Cost to transfer motorbike

PattayaKevin

43 minutes ago, PattayaKevin said:

OK so land transport ripped me off they charged me 3000 baht and are giving me the run around. 

Some DLT's do operate different in paperwork requirements but Yes you have paid much more for some reason so go back and see the manager the cost is around 300 baht plus maybe some tax but should be no more, other inspection charge of 60 and road tax cost if needed.

54 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Some DLT's do operate different in paperwork requirements but Yes you have paid much more for some reason so go back and see the manager the cost is around 300 baht plus maybe some tax but should be no more, other inspection charge of 60 and road tax cost if needed.

Agreed,....  even if he had to pay ‘back taxes’ for previous years un-taxed it doesn’t add up to near that amount. 

The Por-Ror-Bor (compulsory insurance) is only necessary for the current year. 

48 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed,....  even if he had to pay ‘back taxes’ for previous years un-taxed it doesn’t add up to near that amount. 

The Por-Ror-Bor (compulsory insurance) is only necessary for the current year. 

Well I would like to see him go back and complain and do a reply post. 

Sounds like going by himself without a Thai partner they have had a party at his expense. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Is it more expensive if from a different province? plus he would need a residence certificate if buying

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Is it more expensive if from a different province? plus he would need a residence certificate if buying

I've dug out the list of costs of a bike I bought in 2562 registered in Koh Samui took paperwork to Sukhothai DLT. 

The cost of name transfer into a new green book because the old book was falling to bits ???? was 550 baht there were 5 baht and 10 baht charges and costs for other things I had done.

Residence certificate was extra and they wouldn't accept that one so I need to go get a new residence certificate again then hopefully be good. I took my Thai fiance with me but she never owned a motorbike and didn't know much. Taxes were paid all the time on it was just transferring from my ex wife to me. Bike is only a year old. They made me take it for an inspection which it easily passed. 

23 minutes ago, PattayaKevin said:

Residence certificate was extra and they wouldn't accept that one so I need to go get a new residence certificate again then hopefully be good. I took my Thai fiance with me but she never owned a motorbike and didn't know much. Taxes were paid all the time on it was just transferring from my ex wife to me. Bike is only a year old. They made me take it for an inspection which it easily passed. 

So much ‘mixed up information’...

How much did you pay for your ‘new’ residence certificate from Immigration ?

(it should be free but its usually about 500 baht if you want it quickly)

How much did you pay at the DLT to transfer the motorcycle into your name ?

3000 baht ??....   what have you receipts for ?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

So much ‘mixed up information’...

How much did you pay for your ‘new’ residence certificate from Immigration ?

(it should be free but its usually about 500 baht if you want it quickly)

How much did you pay at the DLT to transfer the motorcycle into your name ?

3000 baht ??....   what have you receipts for ?

Yeah I think the OP should go back to bring the corrupt DLT to account for the benefit of others. 

1 hour ago, PattayaKevin said:

Which transport office? hopefully you have receipts for al the costs, post on here

32 minutes ago, PattayaKevin said:

I received a receipt from the pattaya land transport office for 3000 baht Bank transfer to the guy outside the building doing the changes. 

So you paid 3000 baht to some random guy outside the building.... I've never been to Pattaya DLT, but I'm quite sure that the employees work inside the building.

As previous posters said, cost would have been a few hundred baht, 2000 something baht went into the pocket of the guy outside the building. Next time walk inside and get a queue number.

That's the same as when a random guys approaches you at the exit of an airport and says he is a taxi, but then you end up paying a multiple of the usual price... because the official taxis are found at the taxi counter.

Edited by FriendlyFarang
  • Thumbs Up 2