Majority of Americans concerned about Biden’s mental health: new poll

Scott

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You wish it would be that easy for Republicans to win but that's just a pipe dream.

Also Biden is a much stronger candidate than Harris. If Biden doesn't run there will be an open democratic  primary.

Unless the plan is for Biden to stand again, then resign shortly after winning again so Harris can take over. I doubt she has any more chance of being the candidate next time than last time she stood in a primary.

• Like 2

On 9/24/2022 at 4:00 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Unless the plan is for Biden to stand again, then resign shortly after winning again so Harris can take over. I doubt she has any more chance of being the candidate next time than last time she stood in a primary.

They wouldn't plan such a thing.

If there's an open primary she would have an automatic contender status just as VP incumbent. I guess it's foolish to say she has no chance. She would then have an opportunity to try to resell herself. Personally I don’t want her to be nominated. 

30 minutes ago, lemmie said:

For good reason.

His condition seems dire and is always being covered up and hidden, downplayed etc. He had spent 40% of his term on vacation in Delaware or elsewhere. Seems to be an inordinate amount of time spent away from the responsibilities of tending to the nation. Look at his actions in this recent video and judge for yourself.

"Joe Biden had been in office for 589, the President has spent 234 of them on vacation." It is quite likely Biden is not physically and mentally up to the demands and challenges of the WH.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/31/biden-hit-for-spending-40-of-his-time-on-vacation/

The same lame zoomed and edited video, in order to hide the context, which was erased before. On the full length non-edited video (from Fox News ????), it is obvious that he was about to leave the scene, when the host called him to go back for a group photo.

On 9/15/2022 at 6:40 AM, Mike Teavee said:

Same with "King" Charles in the UK, why wouldn't he just do the right thing & pass the baton on to Wills?

The Hereditary Sovereign system just doesn't work the same way... there is a bit of history behind it.  A US President is a very different thing. (We struggle to understand how this Electoral college thingy works even). I always felt Biden was put there simply as someone who could (and thankfully did) , get the prior guy out. A second term for Joe is a stretch.

19 minutes ago, lemmie said:

LOL, the funniest (and pathetically sad) part is about the 4:00 min mark of the FOX vid you submitted when he starts to walk off stage and seems to be looking for instructions or his wife for guidance then walks back stops briefly and again walks away as someone starts to thank him.

Just another of many ridiculously humiliating moments on the world stage for a person facing cognitive decline and not in control of their faculties.

He spends 40% of his presidency away from the WH as he's quite obviously unfit to meet the requirements of the job.

No amount of spin can take away from Biden's cognitive challenges and questionable leadership and management in the face of this glowing impairment.

He should step down, resign immediately.

He hesitated between staying or leaving, as he was the last speaker before the final group photo happens. 

His policies and accomplishments are mostly good. Of  course I wish he was younger and sharper but if he's running again against a pro insurrectionist, anti democracy, white nationalist adjacent demagogue, he will continue to be the much better choice.

It would be better for the country if we get a 2024 contest between a fresher democrat and a non Trumpist republican though but I doubt we will  be so fortunate. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, lemmie said:

Are moments like this shown in the attached video link also a sign of Biden's propensity for bizarre proclivities and shameful behavior, especially his comments about adolescents. His behavior concerning adolescents is not normal, he's a sick old man.

Comment about 12 year old:
https://youtu.be/OdmIiYzKKy4

The usual lame gossip...

He was 30 years old. Hmmm..... wasn't it about the time his wife and kid got killed in an accident and he was left with two kids to care for ...

Come back when you have something more serious, something like this:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://cdn.factcheck.org/UploadedFiles/Johnson_TrumpEpstein_Lawsuit.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiQ9rG5ua_6AhVSS_EDHXO3BB4QFnoECAwQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2A-P0GCUETmFTOtiarupfU

Edited by candide
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Well, 1 out of six U.S. citizens live with mental illness which equates to 44.7 million people....over 30 percent of the American population....so the president may well have mental problems too.

How does 1 out of six equal 30%?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No struggle. The founding fathers recognised that a few states with large populations would be able to elect a president ( with a simple popular vote ) that most of the states ( with small populations ) didn't want, so they created the Electoral College to even things up.

If US presidents were elected by popular vote today, the populous ( Democrat leaning ) coast states would outvote middle America ( GOP leaning ) states every time.

And what exactly is the problem with that?

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m calling this rightwing, MAGA attempt to denigrate President Biden for what it is, ‘Projection’.

Give me a shout when Biden comes down the steps of Air-force 1, then wanders off aimlessly until his staff bring him back.

Let me know if you catch Biden saluting North Korean Generals, or praising despots.

I certainly want to know if Biden is carted off to hospital in the middle of the night for a cognition test, or if members of his administration seriously start discussing enacting the 25th Amendment.

And I’ll definitely be interested if Biden starts claiming he can execute Presidential authority simply by thinking about it.

I do however draw the line at being presented with credible photographic evidence suggestive of Biden wearing adult diapers, that would put me off my morning Covfefe.

It seems though Biden's approval goes up when he keeps his mouth shut and drops when he lays down one of his outrageous world class gaffes.

Here's some recent meet and potato numbers:

Former President Donald Trump continues to outperform President Joe Biden on a variety of key issues, a Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll taken in September found.

Stimulating Jobs

Trump January 2021: 58 percent approve

Biden September 2022: 44 percent approve

Fighting Terrorism

Trump January 2021: 55 percent approve

Biden September 2022: 42 percent approve

Foreign Affairs

Trump January 2021: 52 percent approve

Biden September 2022: 40 percent approve

Administering the Government

Trump January 2021: 49 percent approve

Biden September 2022: 41 percent approve

Link/Source: harvard-harris poll

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

All 12 in the ‘real crime’ section.

President Trump’s staggering record of uncharged criminal misconduct

https://www.citizensforethics.org/reports-investigations/crew-reports/president-trump-staggering-record-of-uncharged-criminal-misconduct/#table

Why has Donald Trump not faced charges for criminal incitement?

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/537645-why-has-donald-trump-not-faced-charges-for-criminal-incitement/