Princes Harry and Andrew not allowed to wear military uniform at Queen Elizabeth II's funeral

Scott

BRITAIN-ROYALS-QUEEN-DEATH

Only working members of the British royal family will be allowed to wear military uniform during the state funeral and processions for the late Queen Elizabeth II, veteran royal correspondent and CBS News contributor Roya Nikkhah reported Monday.

The decision by the newly ascended King Charles III means his youngest son, Prince Harry, will have to wear a suit despite his 10 years of military service. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/prince-harry-andrew-military-uniform-queen-elizabeth-funeral/

Cbs Png Logo - Free Transparent PNG Logos

A good decision by King Charles.

Next, strip Harry and Meghan of all their titles and cut them off financially. That would garner even more support from the public. I suspect that is on the cards anyway, but he is waiting for Harry's memoirs to be published so that everyone can see his actions were warranted and a result of Harry's betrayal of his loving family rather than the usual accusations of racism, sexism, gingerism or whetever else those two charlatans can invent to attempt to portay themselves as victims.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

A good decision by King Charles.

Next, strip Harry and Meghan of all their titles and cut them off financially. That would garner even more support from the public. I suspect that is on the cards anyway, but he is waiting for Harry's memoirs to be published so that everyone can see his actions were warranted and a result of Harry's betrayal of his loving family rather than the usual accusations of racism, sexism, gingerism or whetever else those two charlatans can invent to attempt to portay themselves as victims.

Why oh why has the laughter emoticon button gone? Are we not allowed to laugh anymore?

Gingerism 555

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pegman said:

So the 2 who actually went to war for their country will wear suits while the rest will be in uniform.  Sounds like a lot of fake valour going on to me.  

It's a funeral, the 2 Royals that brought their family into disrepute are now paying the consequences, and rightly so...????

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pegman said:

So the 2 who actually went to war for their country will wear suits while the rest will be in uniform.  Sounds like a lot of fake valour going on to me.  

Neither Prince Harry nor Prince Andrew are serving members of the Armed Forces.

Prince Andrew lost his honorary appointments which allowed him to wear uniform when he was " retired", Prince Harry voluntarily relinquished his. 

Neither of them are entitled to wear uniform.

Both of them are entitled to wear their medals, as would be any other person with military service. Those medals represent that they "went to war for their country".

Neither of them have any gallantry awards - so I don't think their is any "stolen valour" going on.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 2