New Build - Main Electrical Panel

unheard

Looks good. With that many breakers then you can make sure that aircons, fridge/stove, kitchen plugs, even each room has separate breakers (of the correct amperage). Leave  maybe 2 free breaker slots for future house upgrades.

Just make sure the input wiring (especially Grounding) is correct.????

2 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

With that many breakers then you can make sure that aircons, fridge/stove, kitchen plugs, even each room has separate breakers (of the correct amperage).

My understanding is that the attached breaker labels indicate the type of the connected circuit.

It seems there are 4 unconnected breaker slots left.

I thing I should ask them to put the fridge on its own circuit. Maybe with RCBO?

Will it work when the main breaker is of the RCBO kind?

4 minutes ago, unheard said:

My understanding is that the attached breaker labels indicate the type of the connected circuit.

I thing I should ask them to put the fridge on its own circuit. Maybe with RCBO?

You would normally put the fridge/freezer on an unprotected circuit so that you don't come home to a thawed mess. Unfortunately, with a front-end RCBO in a Schneider box that's not really possible.

You could replace the incomer with a regular MCB and then use RCBOs on "risky" circuits leaving others unprotected. However, this is not strictly in line with the Thai regs so you would have to have it done after your MEA/PEA inspection for a permanent meter.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

You would normally put the fridge/freezer on an unprotected circuit so that you don't come home to a thawed mess. Unfortunately, with a front-end RCBO in a Schneider box that's not really possible.

I've noticed that the brand of the front-end RCBO differs from the rest of breakers, which are of the same brand as the panel itself, Schneider.

I've never heard of the CCS brand before.

14 minutes ago, unheard said:

When I replied, I presumed you were only showing the type of breaker box, with wiring still to be attached, therefore answered as if you could choose the breaker connections.

So with this new information, I'll let more informed posters answer your post above. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, unheard said:

I've noticed that the brand of the front-end RCBO differs from the rest of breakers, which are of the same brand as the panel itself, Schneider.

I've never heard of the CCS brand before.

Yeah, there are an increasing number of off-brand plug-in boards on the market with breakers that "fit" in Schneider boards.

CCS are as good as any of the mid-range Chinese units.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Crossy said:

You could replace the incomer with a regular MCB and then use RCBOs on "risky" circuits leaving others unprotected. However, this is not strictly in line with the Thai regs so you would have to have it done after your MEA/PEA inspection for a permanent meter.

What is the reason for this?

We passed the inspection and our Incomer is a regular MCB with RCBO's on the "risky" circuits as you can see in post #3

Edited by MJCM
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MJCM said:

What is the reason for this?

We passed the inspection and our Incomer is a regular MCBO with RCBO's on the "risky" circuits.

It depends upon the inspector and just how "inspecty" he's feeling.

Official requirement is a front-end RCBO.

We passed fine with a UK style split board (actually several sub-boards) but our man spent most of the time gassing with Madam and complaining that the (PEA installed) incoming supply didn't have equal drops between the poles.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Official requirement is a front-end RCBO.

With ALL the troubles that it brings.

Because when that one trips the whole house is in Darkness and not with individual RCBO's the circuit that has an issue only

This setup (front-end RCBO which we have in our old house) has caused us to travel late at night to our OLD house because they couldn't understand how to reset it (Push up) ????  (Fortunately the old house is only 20+kms away!

This is our OLD house setup

abb.jpg.599767250add7e91c1e784e85b6d0ffc.jpg

Edited by MJCM
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Crossy said:

BUT

It's the cheapest way to ensure safety.

You are quite right, those individual ones are NOT cheap, I think I paid (2 years ago) over 1000 THB each

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/rcbo-1-pole-10a-50a-30ma-schneider-circuit-breaker-earth-leakage-rcbo-schneider-earth-leakage-circuit-breaker-i2345807881-s7919449768.html?

• Like 2