What Do You Think Is Good Value here?

5 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Where else in the world, (1st world country) do you get to build a 6 bedroom 3 bathroom 320 square metre house for 6,250 baht per square metre or loose change, 2 million baht ?

Ok, let's try to be a bit realistic here.

As a matter of fact, you can find many houses in 1st world countries for cheap. They are not in NY, London or Vancouver. They are in the middle of nowhere, just like where your house is.

Try buying a house in Bangkok and then let us compare.

Even better, compare the 26 square meter influencer condo in Bangkok with nice amenities and a room where you can't even swing the cat. Then compare it to the average condo 60 square meter 1 bed condo in the big city first world country. Here an oven, dishwasher or God forbid a bathtub is a luxury. To rent or buy an equivalent condo you'd have to rent at Shangri La

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Ok, let's try to be a bit realistic here.

Just on the building costs, that should be realistic on it's own, regardless of where you build, that said, if I was to build in the sticks, like where I live, then the building cost in the 1st world country would cost more, because you have to find builders which are scarce where I come from and those who do stay and live in the sticks, charge like wounded bulls.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

Yes, just try deflect your obvious garbage commenary before.

Are you seriously comparing a house that you don't own in the middle of nowhere to a house in a 1st world country?

Here is a price of a house in the middle of nowhere in a 1st world country. Canadian dollars. Plenty to choose from too.

Screenshot 2022-09-15 091159.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Celsius said:

Are you seriously comparing a house that you don't own in the middle of nowhere to a house in a 1st world country?

Here is a price of a house in the middle of nowhere in a 1st world country. Canadian dollars. Plenty to choose from too.

Screenshot 2022-09-15 091159.jpg

I don't live in the middle of nowhere, yet again more garbage commentry.

• Like 1

Solar system for the house, condo if allowed.

3X plus the cost in my home area/USA, than what it cost for our system here.

Building a house, way cheaper.

Basically little (almost no) RE Taxes (town, county / province or state / school), vs USA. Monthly taxes cost more than cost of a rental here, and that's for a home, you already own, free & clear.

Healthcare, affordable & available.  That universal krap is useless if you can't get an appointment.

Petrol cheaper than the USA, along with electric & water, &  No sewer charges here.  Phones, cell service & internet cheaper, I think.

Hotels, sort of cheaper, until you get past true 2* and going up.  Then you get what you pay for.

Same with restaurants, cheaper, but you really do get what you are paying for.  Very few here, would survive in the USA, or even be permitted.  Not necessarily a bad thing though.

Being close to China, without all the 'higher' import duties (USA), and most everything is cheaper, especially EVs of all types, with some exceptions.

Auto dealer vehicle servicing, or anything that has labor involved.

• Like 2

Outpatient diagnostic type medical tests are of good value in Thailand

Sadly inpatient has gone the other way with prices spiking up & of course the dual pricing

but worst of all there are operations etc being recommended when not always necessary

(Yes I have first hand proof of such)