Thai marriage visa ?

Department of Consular Affairs will charge you 800bt, and you will wait 2 days while they check that the translation is correct. I just did this Tuesday, will return Thursday with my ......RECEIPT..... <<== KEEP the receipt!!!

Edited by edwardflory
spelling
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, edwardflory said:

Department of Consular Affairs will charge you 800bt, and you will wait 2 days while they check that the translation is correct. I just did this Tuesday, will return Thursday with my ......RECEIPT..... <<== KEEP the receipt!!!

I have our original marriage  certificate can I ask where is the Department  of council affairs 

Thank you

6 minutes ago, BostonJoe said:

I have our original marriage  certificate can I ask where is the Department  of council affairs 

Thank you

https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/publicservice/สถานที่ให้บริการรับรองนิติกรณ์เอกสาร?page=5d68c88b15e39c160c008183&menu=5d68c88b15e39c160c008184

• Like 1

I am UK pensionable age. I am therefore entitled to purchase a 3 month visa. When I return to Thailand this year I will marry my Fiance. Will I then be entitled to extend my stay by purchasing a spousal visit visa without depositing huge sums in a Thai bank and having an income which is unreachable for me? If there is such a visa, how many days is it?

8 minutes ago, RobU said:

Will I then be entitled to extend my stay by purchasing a spousal visit visa without depositing huge sums in a Thai bank and having an income which is unreachable for me?

The huge sum you refer to for extension based on marriage is 400k in bank for 2 months prior to application and maintained for under consideration period.

After that the funds can be used. 

Put simply money in bank for approx 3 months each year and then used as you wish.

Very modest requirements. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The huge sum you refer to for extension based on marriage is 400k in bank for 2 months prior to application and maintained for under consideration period.

After that the funds can be used. 

Put simply money in bank for approx 3 months each year and then used as you wish.

Very modest requirements. 

You are obviously quite well off, four hundred thousand baht equates to £9567 at current rates. Which is way beyond my ability. I repeat I am a pensioner on basic UK pension with a small NHS pension. I was not enquiring about staying permanently just an extension to my stay. I had heard that there was a 2 month spousal visa which could be purchased which did not require any financial holdings. That is what i am enquiring about.

15 minutes ago, RobU said:

I was not enquiring about staying permanently just an extension to my stay. I had heard that there was a 2 month spousal visa which could be purchased which did not require any financial holdings. That is what i am enquiring about

To apply for non O marriage you could have  400k in Thai bank account on day of application. 

That visa would give you a 90 day stamp.

You could enter visa exempt and receive 45 days (from Oct 1) and also obtain a 60 day extension to visit wife (after marriage);

The extension is 1900baht.

BTW you state ....

"You are obviously quite well off, four hundred thousand baht equates to £9567 at current rates"...

As I mentioned it only needs to be in the account on day you obtain a 90 day non O.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

To apply for non O marriage you could have  400k in Thai bank account on day of application. 

That visa would give you a 90 day stamp.

You could enter visa exempt and receive 45 days (from Oct 1) and also obtain a 60 day extension to visit wife (after marriage);

The extension is 1900baht.

BTW you state ....

"You are obviously quite well off, four hundred thousand baht equates to £9567 at current rates"...

As I mentioned it only needs to be in the account on day you obtain a 90 day non O.

Thanks for the information  however it is complicated by the fact that I will already have been be in the country for 3 months. I am asking if I can extend that 3 months after i marry without having to borrow £9567 which I can't afford to do, or have an income which is beyond my means. I understand that the 60 day extension only applies to visa exempt entry, which will not be allowed immediately after my 3 month visa ends. I don't want to stay forever just an extra month or 2

Edited by RobU

1 minute ago, RobU said:

Thanks for the information  however it is complicated by the fact that I will already have been be in the country for 3 months. I am asking if I can extend that 3 months after i marry without having to borrow £9567 which I can't afford to do, or have an income which is beyond my means. I understand that the 60 day extension only applies to visa exempt entry, which will not be allowed immediately after my 3 month visa ends.

How did you enter Thailand?

Meaning visa exempt or tourist visa or...?

When does your current permission of stay end. 

The 60 day extension to visit wife applies to many status 

Folk with a visa and tourist visa and non O or extensions from a non O can apply for that 60 day extension.

Once per entry to Thailand. 

2 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

Rob if your pension is more than 40,000 baht per month and your embassy can confirm this, you can get yearly extensions within Thailand.

From Rob...

"You are obviously quite well off, four hundred thousand baht equates to £9567 at current rates"

Most likely UK meaning no embassy letter. 

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

How did you enter Thailand?

Meaning visa exempt or tourist visa or...?

When does your current permission of stay end. 

The 60 day extension to visit wife applies to many status 

Folk with a visa and tourist visa and non O or extensions from a non O can apply for that 60 day extension.

Once per entry to Thailand. 

I am a UK pensioner 69

I am entitled by the Thai authorities to apply for and receive a 3 month visa to stay in Thailand

I have not yet entered Thailand

I will be arriving in November and will stay for 3 months

I will marry my 60yr old fiance whilst I am in Thailand so that she will have the security of a small pension after my death

I understand that the 60 day extension only applies to the visa exempt entry and does not apply to the 3 month visa

I had heard that I could apply for a spousal visit visa after I marry which would allow me to stay for a further 2 months without having to put large amounts of money in a thai Bank or have an income which is beyond my meanss as a UK pensioner. Is this true?

