What is the best 6 month unlimited data tariff?

spambot

9 hours ago, spambot said:

Ha - Looking at the tourist rates available from Dtac, 

15-day Unlimited Internet
30 GB
 at Max Speed

599Baht

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/tourist-sim.html

OK - So this looks like the solution - Is the process: Get the sim from an online vendor or would it work if get the sim (with a different tariff) from a 7/11 store and then apply the vendor code / USSD code?

Unlimited but 30 GB at Max Speed over 15 days? What does that mean? 30 Giga Bytes of data at what speed?  Data is usually in bytes (MB or GB), speed in bits per sec (15 Mbps). It's just a meaningless jumble.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

You definitely should go online for the promotions and flashsales.

There's promotions for 24 hours up to 1 year.

Even carriers have promotions on there Facebook page.

Ultimately I find packages in Thailand very reasonable.

I'm paying 399 baht for 20GB,5G,and unlimited calling. 

5g Super Khum 399 a month no contract.

299 for 4G.

Screenshot_20220909_212428.thumb.jpg.e7b2bc5791b078806c608273303c2272.jpg

Screenshot_20220909_213306.jpg

No....

13 hours ago, spambot said:

30 GB
 at Max Speed

599Baht

OK - So this looks like the solution - Is the process: Get the sim from an online vendor or would it work if get the sim (with a different tariff) from a 7/11 store and then apply the vendor code / USSD code?

Either can work. Though personally I would go with the USSD code method, as that would allow me to test the SIM at my location before applying a pack.

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

Unlimited but 30 GB at Max Speed over 15 days? What does that mean? 30 Giga Bytes of data at what speed?  Data is usually in bytes (MB or GB), speed in bits per sec (15 Mbps). It's just a meaningless jumble.

Your post seems a meaningless jumble. Max speed is the maximum speed available in your location up to 100 Mbps. The Tourist SIM definition of unlimited is the old one wherein you get an allowance at the maximum speed available and then the connection drops down to 384 kbps. 

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/tourist-sim-faqs.html

What will happen when 5GB/15GB/30GB max speed is used up?

Internet speed will be throttled to 384 Kbps until the end of your package; either 4, 8 or 1 5 days.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, spambot said:

30 GB
 at Max Speed

599Baht

get it from online, it'll be delivered in 2-3 days

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bradiston said:

My assumption was that you get max speed (defined in small print somewhere the tourist will not bother looking) for a period 15 days, until 30Gb is used. The point you make is good. The offer makes no sense until you define bps before and after 30 Gb limit.

6 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

If you'd like to order directly from DTAC: https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/ready-sim.html

Obviously the vendors are given better packages and prices.

Ah - Great post - Just what is needed. This gets me the sim, albeit at a small cost greater than from a dealer. 

Kongkrapan SIM 4Mbps

850THB

Unlimited data with no speed drop 4Mbps 6 months validity

• 4 Mbps Unlimited data no speed drop
  • 6 months validity

7 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Your post seems a meaningless jumble. Max speed is the maximum speed available in your location up to 100 Mbps. The Tourist SIM definition of unlimited is the old one wherein you get an allowance at the maximum speed available and then the connection drops down to 384 kbps. 

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/tourist-sim-faqs.html

Good clarification which was required for the bps - when I think about it, this was the same limits I had initially, but later removed from my unlimited True View tariff - Done when I asked to cancel to move to AIS.

On 9/9/2022 at 12:11 AM, spambot said:

I can not believe this price on Shopee - Unlimited internet for 6 months 599 Thb - Can this be correct?

https://shopee.co.th/-เน็ตไม่อั้น-6-เดือน-NT-wireless-net-Thunder-599-i.235326805.7778954438

It's quite different from the operators packages.

I works on a specific 4G(LTE) band nationwide (2300 MHz. (LTE Band 40)).

If someone could tell what this means for coverage and how to find whether one's mobile works with that.

10 hours ago, spambot said:

Ah - Great post - Just what is needed. This gets me the sim, albeit at a small cost greater than from a dealer. 

Kongkrapan SIM 4Mbps

850THB

Unlimited data with no speed drop 4Mbps 6 months validity

• 4 Mbps Unlimited data no speed drop
  • 6 months validity

image.png.d286be832ac84a1de2a84eb278c2f231.png

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/dtac-10mbps-60-6-i1778602578-s5191460171.html

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

As opposed to getting it from a normal shop immediately? What's the benefit of waiting 2 - 3 days?

On 9/10/2022 at 9:55 AM, Bruno123 said:

If you'd like to order directly from DTAC: https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/ready-sim.html

Obviously the vendors are given better packages and prices.

An all sources for that DTAC 6 month plan are sold on web sites.

2 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

As opposed to getting it from a normal shop immediately? What's the benefit of waiting 2 - 3 days?

Honestly, and I need to research this myself as I want my next purchase to be an Esim so I can retain old number...he can purchase E-sim and install it to his phone IMMEDIATELY after an online purchase.  **what I need to research is if these lazada vendors can provide Esims yet.

However, He's not even here yet I don't think.  He can have it purchased and shipped to his destination before even arriving.

Most people do all shopping online now (for better and worse) because of it's convenience, and in this case...better pricing.

Mainly, I'm giving him info on what will happen.  His choice to decide.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

An all sources for that DTAC 6 month plan are sold on web sites.

I don't understand the point of your post and why you are quoting me. The DTAC plans are different from the plans they distribute via vendors.

Three, six and twelve monthly plans can be bought online and direct from DTAC. Monthly plans can be applied immediately to any standard SIM. No need to waste time buying online.

