Thailand turns to Russia as foreign tourist revenue is projected to be only 21% of 2019 record figures

webfact

Putin is expanding and on 21 sept 2022 declaring war to the West as seen in the Russian Media. Sarting mobilization and threating to use NBC.

Smart to bring in Russians that is making it easy to get annexed by Russia like they did with parts of the Ukraine.

14 hours ago, blazes said:

So Eva Air will be bringing the Russians in via Taipei?  Did Xi Xi suggest to Vlad that this would be an excellent way to irritate the Taiwanese?

You are paying too much attention to the fake news of this Thai Examiner propaganda rag. The image with Eva Air is doctored to imply somehow that Eva Air has something to do with the supposed Russian charter flights, well the airline itself probably has no idea it was framed like this. Also if you read the original article it briefly mentions that they hope to organise 3 chartered flights per week, that's less than a thousand people, drop in the ocean.

In summary neither is Eva Air going to transport any Russians, nor TAT turned to Russia to save the day with less than a thousand arrivals per week. I believe flights to India are at least tenfold more.

Fake news.

Edited by gearbox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, peterrabbit said:

With Putin just announcing a mobilization for the Ukraine "policing action" then expect a tsunami of single Russian men in the next few weeks. ????

If they fail to show up at the military office they face charges so how many can afford Elite visas?

The Russian war has nothing to do with Thailand. 

I teach some Russians and they should not be outcast just because of their leader. 

Were americans blocked when they invaded Iraq?

Were Chinese blocked when they invaded Tibet?

No, so why should we bow to the woke governments of the world? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It's one of the easiest countries in the world to get a visa. What are you talking about?

Try going, as a Thai, to USA, UK, etc for a holiday. Retirement, forget it, unless you have 16 million baht to invest(US).

Yes Thailad has easy visa rules. Maybe that has something to do that Thailand need tourist money! Can't compare different passports between each other! Some country passport are better than other. Like my Finnish passport let me access to 189 country whitout visa! Cant compare like Afghanistan passport! That passport let you access only 28 country whitout visa! 

Democratic country's like other country's where has real democratically elect government.

Also level of corruption is low in those country's! 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Yes Thailad has easy visa rules. Maybe that has something to do that Thailand need tourist money! Can't compare different passports between each other! Some country passport are better than other. Like my Finnish passport let me access to 189 country whitout visa! Cant compare like Afghanistan passport! That passport let you access only 28 country whitout visa! 

Democratic country's like other country's where has real democratically elect government.

Also level of corruption is low in those country's! 

What exactly are you trying to say? I’ve reread your post a few times but still can’t make head or tail about the point you are trying to make.

As for tourist money, show me one country that doesn’t need it. I was in the tourist industry for over 30 years and pretty much every country in the world needs tourist money. You are Finnish. You should know how many Russian tourists come over from SPB to Helsinki on a daily basis.

• Like 2

Shame on Thailand. Not that anyone cares but I won’t be coming back to Thailand until they change their minds.  Just the thought of having Russians for neighbors ! No loss for me, plenty choice where there are decent governments. I think many people will feel like this.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

It's one of the easiest countries in the world to get a visa. What are you talking about?

Try going, as a Thai, to USA, UK, etc for a holiday. Retirement, forget it, unless you have 16 million baht to invest(US).

There is a good reason for that:   They welcome Mexican passport holders and South American passport holders. Very easy to get a long term visa. I am sure there are others but I am familiar with those two. 

4 hours ago, LatPhrao said:

Right! and he has chosen to conscript and news reports are of Russians trying to grab the last airline tickets to get out.  Sorry TAT, the Russian tourist ploy looks dead in the water. They're not coming.

Yes, they’ve just showed flight tickets at 2700 €. There is organizing in the making for fleeing over land.,

On 9/21/2022 at 3:56 AM, KIngsofisaan said:

Anything for the almighty baht!

why not stop over in Ukraine pick up those nice murdering Barstewards give them a nice holiday here in Los im sure they've got loads of plundered cash to spend   Thailand and its greed never ceases to amaze me 

• Like 1

of course they want to do that.

dont you all realise the attitude here is: me,  me, me.

only care about themselves.........all the crazy things they are doing nowadays is putting people off.  that and the airfares.

it will never recover here to pre pandemic levels.......never

• Like 1

11 hours ago, geisha said:

Well we didn’t have any Russians on the Cote D Azur and Monaco this year ! The only ones actually living here kept a very low profile too,, Maybe waiting for that knock on the door . And we didn’t miss them either, booked out all season.  Abramovich who has his manor in my village and all his cronies  disappeared. Lots of mega yachts confiscated.  Good . 

great news

11 hours ago, geisha said:

Shame on Thailand. Not that anyone cares but I won’t be coming back to Thailand until they change their minds.  Just the thought of having Russians for neighbors ! No loss for me, plenty choice where there are decent governments. I think many people will feel like this.

mate you would have to wait a long time ..Thailand the Money is king its all about cash ..and they don't care what trash they let in to spend it simple as that 

• Like 1