What is the best 6 month unlimited data tariff?

spambot

Are there any recommendations for the best 6 month unlimited data tariff (any mobile network) with a url link?

I cancelled my post paid True plan when I went back to UK, pre Covid, but will be back in Thailand in a few weeks.

I seem to remember that getting 6 months at the best rate was available either from online packages on Lazada or by actually visiting the True, AIS, Dtac retail shop. So far I am struggling to find anything suitable from online search, just tourist sims available from the Airport. 

Any urls would be very welcome?

Seems like I'm answering my own question - Suddenly finding solutions.

AIS Unlimited SIM Internet (with a fixed speed of 15 Mbps, 100GB/month for 6 months) 870 Thb

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ais-15-mbps-100gb-6-ais-i2513611758-s8917644113.html?clickTrackInfo=undefined&search=1&spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.i172.697d6908iZ6YUy

6 hours ago, spambot said:

AIS Unlimited SIM Internet (with a fixed speed of 15 Mbps, 100GB/month for 6 months) 870 Thb

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ais-15-mbps-100gb-6-ais-i2513611758-s8917644113.html?clickTrackInfo=undefined&search=1&spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.i172.697d6908iZ6YUy

I just signed up for the 12 month version of this on both my phone and my router. 100Gb pm should be enough I think. I don't do movie downloads anymore. Definitely enough for browsing etc, and can do updates etc over eg condo WiFi. YMMV.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spambot said:

Not sure how this is unlimited data, since it is capped at 100GB per month?

I bought one of these DTAC unlimited sims in September and got it for 1210 baht (should have been 1390 baht) because of sale promotions etc.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/115-15mbps-4g5g-wpn-mobile-sim-i2123440111-s7120930961.html?clickTrackInfo=undefined&search=1&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.i40.4b35d527F6dHC4

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I bought one of these DTAC unlimited sims in September and got it for 1210 baht (should have been 1390 baht) because of sale promotions etc.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/115-15mbps-4g5g-wpn-mobile-sim-i2123440111-s7120930961.html?clickTrackInfo=undefined&search=1&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.i40.4b35d527F6dHC4

I meant July, not September. Sorry.

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

yes.  don't buy any that has a GB limit.  We don't download videos but we stream video off every platform.  Pretty sure we wreck 100gb fast.

We also hotspot our house.  1500 baht for year much cheaper than 600-800 month for inhouse internet.

@ OP. First thing you need to do is decide on carrier based on where you will be in Thailand.  Find out who is good in that area (or more like BAD so you don't choose them).

I use DTAC in Pattaya works perfect everywhere here.  We have 10 mbps and 20 mbps.  I honestly can't tell the difference.  Maybe if you using several devices at once it would be noticeable.  now they sell 15 and 30.  I'd buy 30 since it's only 300 baht more.

Just search the "carrier+ sim card" you want in Lazada search and it'll give you endless options.

Again.  make sure you get UNLIMITED at the speed you purchase and just buy from one with many reviews or under Lazada Mall stamp.

Last store I bought from  1 year ago:

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/a-lot1632290177/?itemId=882116731&spm=a2o4m.pdp_revamp.seller.1.52b027d9ND1V16&path=promotion-34606-0.htm&tab=promotion&channelSource=pdp

• Like 1

8 hours ago, spambot said:

I can not believe this price on Shopee - Unlimited internet for 6 months 599 Thb - Can this be correct?

https://shopee.co.th/-เน็ตไม่อั้น-6-เดือน-NT-wireless-net-Thunder-599-i.235326805.7778954438

I've never heard of NT as a carrier, so I would worry about coverage and connection.

....and what does "unlimited speed" mean?  That's not possible.  There is always a cap.

You can message and ask though.

• Like 1

The best or the cheapest? ☺️ 

A totally weird and confused thread. Asks for the best six month package and then proclaims the best they have found is actually a twelve month package ????

Then follows that up with a 'limited' six month package ☺️

Amazing.

spambot indeed.

In answer to the question, there are monthly, six monthly and 12 month options.

There is capped speed with a data limit and Max speed with a data limit. There is capped speed with unlimited data. There is capped speed with unlimited data and unlimited within network voice calls. There is capped speed with unlimited data and unlimited any network calls.....

Decide what you need, rather than just looking to scrape the barrel. NT Wireless Thunder is a substitute for fixed Internet; it is not a mobile service. If you have reception at your place and a device that works with LTE Band 40, then it's a viable option.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

No need to go online... unless going for six months or twelve months upfront package.

I've never seen those deals at retail store, or on the app...

only online at lazada. (not checked shoppee or other shopping networks though).

• Like 1

I hear all the feedback and there are some good comments made. I do accept that my approach is scattergun, but in defence I was listing anything that was better than the tariff I was last on with True View for about 9 yrs, post paid unlimited 1,200 Bht / month. 