Clear?

1 hour ago, Dart12 said:

Honestly, and I need to research this myself as I want my next purchase to be an Esim so I can retain old number...he can purchase E-sim and install it to his phone IMMEDIATELY after an online purchase.  **what I need to research is if these lazada vendors can provide Esims yet.

However, He's not even here yet I don't think.  He can have it purchased and shipped to his destination before even arriving.

Most people do all shopping online now (for better and worse) because of it's convenience, and in this case...better pricing.

?? 

Not sure what the point of all that was....

eSIM you have to apply a monthly pack. Buying online no good in that case. Not an issue, since the monthly new SIM promos are more than good enough. 

12 month SIM are even better value, but I doubt you will be in tears at having to pay 200 baht for month for unlimited 15 Mbps and unlimited voice calls.

17 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

I don't understand the point of your post and why you are quoting me. The DTAC plans are different from the plans they distribute via vendors.

Three, six and twelve monthly plans can be bought online and direct from DTAC. Monthly plans can be applied immediately to any standard SIM. No need to waste time buying online.

Clear?

They are not a plan applied to current sim - they are the Sim card and a new phone number just as others sold by venders on Shopee and Lazada.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

They are not a plan applied to current sim - they are the Sim card and a new phone number just as others sold by venders on Shopee and Lazada.

Nope, you don't understand the subject about which you are writing.

The longer term plans are "Ready SIM". SIM pack with a preset bundle.

The monthly plans are simply normal SIM, with the vendor applying a USSD code supplied by the network. That's why they you see the six extra digits appended to the codes, to identify and incentivise the vendor.

No need to purchase online in that case, as it takes extra time for nothing. Though no harm in doing it if you want to do so.

1 hour ago, Dart12 said:

Hi Dart12 - Thanks for the input. Just to help in clarification to understand eSim's. An eSIM (embedded subscriber identity module) is a small electronic chip built into the phone or device that serves the same function as the small plastic SIM cardsAs its name suggests, the embedded SIM card or eSIM is built into the phone's board. Hence using this as a solution does depend upon your phone hardware - The mobiles currently offering this are mostly the high end devices that are from Apple, Samsung, Huawei.   

25 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Nope, you don't understand the subject about which you are writing.

The longer term plans are "Ready SIM". SIM pack with a preset bundle.

The monthly plans are simply normal SIM, with the vendor applying a USSD code supplied by the network. That's why they you see the six extra digits appended to the codes, to identify and incentivise the vendor.

No need to purchase online in that case, as it takes extra time for nothing. Though no harm in doing it if you want to do so.

Thanks Bruno123 for the contribution.

Can you clarify out a little more on what you have said, namely "The monthly plans are simply normal SIM" - I am assuming you are referring to a new SIM (posted / available in-shop) rather than the USSD code applied to an existing user SIM?

Also I am not sure what you mean "No need to purchase online" - Is this just a different way of saying that once you get a SIM then all you need is the USSD code or are you saying something other than this?

2 minutes ago, spambot said:

Thanks Bruno123 for the contribution.

Can you clarify out a little more on what you have said, namely "The monthly plans are simply normal SIM" - I am assuming you are referring to a new SIM (posted / available in-shop) rather than the USSD code applied to an existing user SIM?

Also I am not sure what you mean "No need to purchase online" - Is this just a different way of saying that once you get a SIM then all you need is the USSD code or are you saying something other than this?

I'm not saying anything other than that. I don't think I can be more clear than I have been.

It seems the more people ask, the more confused they get.

I told you, decide what you need first. Currently you are all over the shop. Forget about the cost and decide what you actually need. You have more than enough info in this thread to make an informed and intelligent decision.

On 9/11/2022 at 4:13 PM, spambot said:

Hi Dart12 - Thanks for the input. Just to help in clarification to understand eSim's. An eSIM (embedded subscriber identity module) is a small electronic chip built into the phone or device that serves the same function as the small plastic SIM cardsAs its name suggests, the embedded SIM card or eSIM is built into the phone's board. Hence using this as a solution does depend upon your phone hardware - The mobiles currently offering this are mostly the high end devices that are from Apple, Samsung, Huawei.   

Yes.  But I'm just now learning about esims now too and how to get my next data package via esim instead of Sim card (because my iphone only has one port and I lose my number then).

3 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

Yes.  But I'm just now learning about esims now too and how to get my next data package via esim instead of Sim card (because my iphone only has one port and I lose my number then).

It doesn't affect how you apply a data pack. It just means that you cannot buy the annual prepaid packs via Lazada et al; though you can buy them direct from the network.

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/new-number/esim

But you can still apply the promo monthly packs in one way or another.

On 9/9/2022 at 3:34 PM, MrJ2U said:

You definitely should go online for the promotions and flashsales.

There's promotions for 24 hours up to 1 year.

Even carriers have promotions on there Facebook page.

Ultimately I find packages in Thailand very reasonable.

I'm paying 399 baht for 20GB,5G,and unlimited calling. 

5g Super Khum 399 a month no contract.

299 for 4G.

Screenshot_20220909_212428.thumb.jpg.e7b2bc5791b078806c608273303c2272.jpg

Screenshot_20220909_213306.jpg

Very good recommendations.

Thats what the forum is all about sharing real information

OK so I have a Ais sim card and have been paying 450 baht a month for unlimited 2gb 

It's absolute dog <deleted> 

I have a lazada special dtac 20gb unlimited sim cost about 1700 baht for the year and is so much better which I use in an old phone as a hotspot in the house.

My question is how can I get a cheap package like a Lazada special without having to change my phone number each time.?