Chuwit on form again: Says tongue in cheek that no country is as good as Thailand at fighting corruption

webfact

2 hours ago, Thunglom said:

I assume you are either trying to justify your own social behaviour or prostitution. Prostitution is illegal in Thailand so the very existence of a soapy massage is the result of corrupt interpretation of the law.

Another right wing evangelist type.

Get your head out of the sand. 

Ugh! 

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Another right wing evangelist type.

Get your head out of the sand. 

Ugh! 

So far your comments don't actually make sense - you've managed here to string together words most people know but you've managed to strip them of all meaning. How can you evangelise with your head in the sand? Do you actually know what right and left wing are?

6 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

So far your comments don't actually make sense - you've managed here to string together words most people know but you've managed to strip them of all meaning. How can you evangelise with your head in the sand? Do you actually know what right and left wing are?

Are you in the right forum?

It's about government corruption.

Perhaps re-read the Op or start a thread about your anti massage beliefs and ant-prostitution beliefs.

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

Are you in the right forum?

It's about government corruption.

Perhaps re-read the Op or start a thread about your anti massage beliefs and ant-prostitution beliefs.

I might ask you the same thing - where do you get the idea you know anything about my "beliefs" on prostitution? I'm discussing corruption in Thailand and pointing out you seem to have no understanding of it whatsoever. So your lack of understanding of my posts I find equally unsurprising.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thunglom said:

I might ask you the same thing - where do you get the idea you know anything about my "beliefs" on prostitution? I'm discussing corruption in Thailand and pointing out you seem to have no understanding of it whatsoever. So your lack of understanding of my posts I find equally unsurprising.

I don't think you understand how Thailand works.

Enjoy your week.

It’s one of the things that make Thailand interesting. Adds a little colour to what otherwise would be a dreary gray but this then has to be reconciled against all the damage and pain caused to the victims of this corruption. I think it has got to the point where it is now etched indelibly into the DNA of the people and will take many generations to reverse. In the meantime the gravy train will roll on with impunity and payments will continue to be made to those who demand them. 
Change will not be supported or tolerated by beneficiaries of the system and little can be done to change it within the current setup of things in this country. Uprisings against the system will be short-lived and will not be tolerated by those in power. There is little people can do without great risk to themselves and so it goes on…… and on. 

And on. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Thunglom said:

Comparing "corruption" in Thailand with expat's home countries just indicates how little expats actually understand corruption in Thailand.

As you very well know, I made no such comparison. I merely stated that when I think of corruption, I immediately think of my home state. Hence, you just wanted to toot your horn. 

17 hours ago, Thunglom said:

Comparing "corruption" in Thailand with expat's home countries just indicates how little expats actually understand corruption in Thailand. Like veins in a Stilton it permeates every aspect of society. It isn't just business, it isn't even necessarily money driven. It is considered by 60% of the population a necessity as it oils the wheels of government. From the highest positions to the vey lowest it is an accepted part of life.

it is graft, nepotism and corruption, dictated by Sakdina and kreng Jai - a system pretty much unique to Thailand and to compare it with the corruption of the West is to misunderstand the very nature of all corruption in Thailand 

And yet, you've done exactly that!

On 9/19/2022 at 9:11 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Yet this makes him the perfect candidate to spill the beans on others, now does it not?

From the viewpoint of the law yes, but it also makes him a huge hypocrite who just goes wherever the opportunity wind blows him and therefore not reliable!

21 hours ago, Thunglom said:

it's a question of messenger and message. he certainly is in a position to talk with authority on the subject. But you choose not to believe him?

It's not about believing him. It's about him trying to pass himself off as the good guy now when in reality he's not one hair better than the ones he's ratting out. He's a massive hypocrite! 

20 hours ago, LALes said:

If there's anyone who knows the face of corruption, its Chuvit.   I'd rather have him running things than this current bunch of poseurs.

Really??? Wow! Do you really think he'd be all straight, if he came back to power? He'd be as corrupt as ever!!!

7 hours ago, oslooskar said:

As you very well know, I made no such comparison. I merely stated that when I think of corruption, I immediately think of my home state. Hence, you just wanted to toot your horn. 

If you don't like people tooting their horn, don't stand in the road. Why do you "immediately think of your home state"? - 

Edited by Thunglom

58 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

It's not about believing him. It's about him trying to pass himself off as the good guy now when in reality he's not one hair better than the ones he's ratting out. He's a massive hypocrite! 

We're talking about corruption are you saying he should keep quiet?

8 hours ago, Thunglom said:

We're talking about corruption are you saying he should keep quiet?

Yes! And preferably move to a lonesome island without any type of communication to the outside world, so we can erase the location of the island from world maps and never have to see or hear from him ever again! 

Also, the reason he's so vocal about it is not because he cares sooooooo much about ending corruption, it is to stay relevant and to be in the press because without his sporadic outbursts the world would've forgotten about him a long time ago!

Finally, the guy was one of the biggest brothel owners. I'm sure all his girls were there free willingly and sooo glad he took them off the street and provided them with a room in exchange for a very small fee to conduct their business in safety. 

He's an evil, malicious ..... .. ....! 

2 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Yes! And preferably move to a lonesome island without any type of communication to the outside world, so we can erase the location of the island from world maps and never have to see or hear from him ever again! 

Also, the reason he's so vocal about it is not because he cares sooooooo much about ending corruption, it is to stay relevant and to be in the press because without his sporadic outbursts the world would've forgotten about him a long time ago!

Finally, the guy was one of the biggest brothel owners. I'm sure all his girls were there free willingly and sooo glad he took them off the street and provided them with a room in exchange for a very small fee to conduct their business in safety. 

He's an evil, malicious ..... .. ....! 

So you're for corruption then....

On 9/20/2022 at 1:14 AM, Thunglom said:

If you don't like people tooting their horn, don't stand in the road. Why do you "immediately think of your home state"? - 

Where did I say that I didn't like people tooting their horns? Regarding why I immediately think of my home state when corruption is mentioned, I made that perfectly clear in my very first comment. So, no offense intended, but if you want to be a wit then at least pay close attention to what has actually been written so you can respond to it appropriately.