I initially could not find these deals on Shopee and Lazada (using poor search keywords), then after finding some either being 6 or 12 month tariffs just seemed too unbelievable. However now finding the responses to this post tells me that many of these deals are real and should be a considered as a solution.

I am not back in Thailand for a few weeks and I have been looking at my unlimited tariff here in UK - I am currently averaging around 120Gb / month and hence as identified the 100Gb monthly limit should probably not actually be a consideration.

6 minutes ago, spambot said:

I hear all the feedback and there are some good comments made. I do accept that my approach is scattergun, but in defence I was listing anything that was better than the tariff I was last on with True View for about 9 yrs, post paid unlimited 1,200 Bht / month. 

I initially could not find these deals on Shopee and Lazada (using poor search keywords), then after finding some either being 6 or 12 month tariffs just seemed too unbelievable. However now finding the responses to this post tells me that many of these deals are real and should be a considered as a solution.

I am not back in Thailand for a few weeks and I have been looking at my unlimited tariff here in UK - I am currently averaging around 120Gb / month and hence as identified the 100Gb monthly limit should probably not actually be a consideration.

Find out which network gives the best coverage at your place. Truemove h and DTAC only achieve around 4 Mbps at my place, so no point in splashing out on a 30 Mbps SIM with them in my case.

In another apartment, AIS and Truemove H were terrible and DTAC was the best. So don't get carried away by the specification. You need to know how it performs at your place.

Current 'best' deals include  the Unlimited 15 Mbps with any network calls or 20 Mbps with within network calls from AIS @ 200 baht per month.

30 Mbps for 265 baht per month from DTAC & Truemove H(the latter two inclusive of any network calls).

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, spambot said:

I can not believe this price on Shopee - Unlimited internet for 6 months 599 Thb - Can this be correct?

https://shopee.co.th/-เน็ตไม่อั้น-6-เดือน-NT-wireless-net-Thunder-599-i.235326805.7778954438

Check the speed (I didn't)

That's only an average price and I bet it's for 4MBS

I have 10 MBS one year 100gb pm about 1500 per year plus 60 minutes a month on any network.

Wife just recently bought a similar package for parents and they got 15 MBS, 100gb on 5G network.

Even if the package you're looking at is 10 it's an average deal why the surprise?

Edited by BonMot
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, spambot said:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/infinity-sim-dtac-6mbps-1-simnet789-i2137420686-s7159920249.html

is DTAC's answer to the Truemove H offer. It has unlimited any network calls, as opposed to just sixty minutes of any network calls included in Truemove H's offer.

But not the SIM for you. More for someone who uses their phone like a phone ???? 

If you are using around 4GB per day, you might want something snappier. 15, 20 or 30 Mbps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spambot said:

Good points about checking the speed available in the actual location. My last tariff was in a Bangkok condo and the data speeds changed when I once moved rooms to a higher floor.

Likely location will be Pratumnak.

I live there.  Dtac works no problems 20mbps speed.  

I do not pay for home internet, simply use hotspot at home.

Even if I needed dedicated internet at home, I'd just buy a second card and cheap phone or a cheap wifi box.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

I live there.  Dtac works no problems 20mbps speed.  

I do not pay for home internet, simply use hotspot at home.

Even if I needed dedicated internet at home, I'd just buy a second card and cheap phone or a cheap wifi box.

Perfect response Dart12

• Like 1

Will add a caution with NT - it is not a normal sim verification process and on Shopee seems to be somehow linked to buyer/order number and 2 days of trying to activate by Thai resulted in message to visit office.  May not be a viable option for some.  We gave it a toss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

20 Mbps with DTAC costs 200 baht per month with a new SIM. Can apply using a vendor code or obtain the SIM from a vendor who has access to the USSD codes.

Ha - Looking at the tourist rates available from Dtac, 

15-day Unlimited Internet
30 GB
 at Max Speed

599Baht

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/tourist-sim.html

OK - So this looks like the solution - Is the process: Get the sim from an online vendor or would it work if get the sim (with a different tariff) from a 7/11 store and then apply the vendor code / USSD code?

5 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

No need to go online... unless going for six months or twelve months upfront package.

You definitely should go online for the promotions and flashsales.

There's promotions for 24 hours up to 1 year.

Even carriers have promotions on there Facebook page.

Ultimately I find packages in Thailand very reasonable.

I'm paying 399 baht for 20GB,5G,and unlimited calling. 

5g Super Khum 399 a month no contract.

299 for 4G.

Screenshot_20220909_212428.thumb.jpg.e7b2bc5791b078806c608273303c2272.jpg

Screenshot_20220909_213306.jpg

• Thanks 2