Pattaya Police Station Head Transferred After Kyrgyz Woman’s Death

webfact

Pattaya police chief removed from position by Chonburi Provincial Police commander
By Adam Judd

image.jpeg

Pattaya-Chief of Pattaya Police Kunlachart Kunlachai has been removed from his position according to Chonburi Provincial Police Order 393/2565, which is at the end of this article for reference.

The order, which takes effect as of September 18th, 2022, will also place Police Colonel Mekawit Praditphon, Deputy Commander of the Chonburi Provincial Police, to act as temporary superintendent/chief of Pattaya police until at least September 30th, 2022.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/09/18/pattaya-police-chief-removed-from-position-by-chonburi-provincial-police-commander/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-09-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

17 minutes ago, smedly said:

the only thing I have seen recently from Pattaya police is shutting down bars for no good reason - but I think everyone on here knows the reason, all the bars that I have seen shut had all the correct papers and licences ............ go figure 

Can you tell us which bars or point me to the article which I must have missed?

Curious how you would know for sure that they all "had all the correct papers and licences"

1 minute ago, mikeymike100 said:

Agree, but replace them with who? Corruption is endemic in Thailand (not just Thailand) trying to find some honest hard working folks who want to be cops who won't take bribes might well be difficult?

Very true like most stuff here you can never eliminate it is basically control. Here as you noted not by the leadership today or in your or mine lifetime. 

We both know what is needed but helpless so our solution is to vent out loud here.  If we were given the power to do so we wouldn't last a week.

• Like 2

"The order is related to this case involving the suicide of a Kyrgyzstan national in Pattaya who had allegedly been tricked into prostitution"

Give me break! A chief of police fired because of a foreign woman tricked into prostitution and subsequently commited suicide. The journalist is got to be joking. Us readers of Asean Now may not be the sharpest tools in the shed but we are not that stupid.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

I used to take my 4 year old daughter to the local pool in Pattaya off Soi Khaotalo.

We both loved it. Lots of kids for her to play with, nice restaurant & ice cream. Dutch guy with a lovely Thai wife owned the place.

Cops shut him down as he refused to pay bribes for "protection"...from themselves.

It was a really, really nice place for kids and parents to have a good time.

more fool the Dutch guy. when in Rome...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Sadly did the police department and most of the cities are all the same  If they check the police accounts and banks They always have a lot of explaining to do TIT

The girls outside MacDonalds  in Nana are just waiting for BIG MAC

1 minute ago, jaywalker said:

right and wrong

spare me the morality lesson. TIT, pay or get shut down. or in a case I have personal experience with, shut your speakeasy in Pattaya when the cops tell you to or get arrested and deported LOL. 

this is no country for do-gooders. 

• Like 1