Recommendations for expat health insurance?

PadPrikKhing

17 hours ago, PadPrikKhing said:

Thanks, but I guess I will just stick with Cigna. The communication problem you mention is definitely one problem, another would be that I've heard that Thai insurers can deny claims very easily and it would be tough to do anything about it due to Thai jurisdiction.

You say buy through a broker instead of direct. Why do you say that?  Can I easily do that from the US before I get there? Do you mean that the broker should be Thai?

because your broker will speak good english, for one.

Also will help choosing your plan and with claims.

I think you can get your policy when already in thailand. Depending where you settle you can check what insurers your local hospital will accept for direct payment (if you insist on that condition). I think I have already explained it earlier 

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
13 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

So what  was the time interval between when he had the retina surgery and when he developed the cataracts?

soon after, maybe months,

It seems that maybe what you say is 'soon' is not what the insurer thinks is 'soon'.

Edited by jerrymahoney

15 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

It seems that maybe what you say is 'soon' is not what the insurer thinks is 'soon'.

Clearly wasn't a pre-existing condition, they just don't cover cataract, friend should have taken them to court and won as op caused it. At least with his insurer he'd know what court, unlike wrlife

Edited by scubascuba3

49 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Clearly wasn't a pre-existing condition, they just don't cover cataract, friend should have taken them to court and won as op caused it. At least with his insurer he'd know what court, unlike wrlife

Cataract problems are a well-established potential complication from retina surgery. What I think the issue is how much time elapsed between the retina surgery and the cataracts as these complications can take more than a year sometimes to occur. So I don't think your friend has a slam-dunk case.

And I know how I would handle a court case with WLife but I'm not delivering a short course on jurisdiction.