Free Camping around Chiang Mai

CrossBones

Hi Are there any nice scenic places to park up a camper and stay overnight. Near some river or places in nature that are not "camp grounds". Where is good for getting away from everyone (no kids, families just be alone in nature with campervan) thank you

OP, its the same answers and issues as your other Camper threads. Thailand has no infrastructure for campers/caravans, its too hot and humid to be comfortable in a campervan.

You can find remote away from it all locations but the same questions/issues arise, where are you getting your power from, where are you dumping your sewage, how are you staying comfortable in a camper when its 35 degrees and 90% humidity.

You will find, any idealic riverside location, probably already has a homestay, cabins etc.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, its the same answers and issues as your other Camper threads. Thailand has no infrastructure for campers/caravans, its too hot and humid to be comfortable in a campervan.

You can find remote away from it all locations but the same questions/issues arise, where are you getting your power from, where are you dumping your sewage, how are you staying comfortable in a camper when its 35 degrees and 90% humidity.

You will find, any idealic riverside location, probably already has a homestay, cabins etc.

Camper will have generator and AC. As well as solar to run the AC during the day.

Cassette toilets can be emptied at any petrol station just flush the cassette contents in the toilet.

Im talking about campercan here not big RV.

Im looking to modify one of these, with more solar panels for daytime AC and attached diesel generator (or propane generator).  Apparently you need 4 litres of diesel for overnight AC, and a 800W solar system with inverter can power the AC during the day.

https://www.avengerbox.com

I know you can stay in cheap resorts for 500b a night but the point of camping is to get totally away from civilization and absorbed in nature.

Edited by CrossBones
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CrossBones said:

Camper will have generator and AC. As well as solar to run the AC during the day.

Cassette toilets can be emptied at any petrol station just flush the cassette contents in the toilet.

Im talking about campercan here not big RV.

Im looking to modify one of these, with more solar panels for daytime AC and attached diesel generator (or propane generator).  Apparently you need 4 litres of diesel for overnight AC, and a 800W solar system with inverter can power the AC during the day.

https://www.avengerbox.com

I know you can stay in cheap resorts for 500b a night but the point of camping is to get totally away from civilization and absorbed in nature.

If you can reach a place on 4 wheels, chances are it's not really "away from civilization and absorbed in nature". And if you find it, I am sure Mother Nature will love hearing the sound of your generator all night long.

But if you like hiking a little, there are places which are equipped to take tents and I suppose caravans, with bathrooms and electricity, and then you can roam in the daytime. Example, Doi Inthanon has facilities at the mid-level headquarters, then you can lose yourself (literally, I think there was a japanese guy that they never managed to find again). Lots of plants and wildlife and birds there.