Thailand turns to Russia as foreign tourist revenue is projected to be only 21% of 2019 record figures

webfact

15 hours ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

If you read the news carefully, you will know that staff critical to Aeroflot’s operations will be exempted. Aeroflot flights to Thailand will go as scheduled. Building walls in your head to believe only what is pleasant to believe is setting yourself up for surprises in the future.

I thought I read a post that suggested pilots and those working in many roles were very likely to be called up to support the Russian war effort. So which is it?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

What do you mean? That Putin could be replaced by someone even worse?

Possibly but that's not what I meant What I meant is that if a dirty deal is done where Russia steals more of Ukraine its possible that things change in Russia in a direction where they will stop at that.

23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Possibly but that's not what I meant What I meant is that if a dirty deal is done where Russia steals more of Ukraine its possible that things change in Russia in a direction where they will stop at that.

I see your point, but I’m not sure I agree. The genie seems to be out of the bottle in Russia, craziness is rampant and the pundits are trying to outdo each other in extremist and insane opinions and plans of action. Not sure if anyone can reign that in any time soon.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

I see your point, but I’m not sure I agree. The genie seems to be out of the bottle in Russia, craziness is rampant and the pundits are trying to outdo each other in extremist and insane opinions and plans of action. Not sure if anyone can reign that in any time soon.

I think by now most Russians know they've been lied to about most everything they've been told about the war in Ukraine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think by now most Russians know they've been lied to about most everything they've been told about the war in Ukraine. 

That may be so, but what are they going to do? Russia has a huge (and usually very loyal) police force, not to mention all kinds of ‘special’ forces, secret police and whatnot. Just look at what’s happening in Iran. I’m betting that at least 75% of the people there are sick and tired of the ayatollah regime, but any form of dissent is drowned in blood. If there is to be a regime change in Russia (or Iran), it’s probably going to be a very bloody one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rudi49jr said:

That may be so, but what are they going to do? Russia has a huge (and usually very loyal) police force, not to mention all kinds of ‘special’ forces, secret police and whatnot. Just look at what’s happening in Iran. I’m betting that at least 75% of the people there are sick and tired of the ayatollah regime, but any form of dissent is drowned in blood. If there is to be a regime change in Russia (or Iran), it’s probably going to be a very bloody one.

It's doubtful the masses will be storming the Kremlin but the political winds have changed and an internal coup has become more likely. It's impossible to predict any details but I wouldn't be betting on Putin being in charge for many more years.

• Like 2

The Russians will need lots of ongoing tickets and the border visa runs will be big business. Immigration officials are devising new ways to increase income. The government is desperate to generate cash flow before facing an election. Morals be damned. Any money is good money.