I have invested my life savings in building a house for my future wife's security and have no more savings

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

From Rob...

"You are obviously quite well off, four hundred thousand baht equates to £9567 at current rates"

Most likely UK meaning no embassy letter. 

Jack I think he wants 60 day extension to visit Thai wife

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, RobU said:

I had heard that I could apply for a spousal visit visa after I marry which would allow me to stay for a further 2 months without having to put large amounts of money in a thai Bank or have an income which is beyond my meanss as a UK pensioner. Is this true?

True. Its called 60 day extension to Visit Thai Wife, requirements here -

Criteria for Consideration

1)  Applicant must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-O)

2)  Having proof of relationship

3)  Having evidences of nationality of Thai spouse or Thai children

4)  In the case of spouse, relationship must be de jure and de facto

Documents to be submitted

1)  Application Form for extension of temporary stay (TM.7) attached with one photo of applicant

2)  Copy of passport first page with photo and copy last stamp, first visa, last visa, departure card(TM 6), evidence of report address, evidence of report 90 days

3)  Evidence of relationship

3.1  In the case of spouse
– Marriage Certificate (khor lor 2 and khor lor 3) or ;
– Marriage Certificate from abroad must be certified by the Embassy and the Department of Consular Affairs in Thailand

Copy of Identification and household registration of Thai spouse or any other document proving Thai nationality issued by authority or governmental agency concerned

5)  Copy of House lease agreement, Identification and household registration of owner with certified signature

6)  Application fee is 1,900 Baht

Applicant and spouse must contact in person for an interview

The originals of required documents must be shown to the competent officer and photocopied with certified signature by the applicant.

Edited by DrJoy
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

Jack I think he wants 60 day extension to visit Thai wife

Indeed.

He can obtain that after he is married.

FWIW here is good lesson for me to be not so quick to judge.

Rob is trying to do a good thing.

OP ....after arrival in Thailand you can always do a border run for visa exempt entry to buy time to marry etc.

45 days for visa exempt when you plan to visit. 

Each reentry entities you to 60 day extension to visit wife. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

True. Its called 60 day extension to Visit Thai Wife, requirements here -

Criteria for Consideration

2)  Having proof of relationship

3)  Having evidences of nationality of Thai spouse or Thai children

4)  In the case of spouse, relationship must be de jure and de facto

Documents to be submitted

1)  Application Form for extension of temporary stay (TM.7) attached with one photo of applicant

2)  Copy of passport first page with photo and copy last stamp, first visa, last visa, departure card(TM 6), evidence of report address, evidence of report 90 days

3)  Evidence of relationship

3.1  In the case of spouse
– Marriage Certificate (khor lor 2 and khor lor 3) or ;
– Marriage Certificate from abroad must be certified by the Embassy and the Department of Consular Affairs in Thailand

Copy of Identification and household registration of Thai spouse or any other document proving Thai nationality issued by authority or governmental agency concerned

5)  Copy of House lease agreement, Identification and household registration of owner with certified signature

6)  Application fee is 1,900 Baht

Applicant and spouse must contact in person for an interview

The originals of required documents must be shown to the competent officer and photocopied with certified signature by the applicant.

Thank you very much. This is exactly what I wanted to find out. I appreciate your effort in providing this information

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Indeed.

He can obtain that after he is married.

FWIW here is good lesson for me to be not so quick to judge.

Rob is trying to do a good thing.

OP ....after arrival in Thailand you can always do a border run for visa exempt entry to buy time to marry etc.

45 days for visa exempt when you plan to visit. 

Each reentry entities you to 60 day extension to visit wife. 

I thought that you had to buy a multiple entry visa in order to do the cross border thing and get 45 days plus extension.

6 hours ago, RobU said:

I thought that you had to buy a multiple entry visa in order to do the cross border thing and get 45 days plus extension.

You can do a border bounce when your permission of stay is about to expire.

You exit and reenter visa exempt and stamped in for 45:days.

That can be extended by 30 days and also by 60 days to visit wife. 

You can do that twice per calendar year. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DrJoy said:

That is not required for the 60 day extension to visit your Thai wife or children. It can be applied for with any category of visa entry or a existing extension of stay. Click number 24 here. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1890

Number 2 and 4 are proven by your wife or child being with you when you apply.

• Thanks 1

Unrelated but hopefully someone can advise.

When someone enters Thailand with say visa exempt and then obtains a non O retirement does obtaining the non O reset the 90 day report clock?.

Was asked recently and not sure.

I'm aware that subsequent first extension will start clock.

No sure if the non O application does likewise.

TIA. 

Edited by DrJack54

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

When someone enters Thailand with say visa exempt and then obtains a non O retirement does obtaining the non O reset the 90 day report clock?.

The 90 days start again when the 90 non immigrant visa entry stamp is done after the application is approved. The issuance of the visa resets the original entry to the country.

• Thanks 2