What Do You Think Is Good Value here?

2 hours ago, newnative said:

Thanks for posting.  I compared Pattaya, a beach city in Thailand, to Myrtle Beach, SC, a beach city in the US.  Apples to apples.  The calculator told me Myrtle Beach is 3 times as expensive to live in as Pattaya.  Knew it would be more expensive but 3 times as much was a good confirmation of what I've said a number of times that it is much cheaper for me living here than somewhere similar in the US.

i know myrtle beach area well...the prices there for rents and property have gone through the roof there over the past few years....it is WAY overpriced now in my estimation...lot of Canadians and snowbirds have second homes there that sit empty for much of the year...property management fees are absurdly high up to 50% of revenue.  No thanks.

• Like 1

30 degree proof Lao Khao small bottle currently going for 34 baht at my local Tescos. Hammered for a lot less than a quid.

40 degree stuff only 36 !! Even my brother in law was gob smacked.

( the regular 40 degree generally costs 60 )

• Haha 1

Just about everything requiring labor is inexpensive in Thailand.....compared to the USA.  This includes medical, dental, electrician, gardener, car wash, laborer, transport, car body work.....heck, even female companionship....5555

But I do find the price of imports, especially automobiles, a bit nutty.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Denim said:

30 degree proof Lao Khao small bottle currently going for 34 baht at my local Tescos. Hammered for a lot less than a quid.

40 degree stuff only 36 !! Even my brother in law was gob smacked.

( the regular 40 degree generally costs 60 )

I hope your liver thinks it is good value. ????

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, itsari said:

Best is the price of a haircut here .

I get a good job done for 60 baht .

Norway you pay at least 1500 baht .

My GF cuts my hair for me.

I am not going to say I pay nothing; however, it is part of her taking care of me.

6 hours ago, pomchop said:

i know myrtle beach area well...the prices there for rents and property have gone through the roof there over the past few years....it is WAY overpriced now in my estimation...lot of Canadians and snowbirds have second homes there that sit empty for much of the year...property management fees are absurdly high up to 50% of revenue.  No thanks.

No thanks, too.

12 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

... By the way, does anybody here know the difference between Magroot and Bai Magroot?

Magroot is the fruit of the Kaffir lime.  Used in shampoo  and whatnot.  Bai magroot are the leaves, used in cooking.  Bai = leaf.

14 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

Magroot is the fruit of the Kaffir lime.  Used in shampoo  and whatnot.  Bai magroot are the leaves, used in cooking.  Bai = leaf.

If you wish to be a real man, then eat the fruit, and use the leaves to cover your loins. 

This is not a joke. 

Magroot is far tastier than lemons. 

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

My GF cuts my hair for me.

I am not going to say I pay nothing; however, it is part of her taking care of me.

My wife has been cutting my hair for 45 years.  Prior to that I never paid for a haircut. I did send her to a fancy school in BKK. She's an accomplished seamstress and hair cutter.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Damrongsak said:

My wife has been cutting my hair for 45 years.  Prior to that I never paid for a haircut. I did send her to a fancy school in BKK. She's an accomplished seamstress and hair cutter.

Does she cut your toenails, and massage you when you are tired? Mine does.

11 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

My wife cut my hair, but I had to pay her 20 baht. She said it was because of bad luck if I didn't. She was very superstitious.

On 9/15/2022 at 10:05 AM, marin said:

You are doing some serious trolling here. Our nice house in the Bangkok suburbs is about 1/3 of the cost of the same house back in the states where I come from. Yes it is in my wife's name but we have been together 33 years so I feel reasonably cool with that. 

In addition look at what you post with reference to expats in Isaan or Chiang Mai being delusional. You seem to be the one who is delusional. What caused this bitterness? 

Probably living in Canada under a communist dictator. Would be enough to make anyone bitter and twisted - apart from other communists of course! ????

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My wife cut my hair, but I had to pay her 20 baht. She said it was because of bad luck if I didn't. She was very superstitious.

It's like giving someone a knife that they like.  You have to sell it for 5 Baht or bad luck.

• Like 1