Pattaya Police Station Head Transferred After Kyrgyz Woman’s Death

webfact

2 hours ago, smedly said:

the only thing I have seen recently from Pattaya police is shutting down bars for no good reason - but I think everyone on here knows the reason, all the bars that I have seen shut had all the correct papers and licences ............ go figure 

You are one of the anti-cannabis posters yes?

Yet you seem very familiar with "bars".. you know, the places where they sell that harmless "social lubricant" alcohol..

Mmmm yeah...

The RTP are a national embarrassment and a disgrace. Everyone knows they are all simply franchisees, and perform very little law enforcement work. 

IMMEDIATELY transferred to the National Police headquarters in Bangkok Sunday (Sept. 18) was the superintendent of Pattaya City police station. Part of the problem? When this guy should be facing charges and looking at prison time, he is being coddled and protected, at full pay. 

Do they even thing for a nanosecond, that we take them seriously, on any level? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The RTP are a national embarrassment and a disgrace. Everyone knows they are all simply franchisees, and perform very little law enforcement work. 

IMMEDIATELY transferred to the National Police headquarters in Bangkok Sunday (Sept. 18) was the superintendent of Pattaya City police station. Part of the problem? When this guy should be facing charges and looking at prison time, he is being coddled and protected, at full pay. 

Do they even thing for a nanosecond, that we take them seriously, on any level? 

this is exactly how I feel about Americans ????

37 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Yet you seem very familiar with "bars".. you know, the places where they sell that harmless "social lubricant" alcohol..

Mmmm yeah...

I am not anti-weed and yes I do take the odd beer now and again but I don't abuse it and I don't drink and drive, I have other reasons why wide spread use of cannabis is quite frankly wrong - here's a clue - alcohol is bad enough with having a population spaced out on another drug, also there is strong evidence that long term use and abuse of cannabis causes issues with the brain, I happen to know a couple of long term cannabis users and they are quite unstable and have problems that I won't go into

All bars and massage parlors should have CCTV with good quality microphones in offices. Record all discussions with police. Avoid defenestration by revealing information anonymously.

If you go to a police station to complain, put your mobile phone on the table with recorder on. 

It might not work but friends and family will know what happened later, at least. 

This whole country's run on corruption. It's a fact of life which everyone who comes to stay should realise in a short space of time. If you want an easy life here, you have to comply with the system. I actually prefer it to too much law and order like there is in the UK. If you want to buck the system here, you will either end up disappointed, deported, or dead, depending on how much you rock the boat and whose boat you choose to rock.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

...One Is 'The Oldest Profession In The World'.....

...The Other....'Human Trafficking'.....Sadly...May Be Just As Old ...(?)

...The First...Those Involved Have...More Of A ... 'A Choice'....Than The Second One...

...The Second One....'Minors' = Children.........Therefore...Not To Be Put In The Same Category...(?)

...Or...Level Of Crime...(?)

The gov say prostitution does not exist in thailand police say the same.I,am shocked that  pattaya or any  city has this problem.I went to thailand for temples and culture never saw ladies of the night in bars just young ladies looking for a drink and alittle talking.I,am shocked

On 9/19/2022 at 7:55 AM, edogthong said:

Exactly! That should be food for thought for all the expats on here who keep saying the same mantra: "When you're in a foreign country, you should follow the law!" Those foreign bar owners who follow the law to the letter are always the ones who get in trouble with corrupt police. Paying bribes is illegal in Thailand but if you want to stay in business, you better be a law breaker. Otherwise, you're guaranteed a nasty visit from the mafia...erm I mean the police.

Virtually every business is in the book.

Monthly payment.

Taxis, bike taxis, street sellers, bars, gold shops...

The list goes on.

22 hours ago, bobbin said:

Mmmm yeah...

Irrelevant diversion. 

On 9/19/2022 at 4:51 AM, RichardColeman said:

I'd sack every last one of them after checking their bank accounts. I mean these guys are so useless they cannot find evidence of prostitution in one of the cities with the most prostitutes in the world

That's because they are running it.