What Do You Think Is Good Value here?

40 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Are you seriously comparing a house that you don't own in the middle of nowhere to a house in a 1st world country?

Here is a price of a house in the middle of nowhere in a 1st world country. Canadian dollars. Plenty to choose from too.

Screenshot 2022-09-15 091159.jpg

Seriously, you forgot, or deliberately left out that it:

1) Was built in 1967

2) Is semi-detached (not freestanding), is timber and adjoins a neighbouring dwelling, i.e. it has a common wall between it.

3) Has 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom

4) Below from the advertisement

The main floor offers an eat-in kitchen and bright living room. Upstairs offers three bedrooms and a full family bathroom. Lower level is unfinished with lots of usable space. This house will require some TLC to bring it back to a higher standard 

When you convert CDA $68,000 to baht, you end up with just under 1.881,500 mil baht, that said, like I said in my previous post, a brand new 6 bedroom 3 bathroom 320 square metre (freestanding) brick ant tile, steel roof, concrete slab house built on a 1,000 square metres of land in 2015 cost me 2,120,000 baht all up.

The land size is similar 1,115 square metres vs 1,000 square metres, but we would be clutching at straws/

Come to think of it, what would the cost be to bring it up to scratch and of course, what would the cost of living be there ?

Now if you can't see the difference in value, then you just don't get it, and trust you me, I will NOT try to convince you, New Brunswick awaits you. 

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Seriously, you forgot, or deliberately left out that it:

It's not us dollars.

The fact that's built in 1967 just proves its worth. Show me how 1967 house looks like in Thailand .

The solar house for 1.6 million baht with no running electric just looks ridiculous. Probably submerged in water by now.

And here's detached. Many many more

IMG_20220915_095253.thumb.jpg.31302722535d304d781f8178e1cb05fe.jpg

Edited by Celsius
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Celsius said:

It's not us dollars.

The fact that's built in 1967 just proves its worth. Show me how 1967 house looks like in Thailand .

The solar house for 1.6 million baht with no running electric just looks ridiculous. Probably submerged in water by now.

I corrected that.

Don't have time for people with blinkers on, I have moved on as I have basically wasted enough time, and should allow the topic to get back to what it is about, not trying to convince those who don't get what is good value in Thailand.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Celsius said:

1.6 million baht.

Looks extremely overpriced. 

Exactly.

Built our 3 bedroom house for less than that and it looks like a REAL house -not far off Western standard - designed and project managed by a qualified architect from a massive well known firm. Okay, he is kinda a friend of the family and gave a friendly price, but still...

This guy's one for 1.6m (I'm sorry to say) looks like his wife's uncle or father build it (tin roof n all) for a few hundred thousand and pocketed over a million in his own bank account.

Edited by 2009

11 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Exactly.

Built our 3 bedroom house for less than that and it looks like a REAL house -not far off Western standard - designed and project managed by a qualified architect from a massive well known firm. Okay, he is kinda a friend of the family and gave a friendly price, but still...

This guy's one for 1.6m (I'm sorry to say) looks like his wife's uncle or father build it (tin roof n all) for a few hundred thousand and pocketed over a million in his own bank account.

That's BlueScope rolled/insulated steel.  Insulated block, 37/38 ceiling insulation. 

8kw solar system w/20kw ESS (@ ฿445k).

Good luck building that for the same price, and < 5 kms from the surf.

120m² @ ฿9166 per / ฿1.1mill build cost.

'ignored'

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

Rentals seem to be much more affordable here than the USA. I rent a studio condo for 10 thousand baht a month in Pattaya. It would cost me at least twice that in Alabama and probably four times that amount in Los Angeles or New York.

Edited by Nickelbeer
clarity
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I corrected that.

Don't have time for people with blinkers on, I have moved on as I have basically wasted enough time, and should allow the topic to get back to what it is about, not trying to convince those who don't get what is good value in Thailand.

???? Yeah that $65,000 shed in US is about the size of our kitchen that money could build nice house in many areas of Thailand no problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2009 said:

Exactly.

Actually he didn't say which dollars. If US than it's over 2mil baht. 

2 hours ago, Celsius said:

Ok, let's try to be a bit realistic here.

As a matter of fact, you can find many houses in 1st world countries for cheap. They are not in NY, London or Vancouver. They are in the middle of nowhere, just like where your house is.

Try buying a house in Bangkok and then let us compare.

Even better, compare the 26 square meter influencer condo in Bangkok with nice amenities and a room where you can't even swing the cat. Then compare it to the average condo 60 square meter 1 bed condo in the big city first world country. Here an oven, dishwasher or God forbid a bathtub is a luxury. To rent or buy an equivalent condo you'd have to rent at Shangri La

Not sure about that. My sister had a small, 200 meter home built in Montana. Nice house. Nothing fancy, and they already owned the land. It cost $500,000 to build. That is 18 million baht. Maybe a pre-owned home in Arkansas or Missouri would be a good deal. 

One thing I do agree with, good rural land is cheaper in the US, than here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richard 2020 said:

Except for the double pricing, the rest is now the same throughout Europe!

yeah right...go rent a condo in most any city in europe and compare it to rents in most any city in thailand,,,,,send me the difference in price please...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

yeah right...go rent a condo in most any city in europe and compare it to rents in most any city in thailand,,,,,send me the difference in price please...

You can buy a run down farmhouse (with a lot of land) in France for under $20,000.

Before Brexit ended my right to live there, that was my plan B.