2022 Trip Report for Retirement Extension via Thai Bank Deposit at BKK CW

17 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Remember, the updating the bankbook process also involves two steps -- first getting the bankbook itself updated, and then heading down the row in the basement of the Govt. Complex building to get an updated photocopy of the newly updated final bankbook page...and then schlepping back to Immigration.

Not in my experience.

I sit with clerk and pass over bankbook and 200baht. 

100 baht for deposit and 100baht for bank letter and kindly ask her to photocopy last page of bank book .

Mind you she already knows that. 

Takes about 30 mins all up. 

11 hours ago, MikaQ5 said:

Does the Thai bank deposit confirmation letter haveto come from a bank in the same province as where you are applying for the extension ?

And the amount ( in the bank letter ) doesn’t have to match up exactly to the passbook balance On theday of application ( ie a 100b difference is allowed as long as both amounts are over 800k ) 

it would suit me to get a bank letter in Phuket ( Bangkok Bank) and do small withdrawal and update the passbook in CM (as I have an early flight andwould be in CM immigration much earlier ) 

thanks 

Re your first question about having a bank income letter from a province other than where you're applying to Immigration, I don't know the answer to that one...

I don't know why that should/would be a problem. But I also don't recall ever seeing that addressed as an issue here.

Re your second question, BKK CW says they will accept bank deposit confirmation letters issued up to 7 days prior to your actual Immigration visit. The letter doesn't have to be issued the day of your visit or even the day before.

And, it's no problem if the balance listed on your bank letter is somewhat different than the balance of your bankbook update on the day of your visit. Just so long at your balances have always remained above the minimum amount/amounts specified by Immigration for your particular extension.

PS - even though it's not required, I tend to like to get my income letter and day-of update balances to match. So the way I do that is....

1. Get my income letter prior.

2. Immediately after getting my letter, do a 100b deposit at that same branch.

3. The morning of my Immigration visit, do a 100b ATM withdrawal to have some activity that day to allow a bankbook update.

4. And then run my bankbook thru the update machine to get the printed update for the day.

5. letter and bankbook balances match.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Takes about 30 mins all up. 

That's 30 minutes I'd prefer not to waste on the morning of my Immi visit.

PS - Last I heard, Krungsri BKK CW was no longer providing the copy of the last bankbook page when issuing their income letters. They declined to give me a copy two years ago last time I did an income letter with them.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That's 30 minutes I'd prefer not to waste on the morning of my Immi visit.

I use appointment system.

Hardly think attending the bank that is located in same building a waste of time.

But follow your plan.

Obtain letter prior.

Go ridiculously early to secure a spot and que for ticket number. 

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I use appointment system.

Hardly think attending the bank that is located in same building a waste of time.

But follow your plan.

Obtain letter prior.

Go ridiculously early to secure a spot and que for ticket number. 

I was out before the noon lunch break yesterday, and that was with an extra hour of delay having to get a paid bank statement demanded by a fussy IO...

In the last three years, I've always finished getting my extension and re-entry permit prior to the noon lunch break.

I'm good for that.  But I don't begrudge others who choose to handle their business in a different way.

Just share what works for me, and why.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

A tip on obtaining a new passbook for account used for immigration….

I always update my “old” passbook minutes before I ask the bank to issue a new passbook to replace the “old” filled up book.  In that way then closing balance on the old and the bal fwd amount on the new are identical and the dates on both books match.

On 9/20/2022 at 5:02 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:
On 9/20/2022 at 4:55 PM, DrJack54 said:

OP, in regards to TM30 and 90 day report receipt I have never provided either for my extensions based on retirement at CW. 

I well know that.... ????  But that doesn't change the fact that Immigration had asked me for copies of those two years ago when I didn't have them in my submitted paperwork, and then accepted and didn't return the same from me last year ???? Just not today.   And I was fine with that!

Case-by-case fellas. Out at CW I've always been asked for them. Last year I held back both the 90-day and TM-30 copies from the stack of papers given to the IO, just to find out what would happen. Yep, they were. asked for. "Oh...here they are," as I fished them from my stack and slid them over. Everyone's experience varies.

Edited by rwilem
Spell
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just share what works for me, and why.

Yes, indeed. Once anyone's got an MO that works for them, no need to deviate much from it. And while what works for one may not be the way for others, it's good for all to pick up tips for successful outcomes when dealing with the bureaucracy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rwilem said:

Last year I held back both the 90-day and TM-30 copies from the stack of papers given to the IO, just to find out what would happen. Yep, they were

Amazing.

The TM30 perhaps if you do not have a lease I could understand it or if it was your first extension.

As for 90 day report that should have nothing to do with annual extension. 

Personally never provided either for my annual extensions at CW.