Thailand turns to Russia as foreign tourist revenue is projected to be only 21% of 2019 record figures

webfact

12 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

What exactly are you trying to say? I’ve reread your post a few times but still can’t make head or tail about the point you are trying to make.

As for tourist money, show me one country that doesn’t need it. I was in the tourist industry for over 30 years and pretty much every country in the world needs tourist money. You are Finnish. You should know how many Russian tourists come over from SPB to Helsinki on a daily basis.

So you not read txt what i quoted! There say Thailand is one of most easy country to get in to. Also was saying how hard Thai national is to get visa like in USA. That why i tell difference about passports.

Even countrys need tourist money they still make decision not allow Russian's to entrance they country! Maybe you know the reason? If you have not notice there is one war going on! About 60000 Russian entrance in Finland via land every week. Finland and over 70% Finnish citizen want to close border from Russian tourist. Even east Finland like Russian money! But most of Russian continue they travel forward from Finland.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Not sure if you’ve ever been to Russia or know any Russians. All the Russians I know (I’ve been to Russia many times) easily outspend 99% of the so called high quality western tourists frequenting the bars in Pattaya.

@Gweiloman I would say the same to you.    as the russians ive seen are tight. drinking on hotels steps or outside 7 and not in bars. And every time I've spoken to Thais they've said the same that russians never ever tip and don't spend cash.            here's a example..... a bar i was sat in... 4 russians came in and sat there for at least 10 minutes with no intention of buying drinks or food.    eventually a bar girl had to take a drink menu to them.     cuz they thought they could watch the band playing in the bar without buying a drink.   and then when they was forced to buy a drink, they brought one bottle of water between four of them.          So I've never seen the russians exactly splashing the cash.  the complete opposite in fact.

Edited by paulikens
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, geisha said:

You say «  the government is responsible for the welfare of its people and the economy «  

Don’t make me laugh ! 
As for foreigners who think they can decide what’s good for Thailand, that’s rubbish.  It’s a question of respecting Human Rights . Do you also think that the murdering generals of Myanmar and North Korea and many other rogue governments should be ignored ? Maybe PolPot thought he was doing good for his country too ? Should we look away ?

Why then do you look away when the murdering Presidents and Generals of America invade Middle Eastern countries? Or do you not consider middle easterners worthy of your so called human rights?

How about a 10 year old girl forced to carry her father’s baby? Why do you look away?

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

The reason you’ve never seen any Russian splashing the cash could be because you move in the lower classes of society. I have personally witnessed many Russians spending tens of thousands of Euros in the diamond shops such as Coster and Gassan. I have drank many a glass of champagne with them.

Yeah Putin has friends everywhere!  But he dont have so many friend in Russia! Hmmm... everybody maybe your friend if other alternative is fell down from high building!

9 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

The reason you’ve never seen any Russian splashing the cash could be because you move in the lower classes of society. I have personally witnessed many Russians spending tens of thousands of Euros in the diamond shops such as Coster and Gassan. I have drank many a glass of champagne with them.

@Gweiloman Very presumptuous and pretentious of you.  you sound like a right snob.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

@Gweiloman many a brave man behind a keyboard.   

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gknrd said:

There is a good reason for that:   They welcome Mexican passport holders and South American passport holders. Very easy to get a long term visa. I am sure there are others but I am familiar with those two. 

It's not, when I inquired they said I needed 16 million baht to invest to get a retirement visa in the USA. No need for yanks to invest here to get a 1 year visa.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, geisha said:

Shame on Thailand. Not that anyone cares but I won’t be coming back to Thailand until they change their minds.  Just the thought of having Russians for neighbors ! No loss for me, plenty choice where there are decent governments. I think many people will feel like this.

Shame? The war has nothing to do with Thailand, jeez....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

It's not, when I inquired they said I needed 16 million baht to invest to get a retirement visa in the USA. No need for yanks to invest here to get a 1 year visa.

You should be grateful to the US for that, if not. You would be in Thailand alone.. Everyone that could scratch up enough to get a ticket to the US would have left Thailand years ago.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, paulikens said:

@Gweiloman Very presumptuous and pretentious of you.  you sound like a right snob.

14 hours ago, paulikens said:

@Gweiloman many a brave man behind a keyboard.   

Nothing pretentious or snobby or brave. I was just doing my job, entertaining rich consumers from all over the world. Mostly Russians, Chinese and Indians. Occasionally some Arabs, they are not so much into diamonds. Hardly any Americans, they prefer to shop at McDonalds or by mail order lol.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Most people I know wouldn’t go to US even if you paid them. Crimes, murders, mass shootings, crumbling infrastructure etc

The only thing that people I know would go for is the education, well apart from Geography ???? The richer, of course would choose the Uk, especially Scotland for the best unis/schools.

• Like 1

Just now, plus7 said:

You, farangs, who are so strong moralists why wouldn't you participate, pay with your expenses, struggle for those principles by living in your countries?

They don't integrate or assimilate into Thai culture, so obviously can't understand the cultural nuances. They probably watch CNN and read TV instead of the local news. 

• Like 1