Indian leader Narendra Modi tells Putin: Now is not the time for war

Scott

image.png

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi appears to have directly rebuffed Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine, telling Russian President Vladimir Putin that now is not the time for war.

In what was the latest in a series of setbacks for the Russian leader, Modi told him of the need to “move onto a path of peace” and reminded him of the importance of “democracy, diplomacy and dialogue”.

The comments from Modi came during a face-to-face meeting on Friday, on the sidelines of a regional summit, and highlighted Russia’s increasing isolation on the diplomatic stage.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/17/world/modi-putin-russia-ukraine-war-rebuke-intl-hnk/index.html

CNN-logo-July-4-2020-e1593906141959-300x

19 minutes ago, Scott said:

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi appears to have directly rebuffed Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine, telling Russian President Vladimir Putin that now is not the time for war.

Guessing even putin realises that now, as Russia is getting its ass kicked and driven out of Ukraine. 

52 minutes ago, 300sd said:

Sorry but I don't see that connection. I don't like Zelensky nor do I like Putin and Russia. I am also not blinded by hate!

If you don’t like Putin why are you denouncing Zelensky and not him. Putin started these terrible events, although you my not be blinded by hate there are millions in Ukraine who are after their nationals were murdered, raped and tortured.

• Like 1