited by Felt 35

• 2 weeks later...

@ubonjoe Sorry for tagging but seems like this thread has gone on it's own, so just wanted to quickly ask. 

My date to pick up is coming up next week. Should I make an online appointment for pick up? And where do I go when I arrive?

Also, do I need an updated deposit for the bankbook to show funds for that day as well?

Thanks Joe!

32 minutes ago, eastcst84 said:

My date to pick up is coming up next week. Should I make an online appointment for pick up? And where do I go when I arrive?

Not need for appointment and I don't there are appointments for what you will be doing.

32 minutes ago, eastcst84 said:

Also, do I need an updated deposit for the bankbook to show funds for that day as well?

That depends upon the office you do it at. Maybe best to update your bank bank and make a copy io it incase is asked for.

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2022 at 11:17 AM, ubonjoe said:

A signed copy of the house book would be enough. No need for the original house book. Also a signed copy of their ID card.

You will also need a copy of the lease or rental agreement.

I believe the OP is on a marriage extension but do you need those documents, including lease, for a retirement (non-OA) extension at Chaeng Wattana these days?  I was never asked for them there before but I'm seeing a lot of posts indicating they're required.  If so, does the lease have to be a one-year term?  That would cause problems for people staying at serviced apart/hotels.

12 hours ago, eastcst84 said:

Apologies, I should have asked the last time. This is the last question for this topic, as I am going first thing tomorrow am. Does my wife have to come with me to CW for stamp.

Your wife does not have to be with you.

• Thanks 1